I
LOVE
MINECRAFT.

I only wish for a few things:
  • Gears
  • Motors
  • Solor Panel
  • Some sort of mobile block that you can build on

solar panels as an activation device is genius, excepts something like it has already been made
as for gears they were removed
gears could be combined to make motors
and mobile blocks are another mod i think...

Some how, I knew I'd get a response like that. Here's why I hate answers like that:

1. I know it's been made in a mod.
2. I paid for this shit, I shouldn't have to do extra work to add what I deem a crucial feature to the game.
3. I can't trust mods, since I can write any Java code I want and inject it into the game.
4. Gears should be brought back.
5. Mobile blocks weren't perfected yet last time I checked.

makes sense

None.

Mar 27 2011, 12:48 pm Zycorax Post #262

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

If there's one thing I'd like to see in MC, it's hatches to put on the floor.

Mar 27 2011, 3:23 pm Generalpie Post #263

Staredit Puckwork

Quote from Zycorax
If there's one thing I'd like to see in MC, it's hatches to put on the floor.
ofc it would like to be seen as part of the game, but its not built in...

None.

Mar 27 2011, 3:52 pm poison_us Post #264

Back* from the grave

Like a trapdoor? It can be done, in a fashion...

Mar 27 2011, 4:46 pm Generalpie Post #265

Staredit Puckwork

Quote from poison_us
like everything anyone wants, there is a mod calld the floodgate mod, it can be disguised as any block such as grass and when powered dissappears and lets objects fall through
but thats if you want to go through the trouble of getting it
Quote from Zycorax

Holy shit. I win.

I'm guessing most of you have a better connection than what my friend has, and his server is running fine with at least five people + animals and monsters.
its... beautiful :crybaby:
:(

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 27 2011, 5:25 pm by Generalpie.

None.

Mar 28 2011, 11:00 am OlimarandLouie Post #266

Quote from Generalpie
Quote from poison_us
like everything anyone wants, there is a mod calld the floodgate mod, it can be disguised as any block such as grass and when powered dissappears and lets objects fall through
but thats if you want to go through the trouble of getting it
Quote from Zycorax

Holy shit. I win.

I'm guessing most of you have a better connection than what my friend has, and his server is running fine with at least five people + animals and monsters.
its... beautiful :crybaby:
:(

None.

Mar 28 2011, 12:24 pm Zycorax Post #267

ehm, nevermind what I said about my friend's internet earlier:

In addition he's running dedicated server, so it runs smooooth.
I'll run a test when I go back home for the holiday in a couple of weeks, cause I think I've misunderstood something about the speed and stuff.

We also tried out an RPG/puzzle map this weekend. Can't remember what it was called, but it was pretty cool. After we finished it, we burned down this huge temple made of wool. Server didn't go quite as smooth then :P

Mar 28 2011, 1:41 pm NicholasBeige Post #268

Quote from Zycorax
...but it was pretty cool. After we finished it, we burned down this huge temple made of wool.

Damn vikings... :lol:

Things that I want to see in Minecraft are as follows:
1. Teleportation Blocks - Maybe if you craft 2 gold blocks and 2 obsidian blocks you get given 2 Portal stones. Placing 1 portal stone and then another will link them together allowing instantaneous travel between points. Standing on a portal block for 3 seconds will teleport you to it's corresponding block.

2. Trapdoors / Hatches - Basically a 1x1 door that is placed horizontally (perpendicular to the ground).

3. Bear traps (and bears) - Crafting 2 iron ingots and 2 string should give you a bear-trap block which will clamp shut around the ankles of any mob or player to step on it, holding them for 12 seconds and dealing 6 hearts of damage. Once a bear-trap has been used, the player must 'reset it' by right clicking on it for it to work again.

4. Plaster & Paint - Basically, a way to alter the appearance of any block. Combining water with a dye recipe and a bucket should result in bucket of 'color' paint. You can use this bucket 30 times before it runs out and it basically applies a color to one face of the block you target with it. The paint should be applied with a level opacity, so the block behind still shows through to a certain degree. Applying paint to an already painted block will remove all opacity and the block will become purely that color.

5. Paint Remover / Turpentine - A way of removing paint from blocks.

6. A way to combine signs (and thereby enlarge the font size used on their text). Maybe placing 2x4 or 4x8 signs should merge together and then be treated as one Sign object with large ass font.

7. A Ramp block. Basically like a stair but triangular (without the square stair shape thing)

8. Stairs and Slabs for all materials. Eg. Sandstone Stairs, Iron Stairs, Gold Stairs, Redstone Stairs, Lapiz Lazuli stairs, Obsidian stairs (and slabs).

9. A further gradation in equipment durability/efficiency. Wood > Stone > Iron > Gold > Diamond is a bit lame. There should be Wood > Stone > Copper > Bronze > Iron > Steel > Gold > Diamond > Adamantium...

10. More ore types. Tin & Copper smelted together results in Bronze. Iron and Coal smelted together results in Steel. Flint and Stone crafted together should result in an Improved Stone tool.

11. The ability to repair tools. Using a 'whetting stone' tool of one material level lower than the tool you currently want to repair. For example, Diamond can only be repaired using a Gold 'whetting stone'. Repairing an Iron pickaxe would require a Bronze 'whetting stone'. Whetting stones should be a single use object and they should repair the tool in question at a flat percentage rate. Using one level lower of a whetting stone should repair 80%. Two levels, should repair 50%, 3 levels should repair 10%. Anything less than 3 levels (eg. repairing Iron with Wood) should be impossible.

12. The ability to fortify blocks with Bronze, Iron, Steel, Diamond or Adamantium. You basically create a 'fortification' tool which can be used on 30 blocks. These blocks gain 50, 100, 150 or 200% their usual durability, immunity to shovels, pickaxes, hoes and axes. Therefore, the fortification must be destroyed using a Sword first, before the block can be mined. This will actually make it possible to build defensible locations out of anything other than Obsidian.

13. Notch should hire me.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 28 2011, 1:51 pm by Cardinal.

None.

Mar 28 2011, 4:05 pm Zycorax Post #269

Quote from name:Cardinal
Quote from Zycorax
...but it was pretty cool. After we finished it, we burned down this huge temple made of wool.
pfff... it's one of the English guys who's playing with us who's the pyromaniac. He's started several forest fires, as well as almost burned down our village twice.

Mar 28 2011, 5:04 pm payne Post #270

:payne:

Quote from Zycorax
Quote from name:Cardinal
Quote from Zycorax
pfff... it's one of the English guys who's playing with us who's the pyromaniac. He's started several forest fires, as well as almost burned down our village twice.
How do we get to burn trees? :O

None.

Mar 28 2011, 6:10 pm samsizzle Post #271

Quote from payne
Flint and Steel bro.

None.

Mar 28 2011, 7:54 pm A_of-s_t Post #272

aka idmontie

I hate installing mods... What exactly happens when I force update my game and there are invalid blocks on my map? I kind of forgot to do a back up...

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Mar 28 2011, 9:56 pm poison_us Post #273

Back* from the grave

Quote from samsizzle
Quote from payne
Flint and Steel bro.
/give <user> lava

Mar 28 2011, 11:35 pm Generalpie Post #274

Staredit Puckwork

Quote from poison_us
Quote from samsizzle
Quote from payne
Flint and Steel bro.
/give <user> lava
or /give fire :awesome:

None.

Mar 28 2011, 11:38 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #275

👻 👾 👽 💪

fire's more useful for making armor.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Mar 28 2011, 11:59 pm The Starport Post #276

Man I'm pretty tempted to make a Dwarf Fortress mod right now. It suddenly occurs to me this would be the perfect engine to do it with. :awesome:

Or maybe the Sauerbraten engine instead? :ermm:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 29 2011, 12:13 am by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Mar 29 2011, 12:34 am poison_us Post #277

Back* from the grave

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
fire's more useful for making armor.
/tries fire armor.

OH! I was wondering how you made chainmail. I always just used /give poison_us chainmail<piece> 1.

Mar 29 2011, 8:19 pm NicholasBeige Post #278

server failed to connect :( WHYY!?!

None.

Mar 29 2011, 8:41 pm poison_us Post #279

Back* from the grave

That's because it's currently not running on DM's computer.

EDIT: Just stumbled upon this...

It is so...beautiful.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 29 2011, 8:52 pm by poison_us.

Mar 29 2011, 10:48 pm Generalpie Post #280

Staredit Puckwork

Quote from rockz
Building a computer inside a computer game.

Anyone know anyone who talks like this and isn't a nerd? (Is rudy a nerd?)

Also, holy crap:
930643 registered users, of which 269504 (28.95%) have bought the game.
This game has made $3,646,659.97 revenue off a pre-beta game that in all honesty has terrible graphics in only 1 year.
lol dont you bother to read the front page of topics?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 12 13 14 15 1633 >
  Back to forum