Staredit Network > Forums > Lite Discussion > Topic: Nudism; Worth a thouand words
Nudism; Worth a thouand words
May 16 2011, 7:50 pm
By: Tempz  

May 16 2011, 7:50 pm Tempz Post #1

Well this is such a broad topic; for one should sex and nudism be embraced as art or an act of god (yes everyone knows "m atheist =/). Or should it be frowned upon because its smutty and dirty. And like many things there is a middle ground, for e.g. doing something in your own privacy is your bussiness.

I've always thought that great civilizations and time periods such as the roman empire and Victorian era were very embracing of sexuality and nudism. For example some structures in the roman empire have statues with full frontal nudity, noways these are considered smut and are censored. Should we be given what people long a ago seen or should be hidden (shells were placed to censor these statues) However these censors nowadays have been removed and restored to their full intent.(shells removed)

Post has been edited 10 time(s), last time on May 22 2011, 7:04 pm by Tempz.

None.

May 16 2011, 8:38 pm NicholasBeige Post #2

some people should be naked all the time, others should be locked in a cage and thrown under water.

no human has the right to enact laws for either of these contrasts, and therefore it is a matter of public opinion. Each to their own I say.

Edit: and you do know Photoshop right?

None.

May 16 2011, 8:41 pm Dem0n Post #3

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from name:Cardinal
some people should be naked all the time, others should be locked in a cage and thrown under water.

no human has the right to enact laws for either of these contrasts, and therefore it is a matter of public opinion. Each to their own I say.

Photoshop or not, those pictures are pretty damn funny.

May 16 2011, 8:46 pm DevliN Post #4

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Tempz
I've always thought that great civilizations and time periods such as the roman empire and Victorian era were very embracing of sexuality and nudism. For example some structures in the roman empire have statues with full frontal nudity, noways these are considered smut and are censored. Should we be given what people long a ago seen or should be hidden (shells were placed to censor these statues).
Where have you seen these statues censored? I've been to Rome, Florence, Pompeii, and other place where you can clearly see full-frontal nudity on statues and in paintings, and none of them have been censored. I don't think I've ever seen a statue censored.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

May 16 2011, 8:53 pm Tempz Post #5

Well there was a house i did go see at it was censored...

@Devlin
why did you have to remove the images; its was just harmless fun :( and it was supposed to be a joke and a discussion

Edit : for those who don't know the images where images of plants that look like male and female body parts (you know...)

None.

May 16 2011, 9:04 pm DevliN Post #6

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I understand it was supposed to be a joke. But you posted this in LD, not Null. Having people being more interested in the "funny pictures" than the discussion makes this seem less serious than you may want it to be. If you did want it to be less serious, I can move it to Null.

Well there was a house i did go see at it was censored...
What house? That's not very good evidence to back that up.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

May 16 2011, 9:42 pm NicholasBeige Post #7

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
Quote from name:Cardinal

Photoshop or not, those pictures are pretty damn funny.
They're funny if you were born yesterday and thrown onto the internet. They've been around for easily a decade now.

Let's discuss the photos and make devlin RAGE. :P

but srsly. light discussion about this?

You might have confused the 'censoring' of 'art' by some mad pope in the 16th century (I beleive) who went on a crusade and defaced hundreds of public statues because he beleived them to be impure representations of gods creation. I don't have the facts but that did definitely happen, and for the most part all the statues have been repaired.

None.

May 17 2011, 8:10 am Oh_Man Post #8

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

I don't know about statues being censored but many paintings have been censored. A lot of Michelangelo's paintings, particularly in the Sistine Chapel, had cloths painted over them under the commands of the Pope after Michelangelo's death.

I see nothing wrong with nudity, though most of us have been socially conditioned to find it distasteful or what not. Basically if a law passed tomorrow saying everyone can be naked anywhere they want I would not complain, though I wouldn't go around naked myself.

May 18 2011, 6:07 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #9

👻 👾 👽 💪

Censored statue (taken from the wikipedia article on fig leaf).. it is a thing.

I have absolutely no problem with nudity in art or even displays of public nudity ... I figure that is how we are born, that is how we exist .. so why should we reject that? (If God intended us to be clothed, we would be born wearing little shorts, a tiny little sweater, a small cap, and some slippers.) I might draw a line at overly sexual nudity .. but even then I personally wouldn't react much if I saw it in public (probably just a "lolwat").

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

May 20 2011, 5:34 pm payne Post #10

:payne:

I've always seen clothes as being utterly useless when it comes to summer: you see everyone sweating, and yet forcing themselves to wear clothing. Makes no sense to me.
However, as I was thinking total nudity shouldn't be that much of a big deal in societies, I think it could in our modern societies: sexual diseases would probably spread much faster... just think of public transport and the number of people who sit on those chairs.
Thus, I like to claim underwears have their reason of being.

None.

May 20 2011, 5:50 pm Sacrieur Post #11

Still Napping

Quote from payne
I've always seen clothes as being utterly useless when it comes to summer: you see everyone sweating, and yet forcing themselves to wear clothing. Makes no sense to me.
However, as I was thinking total nudity shouldn't be that much of a big deal in societies, I think it could in our modern societies: sexual diseases would probably spread much faster... just think of public transport and the number of people who sit on those chairs.
Thus, I like to claim underwears have their reason of being.

I like clothes. And more importantly, I don't like seeing other people's fat flaps.

None.

May 20 2011, 6:01 pm Vrael Post #12

I don't like seeing other people's fat flaps.
An increasingly important factor in the progression of clothes in American society.

Plus, what would women do if they didn't have clothes? Clothes are a very important part of any society.

None.

May 20 2011, 6:10 pm Tempz Post #13

Plus women who don't wear bras have like tube sock breasts 0_o

None.

May 20 2011, 6:11 pm payne Post #14

Quote from Vrael
An increasingly important factor in the progression of clothes in American society.

Plus, what would women do if they didn't have clothes? Clothes are a very important part of any society.
It's a false need created by modern society. If we were raised into the respect of others, and not giving a damn about obesity, this just wouldn't be a problem.
Initial clothing's goal is to protect our body from cold. If I remember well, some historians also claim that a secondary goal in primitive clans was to prevent men from seeing when a woman was excited (when we were on 4 'paws', apparently, women's ass was slightly tinted pink or red when they were excited).

And what's the point with women requiring clothes? I really don't understand why you've decided not to claim so for men. :/

Quote from Tempz
Rationally, how could this matter? I think it's an evolution advantage in fact: easier reach for babies. ;D

None.

May 20 2011, 6:15 pm Sacrieur Post #15

Still Napping

Quote from payne
Quote from Vrael

It's a false need created by modern society. If we were raised into the respect of others, and not giving a damn about obesity, this just wouldn't be a problem.
Initial clothing's goal is to protect our body from cold. If I remember well, some historians also claim that a secondary goal in primitive clans was to prevent men from seeing when a woman was excited (when we were on 4 'paws', apparently, women's ass was slightly tinted pink or red when they were excited).

And what's the point with women requiring clothes? I really don't understand why you've decided not to claim so for men. :/

Quote from Tempz
Rationally, how could this matter? I think it's an evolution advantage in fact: easier reach for babies. ;D

Well, if you're okay with walking barefoot through my vomit.

None.

May 20 2011, 6:22 pm Vrael Post #16

Men don't give a shit what they wear, unless they're gay. Women on the other hand... see my point now? They'd have no purpose in life anymore. They'd all sit in a corner and wallow away in sadness...

None.

May 20 2011, 6:28 pm payne Post #17

Quote from Sacrieur
Quote from payne
Quote from Vrael

Quote from Tempz

Well, if you're okay with walking barefoot through my vomit.
Shoes are useful clothing: protection is their goal.

None.

May 20 2011, 11:14 pm EzDay281 Post #18

Inappropriate in some cases, maybe.
Appropriate clothing is highly useful against excess heat. It provides shade, can promote proper air flow under the correct circumstances, and can provide greater surface area and thermal conductivity over bare skin against air with which to lose heat.

None.

May 20 2011, 11:34 pm Decency Post #19

True clothing would be something to slip on the bottoms of our feet and something so our junk doesn't flap in the wind. That's about it, as far as I'm concerned.

None.

May 21 2011, 2:06 am Centreri Post #20

Relatively ancient and inactive

The need to have something preventing your junk from flapping in the wind is is a false need created by a false society. Let it swing free, my brother!

None.

Options
  Back to forum