Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: What the heck is this? (SEN's logo changed?)
What the heck is this? (SEN's logo changed?)
Jun 4 2010, 4:01 pm
By: Jesusfreak
Pages: < 1 2 3

Jun 8 2010, 7:23 pm Norm Post #41

I like firefox the best.

None.

Jun 8 2010, 8:20 pm EzDay281 Post #42

Why would you keep a browser open for days?
Because I have no reason not to (aside from the RAM thing). Most of what I do at my computer is online.
If you turn off the PC, just close every user program.
Er... what? Turning off the PC itself sort of implies... everything being closed.
1GB is easily 25% of your memory on an above average PC
Mine's old, so 50% for me.
I suggest closing the program once in a while.
I do. When it gets to ~1GB memory consumption. :P More often than that, actually, but it happens often enough to be notable. Highest it's reached is around 1.2GB.

None.

Jun 9 2010, 12:58 am Syphon Post #43

Quote from fat_flying_pigs
Check this out: http://internet-browser-review.toptenreviews.com/
IE: Suck ass. Also has many security leeks (or have they fixed those..?)javascript:enlarge('xtext',%20125);
Firefox: Most addons, easiest to customize, better than IE, but usually a bit slower. As time passes by, firefox will slow down even more. Every 1/2 year, firefox should be uninstalled then reinstalled.
Chrome: Faster than firefox and IE ONLY if you have multiple cores. Chrome runs faster because it uses multiple processes. Less customization than firefox.
Opera: Fastest of all, kind of unstable, don't really use it.
Safari: Fuckin' gay interface. I, personally, absolutely hate it. Slower than firefox, and lacks a lot of features.

How to get any web browser --> how to answer 99% of your questions:
GOOGLE IT

Example: "How to get firefox" --or--> "get firefox"

Opera isn't even close to as fast as Chrome.

None.

Jun 9 2010, 2:58 am poison_us Post #44

Back* from the grave

At first I thought it was Firefox, and I was like "alright, that's decent :)". Then I saw IE's icon, and I was like :flamer:

Anyways, I can't remember the last time I had my computer shut down. My RAM is enough that I pretty much never close tabs or programs until I go to bed, either. I have Sims 2 in the background, as well as SCMDraft and LoL...I even forgot I had LoL up, too :ermm:

EDIT: Chrome.

Jun 12 2010, 8:28 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #45

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from BeeR_KeG
Why would you keep a browser open for days? If you turn off the PC, just close every user program. If Firefox is using up 1GB RAM, I don't really know if there's anything good about that. 1GB is easily 25% of your memory on an above average PC, a browser isn't really supposed to go over 256MB RAM. Unless you're doing something which has to be kept running, like a very long download or something, I suggest closing the program once in a while.
Not all of us turn off our PCs every day (me, I hibernate it with everything still loaded. ... Including my web browser and all of the tabs I have open.). If IfreFox is using up 1GB of RAM, it's not right for you. 1GB is 100% of my RAM.
<3 Chrome.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jun 13 2010, 4:00 am Apos Post #46

I order you to forgive yourself!

Chrome all the way! And you can even get it to work in 3D! Google chrome 3D!

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum