The theme for this mapping contest is HOLIDAYS. Despite being in December, this can pertain to any known holiday. You could design a map around a first-person snowball fight, an epic Easter egg hunt, or even a nice RPG about staying home on Yom Kippur. This does not force anyone to stick to a single genre, as long as the theme relates to holidays.
Does your map follow the theme? It is a pretty easy theme to follow so this should be a free 10 points. Any map getting zero in this category will not be judged any further. Seriously.
How well is the map made? Does it have glitches? Does it flow well? How does the terrain look? Is all the text spell checked? If there is a custom UI, does it look slick or is it disheveled?
Will I play this map again? Was it too buggy that I couldn’t play it at all? This will be a big factor in deciding the winner, especially with a theme like this.
Is this original? Am I going to wish I had come up with the idea, first? Did you take one of my ideas in the theme description?
Total: 50 points
- The map must be submitted by January 8th, at 11:59:59 PM Pacific time (PST). They can either be posted here, PMed to me, or hosted at the SEN Database.
- Any map size is allowed.
- The map must not have been started before the contest.
- You may submit as many copies of the map as you want. Only the last one received will be judged.
- No stolen maps.
- No editing someone else's map. The map must have been made by you, and you alone.
- Team projects must consist of two people maximum. Prizes will be split amongst both team members.
First Place: 200 minerals, 4 Contest Points
Second Place: 150 minerals, 3 Contest Points
Third Place: 100 minerals, 2 Contest Points