Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Nation States
Nation States
Mar 15 2011, 4:21 am
By: Fire_Kame
Pages: < 1 « 13 14 15 16 17 >

May 10 2011, 12:25 am Raitaki Post #281

So begins the leader's second day at work...He walks with great pride and joy to the desk in his office, sits down, and reads the first set of files concerning debates that need to be solved in his colony. What does he see?
"I quite enjoyed the book, until I got to the part where Harry summons evil demons to do his bidding," says religious leader Charles Jefferson. "Now that's just wrong. We need to restore some sense to this debate, by which I mean we should remove this book from the shelves, salt it thoroughly, and burn it."
Yes, this is referring to Harry Potter.

EDIT: Civil Rights: Average Economy: Very Strong Political Freedoms: Excellent
:3<

None.

May 11 2011, 2:52 pm Fire_Kame Post #282

wth is starcraft

Hate speech is a very serious crime, Most Glorious Leader. You can't just ignore it.

Nothing is better than being called Most Glorious Leader. 8[

May 11 2011, 10:19 pm Excalibur Post #283

The sword and the faith

4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Moral Rule, drug-related crimes carry the death penalty.

As it should be.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

May 12 2011, 1:16 pm Voyager7456 Post #284

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

6 hours ago: Voytopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken.

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

May 13 2011, 3:47 am FatalException Post #285

/jealous

None.

May 13 2011, 7:41 pm DevliN Post #286

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Just received this message:
The most esteemed Matriarchy of Lesbian Nationalists !

The Matriarchy of Nympholesbia would like to formally invite you to join the region “Faction of Enlightened Matriarchies.”

region=faction_of_enlightened_matriarchies

The Faction of Enlightened Matriarchies (FEM) is a loose alliance-region of many like-minded matriarchies and gynarchies. It has been founded on principles of radical Feminism in balanced harmony with developed social welfare and inspiring spirituality.

The alliance is open for like-minded sister nations, whether they are anarchist democracies or totalitarian dictatorships. Not all nations in the FEM alliance have to be formal matriarchies, but they should follow philosophy of feminine superiority, whether intellectual, psychological, physical, spiritual or sexual.

If you’d like to be a member of a region which proudly reflects feminist principles of your nation, where particular states aren’t interested in world domination and mostly care about themselves, albeit in a friendly and mutually respectful atmosphere, then the FEM region could be a territory you’re looking for. The FEM region has no appointed administrator and you don’t need any password to join it.

Sincerely yours,

Sister Daphne von Climacteria III.

Envoy of the Council of the External Affairs,
The Matriarchy of Nympholesbia
Faction of Enlightened Matriarchies

I could never leave Mooseville, though. My lesbian nationalists can only serve the mighty Moose.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

May 13 2011, 7:56 pm Vrael Post #287

of Nympholesbia
I think I'm considering moving.

Better yet though, why don't you invite the sex crazed lesbians to mooseville?

None.

May 13 2011, 11:09 pm Raitaki Post #288

Category: Capitalist Paradise
Civil Rights: Very Good
Economy: Thriving
Political Freedoms: Excellent
:3< Holy cockz the colony grows so godly with me in command :awesome:

None.

May 13 2011, 11:20 pm Jack Post #289

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from Voyager7456
6 hours ago: Voytopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
I was 23rd for that ;0 out of 23.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 14 2011, 12:29 am A_of-s_t Post #290

aka idmontie

I needed something to take up all this extra time I have, so I started a nation:

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=ivantopia

The Republic of Ivantopia is a fledgling, socially progressive nation, notable for its devotion to social welfare. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 5 million are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.

The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass -- is mainly concerned with Social Welfare, although Education and Healthcare are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 40%, but much higher for the wealthy. A large private sector is led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, followed by Gambling and Book Publishing.

Crime is well under control. Ivantopia's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Dango.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

May 14 2011, 1:10 am Raitaki Post #291

Might as well post my nation's summary:
The Republic of Superpositions is a tiny, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its burgeoning Dark Templar population. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 10 million are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.

The small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Commerce. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 15%. A small but healthy private sector is led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, followed by Trout Farming and Beef-Based Agriculture.

Superpositions's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, same-sex marriages are increasingly common, and college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys. Crime is a problem. Superpositions's national animal is the Dark Templar, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Psi.

None.

May 14 2011, 9:02 am FatalException Post #292

So what's a good course of action for the issue of limiting corporate donations to political parties? I like the way it apparently is, with corporate donations not allowed, but my economy kinda sucks... Also, my government is described as corrupt for some reason, but I have a feeling that if I tighten the laws, it'll break something important.

None.

May 16 2011, 5:53 am Fire_Kame Post #293

wth is starcraft

So I guess I'm locked out of NationStates >: It says my nation doesn't exist. It is called Sunson, right? o.O

May 16 2011, 6:12 am payne Post #294

:payne:

Quote from Fire_Kame
So I guess I'm locked out of NationStates >: It says my nation doesn't exist. It is called Sunson, right? o.O
I've hijacked your nation. >:D

None.

May 16 2011, 3:51 pm xAngelSpiritx Post #295

eternal lurker

Quote from Fire_Kame

SunsSon. Two "S" in the middle.

None.

May 17 2011, 4:04 am Fire_Kame Post #296

wth is starcraft

Quote from xAngelSpiritx
Quote from Fire_Kame

SunsSon. Two "S" in the middle.
Thanks man

May 18 2011, 1:20 am FatalException Post #297

Fataland's national animal is the Deerwhale, which is also the nation's favorite main course
DDDDDDD:

None.

May 18 2011, 6:11 pm Vrael Post #298

Top 5% of the region AND THE WORLD for largest Arms Manufacturing sector. W00T!

None.

May 18 2011, 11:30 pm Raitaki Post #299

In a bid to provide a new revenue stream for Superpositions's Beef-Based Agriculture industry, it has been suggested that Dark Templars could be added to the menu.
"The fact is, the Dark Templar population is out of control," says Beef-Based Agriculture spokesperson Larry Chicago. "We have to do something about them anyway, so why not market them as tasty snacks? We could have Dark Templar kebabs, Dark Templar pies, Dark Templar-on-a-sticks--the possibilities are endless! Let's not pass up this golden opportunity to provide a feast, if you will, for our economy."
"I agree that something needs to be done about Dark Templar over-population," says random passer-by Max Jones, "but eating them? That's kind of gross. Let's just shoot the ones we have to and shovel their bodies into ditches like normal."
"I am shocked and appalled!" declared SPCA President Tobias Silk. "If anyone needs to be culled, it's us humans. The Dark Templars were here first, remember? We need to take this as a sign to get our industry--agriculture in particular--to back off. The Dark Templar is part of what makes Superpositions a great nation!"
NO.

None.

May 19 2011, 8:14 am Wing Zero Post #300

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

I have resolved so many issues I'm getting the same ones over again, I just sent my would-be assassins yet another fruit basket :lol:

Options
Pages: < 1 « 13 14 15 16 17 >
  Back to forum