Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: TKG Announcement
TKG Announcement
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jan 20 2012, 10:41 am
By: Azrael  

Jan 22 2012, 12:52 am Azrael Post #21

I thought it'd have been fine had the players had treated the city like a massive closed world (which it was, incidentally).

The only real difference here was that the players needed to determine the identity of a killer who didn't need direct contact to kill. There were plenty of ways to do that, especially with an entire city of resources at each person's disposal. The killer also had an interesting challenge presented to them, in the form of managing to kill all other players.

I guess though, next one will be more like the first one in terms of circumstances and spacial restrictions, for the most part.

Jan 22 2012, 1:08 am Roy Post #22

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
The killer also had an interesting challenge presented to them, in the form of managing to kill all other players.
Option 1:
1. Approach player close enough to touch them.
2. Obtain real name of person by picking their pocket and finding their ID without the person noticing/resisting.
3. Avoid being in danger of being attacked by the person as you write down their name, perhaps by leaving the room.
4. Write down player's name in Death Note.

Option 2:
1. Shoot player with gun.

Jan 22 2012, 1:13 am Azrael Post #23

Suggesting that picking someone's pocket is the only/best way to get someone's name.

Also suggesting that exposing yourself by shooting someone in the face is worth the obvious consequences :P

Jan 22 2012, 1:21 am Observer12425 Post #24

You know, an interesting idea would be giving every player a special ability at start, something like this:
-
You are innocent!
You exist for two purposes: to survive, and to kill. Secondary only to your survival, you must destroy the Killer, at which point you will inherit his role and initial ability.
Your special ability: You may conduct one action in a turn that you sprint. Normal sprint restrictions apply otherwise.
--
You are the Killer!
You exist for one purpose only: to kill. Slaughter the others before they overcome you. Survival is secondary, for your bloodlust is contagious.
Your special ability: Upon killing an enemy, you inherit his special ability. Your role and this special ability will be inherited by your final assailant, and anyone in the room at the time of your death will be killed by immolation.
-

The purpose of the specials is to give each player a personal strength on top of their equipment and to give the Killer a good reason to personally kill more than provoking conflict among the others, which tends to lead to a free-for-all bloodbath. The idea behind transferring the killer's role is to give multiple people the chance to be the killer, to prevent the game ending prematurely, and to inspire mistrust but encourage close teamwork.
Edit: Also, it would give people more of a reason to want to kill the killer.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 22 2012, 1:27 am by Observer12425.

None.

Jan 22 2012, 1:38 am Azrael Post #25

I think making it so people can absorb special powers (earn experience and skills, basically) from killing other people is going to increase the likelihood of a bloodbath :P At the very least, your theory that it would increase the volume and frequency of killing is probably accurate lol.

Also, there is always going to be something to incriminate the killer. As was mentioned by Tux in the first game, it's sort of a natural clock. The identity and safety of the killer becomes increasingly endangered if he leaves the other players completely unchecked.

Pretty sure giving players special abilities would work out fine though, depending on the abilities. Maybe even make a list of available abilities, and let each person pick one (I prefer to decrease the randomization factor when it's more fair not to). Any other input on this is welcome.

Jan 22 2012, 1:39 am Observer12425 Post #26

Az, the Killer alone can inherit powers, and the powers he inherits are lost on death. Only the killer role may be inherited by anyone that is not a killer. Plus, completely unchecked is one thing, but nonetheless LoTu)S's victory involved only three kills made by him.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 22 2012, 3:57 am by Observer12425.

None.

Jan 22 2012, 7:58 am Aristocrat Post #27

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
Suggesting that picking someone's pocket is the only/best way to get someone's name.

Also suggesting that exposing yourself by shooting someone in the face is worth the obvious consequences :P

I had actions to account for that. Obviously, pistols are not sniper rifles so I have to be reasonably close, but there were ways with which I could kill easily without actually being exposed.

Guns kinda made it imba, and I put all my actions towards collecting guns for that very reason.

None.

Jan 22 2012, 7:53 pm Bar Refaeli Post #28

Although I had most of the game sorted out... and everyone on the steps to their deathbeds.
Terminate.

None.

Jan 23 2012, 11:02 pm Observer12425 Post #29

We can pretty safely say that TKG 2 is dead. Let's get #3 on the road!

None.

Jan 24 2012, 2:50 am Azrael Post #30

As per the voting results, I will make a recap post later tonight, and then put up the new sign-up thread.

Options
  Back to forum