Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: SEN Store and Other Needed Changes
SEN Store and Other Needed Changes
Aug 30 2010, 4:04 pm
By: Aristocrat
Pages: < 1 2 3 46 >

Polls
Which store system do you want?
Which store system do you want?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Fixed item prices 25

70%
Dynamic item prices (Current) 11

31%
Please login to vote.
Poll has 36 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Aug 31 2010, 1:48 am Aristocrat Post #21

Quote from NudeRaider
You are all arguing in circles. The main problem is that Devourer is not fixing anything at the moment. You can put up thousands of polls with awesome ideas or complaints, easy to implement or not - it will not get done for now.

Also fixing the store values to be in reasonable boundaries would be just as easy as making prices static so there's no argument either.
Same for "disable fun" for all of you who want instant sigs rather than earn it: It *should* have been implemented right when the minerals came back, but it wasn't and bitching about the "downgrade" won't help either because nothing is done atm. Neither adding "disable fun" nor removing the mineral system so you can stop right here, right now with your futile complaints.
This is not a thread of "WE DEMAND SHIT NOW". I'm sure you realize this as well. We are discussing what the store system should become, when someone gets around to messing with it. Even if something is wrong and nothing is being done at the moment, it will eventually be fixed at some point in the future when Devourer decides to help code for SEN again; there is no reason to delay raising the issue until someone is available to fix it.

None.

Aug 31 2010, 3:22 am NudeRaider Post #22

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

My main point was that much of the problems you see come from the incompleteness of the systems. I guess it got overshadowed by my frustration over the constant complaints. Just like I'm frustrated about incomplete systems being implemented in the first place. But still I think you should just sit back until everything works as planned. If you still don't like the end result you can still put forth your suggestions. But for now fighting and trying to put pressure on us via public votes is not helping anything and is just creating unnecessary meta-discussion since we will complete our plans regardless.

This is not a thread of "WE DEMAND SHIT NOW".
You have to forgive me, but to me it looked very much like it is exactly that. Maybe save the "now". But still I have never in my years at SEN seen that many complaints and feature requests like in the past months. One could get the impression the community isn't appreciating the hard work that is put into SEN. Or maybe we granted the community too much say so they now everyone thinks he can shape SEN to his ideas?

Aug 31 2010, 2:05 pm MadZombie Post #23

One could get the impression the community isn't appreciating the hard work that is put into SEN.
Of course we don't. Whenever something gets done we take it as the green light to go about and ask for more since it seems like someone is doing something. As if it was only a single person asking instead of half of SEN.

But still I have never in my years at SEN seen that many complaints and feature requests like in the past months.
Because we want old sen back and we don't care how we get it. We don't appreciate. (i don't :3)

But for now fighting and trying to put pressure on us via public votes is not helping anything and is just creating unnecessary meta-discussion since we will complete our plans regardless.
Yea. It's not efficient and probably annoying but I like to think thats how we got minerals back in the first place. Or at least sooner then what was intended. hue hue hue.

None.

Aug 31 2010, 2:21 pm Aristocrat Post #24

MZ, you're not helping. :P

Quote from NudeRaider
This is not a thread of "WE DEMAND SHIT NOW".
You have to forgive me, but to me it looked very much like it is exactly that. Maybe save the "now". But still I have never in my years at SEN seen that many complaints and feature requests like in the past months. One could get the impression the community isn't appreciating the hard work that is put into SEN. Or maybe we granted the community too much say so they now everyone thinks he can shape SEN to his ideas?

We appreciate the hard work that has been put into improving SEN. We make feature requests not because we want to burden the staff with more things, but because we want to save them time in the future by giving them a rough outline of what the community wants. These features of SEN exist to service the community, so to speak, and thus the feedback of the community should be a high priority.

As for how this will actually save time...

What will happen by doing what you said and shutting up until things are worked on:
  • System A is implemented. It is flawed.
  • The masses are dissatisfied with its aspects but do not say anything until the developer asks for something they want to change.
  • One change is made to system A, and system B is implemented. More issues are raised.
  • System C is implemented. Two issues remain, one is fixed.
  • System D is implemented. Final issue fixed.
  • System E is implemented.

By outlining the desirable system beforehand:
  • System A is implemented. It is flawed.
  • The masses are dissatisfied with its aspects, and outline what an ideal system would be by listing all the flaws of system A.
  • All needed changes are made in one batch.
  • System E is implemented.

None.

Aug 31 2010, 2:26 pm poison_us Post #25

Back* from the grave

Quote from name:Taylor Swift
SEN shouldn't need to strip features to make the store more useful, the more logical choice would be to add cooler features.
I feel as though this was getting pushed under the rug, and thus I feel the need to make it obvious. The point is, the reintroduction of minerals stripped everyone (mostly) of the basic features almost all forums have automatically...if it didn't do this, the store's shitty price system wouldn't be a large issue at all, if it even became one.

Quote from MadZombie
But still I have never in my years at SEN seen that many complaints and feature requests like in the past months.
Because we want old sen back and we don't care how we get it. We don't appreciate. (i don't :3)
Or maybe it's the fact that this is one of the most needless and mundane problems that SEN has created? Or maybe it's affected the most people? Or maybe more members actually care?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 31 2010, 2:33 pm by Nasus.

Aug 31 2010, 6:45 pm DavidJCobb Post #26

Quote from name:Nasus
Quote from name:Taylor Swift
SEN shouldn't need to strip features to make the store more useful, the more logical choice would be to add cooler features.
I feel as though this was getting pushed under the rug, and thus I feel the need to make it obvious. The point is, the reintroduction of minerals stripped everyone (mostly) of the basic features almost all forums have automatically...if it didn't do this, the store's shitty price system wouldn't be a large issue at all, if it even became one.
That. As it stands, our forum has considerably fewer features than most other forums because features that are standard on virtually every forum on the Internet require insane amounts of time and effort to activate here. Give people the basics, and just come up with awesome add-ons.

It's a bit like progressive enhancement. Web designers can add extra features (e.x. rounded corners) for better browsers, so long as the basic functionality remains the same in all browsers. SEN can give extra features (store items) to richer users, so long as everyone at least gets the same basic functionality (fundamental/standard forum features).

None.

Aug 31 2010, 7:52 pm poison_us Post #27

Back* from the grave

Quote from DavidJCobb
It's a bit like progressive enhancement. Web designers can add extra features (e.x. rounded corners) for better browsers, so long as the basic functionality remains the same in all browsers. SEN can give extra features (store items) to richer users, so long as everyone at least gets the same basic functionality (fundamental/standard forum features).
So we have regressive enhancement...great. At this point, it seems more like no staffer wants to talk about the elephant in the room...we are moving backwards, with requiring more and more to get what nearly every forum has given, and the only means to acquire said basics is through an economy that is both mathematically and theoretically flawed.

Aug 31 2010, 8:48 pm Vrael Post #28

What the hell... SEN is a joke anyway guys. Always has been, always will be.

http://www.staredit.net/145792/

None.

Sep 2 2010, 4:17 pm Devourer Post #29

Hello

rough outline of what the community wants

In fact, nude is right. I did not know how I actually should respond to this, however, if I would be doing "what the community wants" I would never finish anything. Less than now, by far.
Do not expect me to do anything relating this for now.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Sep 4 2010, 5:18 pm Aristocrat Post #30

Quote from DevliN
As far as I know, the Signature Enabler is actually closer to 175. The problem is that Devourer changed the price after the existing 3 went "on sale" in the store, so their value is still much higher. Once those 3 are gone and the next batch of Signature Enablers goes up, they'll be closer to the price listed in the compendium.

The shop restocked.

The prices are now 360.

:facepalm:

None.

Sep 4 2010, 5:43 pm DevliN Post #31

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Yeah, then I have no idea what Devourer was talking about... :><:

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 10 2010, 12:52 pm MadZombie Post #32

Being able to give items to people would be pretty cool. Also alloying ";" to be used as a character when name changing since ":" is allowed. I wasn't sure if clicking the srs looking "You are NOW going to use your last name change if you click this button" making it so that if I left the page I'd lose it forever. I really wanted ";_;".

Anyways but yea, not sure if it's economically breaking or wut but I have a couple of items I'm never going to use that I wouldn't mind selling to the store or people for some spare minerals to play the lotto.

None.

Sep 10 2010, 12:56 pm Aristocrat Post #33

Multiples of items were almost always purchased with a glitch; I believe item selling is disabled to prevent people from selling the items they bought for -1 minerals for a large quantity.

";" is used as a delimiter, so allowing it to be used might break SEN if the input isn't sanitized.

None.

Sep 10 2010, 2:41 pm rockz Post #34

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Everything needed to be reset with the mineral reset, including bought items and name colors. I don't understand why that didn't happen, especially considering the only people who have anything now are those who abused a bug in the previous system (including myself--my title is from a -1 buy). Also, did you buy that signature Aristocrat? It's not showing up in the store logs...

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Sep 10 2010, 3:02 pm MadZombie Post #35

When signatures were 'removed' and my signature was taken away I just went to the signature tab in the settings and the bbc code was still their but nothing was shown so I just hit submit again and my Signature came back without me having to purchase one or use one of my signature enablers. Glitch?

None.

Sep 10 2010, 3:05 pm Aristocrat Post #36

Quote from rockz
Also, did you buy that signature Aristocrat? It's not showing up in the store logs...

Yes, I purchased it for the net total of around 360 minerals. The store logs are most likely glitched.

MZ, you probably owned a signature enabler before the reset, which remained active, so all you had to do to "refresh" your signature is to go to the tab.

None.

Sep 10 2010, 3:28 pm NudeRaider Post #37

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Yeah MZ, this was announced when it came into effect.

Sep 27 2010, 9:15 pm DevliN Post #38

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Sooooooo I've figured out how to edit the store's prices and whatnot, so now the Signature Enabler and Title Enabler are going to be much closer to the average. The more I look at the store, the more I like the idea of fixed prices, too. Since it isn't based on supply and demand (to an extent), the idea of items showing up with randomly inflated prices seems ridiculous.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 27 2010, 9:36 pm LoTu)S Post #39

The prices before were probably always doubled their value. Having the price within 15-25% of the price range seems pretty fair to me.

THERE COULDNT BE SUPPLY AND DEMAND IF NO ONE BOUGHT ANYTHING. YET THE PRICES WERE STILL INFLATED! :hurr:

None.

Sep 27 2010, 11:42 pm payne Post #40

:payne:

Quote from LoTu)S
THERE COULDNT BE SUPPLY AND DEMAND IF NO ONE BOUGHT ANYTHING. YET THE PRICES WERE STILL INFLATED! :hurr:
SEN's economic system is quite a mind-fuck y'know?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 46 >
  Back to forum