Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: So, what do you want to do with your life?
So, what do you want to do with your life?
Aug 12 2010, 8:25 pm
By: Fire_Kame
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Aug 13 2010, 12:38 pm Devourer Post #21

Hello

Quote from MasterJohnny
I wish I was a math professor/chef/linguist.
Why do you wish it? Become one, or at least try it. Trying and failing will blast away that wish anyways, no? :P

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 13 2010, 1:09 pm MadZombie Post #22

Because you don't really get second chances. The field might not be good n such.

None.

Aug 13 2010, 4:16 pm payne Post #23

:payne:

Quote from MasterJohnny
I wish I was a math professor/chef/linguist.
There has a been a survey in the USA about the happiness at work. Result: University Math Professors are the happiest at work!
Why? Because they love what they do, can work on student's work anywhere they want (on the top of Mt. Everest?) and have a lot of vacations.

None.

Aug 13 2010, 4:18 pm The Starport Post #24

They can't be as happy as conductors, though. :hurr:

None.

Aug 13 2010, 4:50 pm MadZombie Post #25

Actually instead,

I'm going to go buy an oversized guitar, gain 40 lbs., and be the next D.

None.

Aug 14 2010, 6:23 am RIVE Post #26

Just Here For The Pie

Bleakly, the only thing I have planned between now and the end of my life is death.

Other than that, I got nothing.

None.

Aug 14 2010, 6:34 am The Starport Post #27

Quote from RIVE
Bleakly, the only thing I have planned between now and the end of my life is death.

Other than that, I got nothing.
Go get drunk instead and join Merrel.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 14 2010, 8:49 am by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Aug 14 2010, 1:13 pm OlimarandLouie Post #28

President of Mars.

If that doesn't work out I'll settle with being a busboy at Mickey D's.

None.

Aug 14 2010, 1:54 pm JaFF Post #29

Here's my master-plan:

Get a BSc with a year in industry (my Pfizer placement begins son! :D ).
If needed/possible (by possible I mean if Pfizer or someone else will pay for it), get a MSc.
Work in a world-wide recognized company in the field of applied mathematics for 3-5 years, get an excellent job reference.
Find a job through the internet (programming/math tutoring/whatever) and travel anywhere where there is an internet connection (latin america, africa and asia are a must!).

None.

Aug 14 2010, 2:40 pm Fire_Kame Post #30

wth is starcraft

Quote from name:Tuxedo-Templar
They can't be as happy as conductors, though. :hurr:

The best seats in the house at the symphony is behind the orchestra, so that you can watch the conductor. I think I'd agree with that...

Aug 16 2010, 9:44 am MillenniumArmy Post #31

What do I want to do with my life?

Perhaps become a professor. Or go into research.
And have a good family.

And pwn noobs

None.

Aug 17 2010, 5:31 am Rantent Post #32

so you'd insult your students as a professor?

I think I want to become a conductor too, now that Tux has shown me how happy they are.
a train conductor.

None.

Aug 17 2010, 11:26 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #33

👻 👾 👽 💪

I wanna rock! (Yeah!)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 17 2010, 12:16 pm by FaRTy1billion.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Aug 17 2010, 11:52 am CecilSunkure Post #34

My parents decided to not cosign my loans one month before college starts this year. As such, I moved out on my own and am working on building credit in order to take out my own private loans. I study art in my spare time, and do freelance work in my spare time whenever I can get it.

Once the whole loan situation is taken care of, I'll attend DigiPen Institute of Technology for a Bachelor's of Computer Science in Real Time Interactive Simulation (Game Programming). I am considering the following minors: Math, Physics, and Game Design.

After that, I will be able to easily find a job at just about any game studio or game development company I want. I would highly prefer to work in a company Valve or ArenaNet.

After about 3-10 years of working in the game development industry I believe I'd like to: A) return to DigiPen to teach computer science as a professor; B) start my own independent game studio with my professional contacts and friends.

After this, who knows.

The blue text is where I currently am in this scenario.

None.

Aug 17 2010, 12:54 pm Excalibur Post #35

The sword and the faith

Quote from CecilSunkure
My parents decided to not cosign my loans one month before college starts this year. As such, I moved out on my own and am working on building credit in order to take out my own private loans. I study art in my spare time, and do freelance work in my spare time whenever I can get it.
Wow Cecil, how'd that happen? :omfg:

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Aug 17 2010, 12:59 pm Aristocrat Post #36

I wish this thread inspired more "wow, what have I been doing with my life?!" moments in people.

But as for me, my ambition is really to only leave my name in history, preferably as someone who made an influential scientific advance. If I can't do that, at least I'll die having worked on what I loved for my whole life.

None.

Aug 17 2010, 1:46 pm Ahli Post #37

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

1. get a decent job after finishing university
2. found a family
3. becoming old
4. die (yes, I want to die someday)

Aug 17 2010, 3:33 pm Riney Post #38

Thigh high affectionado

I wanna be, the very best,
Like no one ever was.
To make maps is my real test,
To play them is mah cauuuuse.
I will travel across the net,
Searching far and wide,
Long ass nights to understand SC2 complicated as fuck map editor,
The power thats inside.

Seriously though. I want to make one good map before I have to grow up.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Aug 17 2010, 5:25 pm Fire_Kame Post #39

wth is starcraft

Quote from CecilSunkure

Credit aside, you'll probably need a cosigner until you're 21 (if I remember right). Also, make sure that you're parents are no longer claiming you as a dependent on their taxes, because you might qualify for different assistance through FAFSA. Other than that...that sucks, I'm sorry to hear it :( You know, you might be able to get other people to cosign, other family and such. Anyone with half decent credit.

Aug 19 2010, 5:39 am Centreri Post #40

Relatively ancient and inactive

... Hah, my education is free. First part of it.

Well, after I finish with it, go and be a mechanical engineer in an as-of-yet-undecided field. And... I don't really know. I suppose it would be nice to start a business, but I don't know yet. Or maybe manage some project at a large firm like Siemens. Have a nice, large family. The kids better do well in school or they SHALL BE PUNISHED. Oh, and I'd like to find a way to live in a small city but get paid big-city wages. NYC is smelly, dirty, hot (in the summer), etc etc etc. And we passed through a very nice-looking city called Flagstaff in Arizona while on vacation - has all the necessities, nice suburbia, and ACTUAL NATURE instead of NJ pretend-nature.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 19 2010, 5:45 am by Centreri.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum