Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: What the heck is this? (SEN's logo changed?)
What the heck is this? (SEN's logo changed?)
Jun 4 2010, 4:01 pm
By: Jesusfreak
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Jun 8 2010, 1:42 am Centreri Post #21

Relatively ancient and inactive

Jesus, just pick one and try it out. It's not that hard. You're not doing surgery, you're installing a browser. If you don't like it, you can uninstall it, it'll take ten seconds.

Ah, yes, Vrael. Liking superior products is fanboyism.

It's not. Mocking people for using Internet Explorer is retarded elitism, but you'll need more information to determine fanboyism.

None.

Jun 8 2010, 1:49 am DevliN Post #22

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I use Chrome for just about everything, myself.

Aaaaaand moving this to Null. now. :P

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Jun 8 2010, 2:11 am Jesusfreak Post #23

Ok, thanks Devlin.

From what I've heard so far, Opera sounds the best. I'ma try it out tommorow morning.

None.

Jun 8 2010, 3:34 am BeeR_KeG Post #24

You all think that it's a IE based bug that usually happens, but you are all wrong.

As seen in this stock price chart and volume of sales chart, BP Global stock prices have gone down about 37% since the Gulf of Mexico incident and the amount of sales have gone up over 50%. Anybody with any knowledge of stock knows that there is big money involved here, millions of dollars and possibly billions of dollars. Since stock prices are expected to go down, and BP Global's production didn't really take any kind of major hit, stock is going down only because of the bad image the media is giving BP Global. In about 2-3 years, at the most, we could easily see stock prices go over the 50-55 range.

SEN just bought a whole bunch of stock to make money of of profits in the mid-future, which in perspective, makes SEN and BP Global in the very least two entities which are involved in a partnership.

If you actually believed any of this, please don't go and buy some stock.

None.

Jun 8 2010, 7:12 am Syphon Post #25

Firefox is extensible. Chrome is fast.

You're using IE, so just get Chrome.

None.

Jun 8 2010, 7:36 am NudeRaider Post #26

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Actually, after looking at Jesusfreak's responses it's my belief that it's best for him to continue using IE.

Jun 8 2010, 7:49 am fat_flying_pigs Post #27

Check this out: http://internet-browser-review.toptenreviews.com/
IE: Suck ass. Also has many security leeks (or have they fixed those..?)
Firefox: Most addons, easiest to customize, better than IE, but usually a bit slower. As time passes by, firefox will slow down even more. Every 1/2 year, firefox should be uninstalled then reinstalled.
Chrome: Faster than firefox and IE ONLY if you have multiple cores. Chrome runs faster because it uses multiple processes. Less customization than firefox.
Opera: Fastest of all, kind of unstable, don't really use it.
Safari: Fuckin' gay interface. I, personally, absolutely hate it. Slower than firefox, and lacks a lot of features.

How to get any web browser --> how to answer 99% of your questions:
GOOGLE IT

Example: "How to get firefox" --or--> "get firefox"

None.

Jun 8 2010, 9:51 am Ahli Post #28

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Opera is rarely unstable. Opera has problems with flash programs (it has lags). But it's faster than Firefox in my personal feeling (ever clicked the back button on SEN with Firefox? That takes so much time because Firefox reloads the whole page... Opera just gets the old page out of his cache).
Opera has some neat functions I like to use that Firefox hasn't like mail/feed support directly in the browser or the possibility to duplicate a tab (I find this very useful, if I have to do some researches).

I've never tried chrome, maybe I should try it out.

Jun 8 2010, 2:59 pm Aristocrat Post #29

Firefox has that famous memory leak where eventually it takes up 800MB of RAM when you have only a single tab open, simply because you browsed too much. But really, the same problem exists for other browsers, and are probably way worse. As in, WAY worse. Unused Chrome tabs stop responding entirely after a while and take at least half a minute to recover, and its memory usage reaches atrocious levels; it also has terrible Java applet support (just calling repaint() takes about 50 times longer than IE does. Not exaggerating.) Opera crashes every 30 minutes or so, and Safari has the habit of never rendering shit correctly as well as having almost no features.

NOTE: Chrome may become better than firefox in the future, after perhaps a complete overhaul and the widespread usage of hyperthreaded 8-core processors. Before that, use FF.

None.

Jun 8 2010, 3:10 pm Devourer Post #30

Hello

Quote from fat_flying_pigs
Firefox: Most addons, easiest to customize, better than IE, but usually a bit slower. As time passes by, firefox will slow down even more. Every 1/2 year, firefox should be uninstalled then reinstalled.
I cannot say that this is right. Had FF for years and it did not slow down, might be as I'm clearing the cache not that rarely (once/month in average)
Oh and IE is much much more buggy than FF (and FF is not really buggy) (in terms of html / css stuff)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 8 2010, 3:18 pm by Devourer.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jun 8 2010, 3:16 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #31

Just here for the activity... well not really

If you're really sick of browser fanboyism, you should try Lynx
:bleh:

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Jun 8 2010, 3:24 pm EzDay281 Post #32

I cannot say that this is right. Had FF for years and it did not slow down, might be as I'm clearing the cache not that rarely (once/month in average)
Might, at a guess, be related to your add-on settings. My Firefox has slowed noticeably in the past while (though it's taken a couple years, not half of one), and I've had it set to simply not store anything other than cookies (no history, no cache, etc.)
However, I do have tons of add-ons.
But really, the same problem exists for other browsers, and are probably way worse.
I tend to keep browsers open for days at a time; Firefox I regularly have to close for hitting 1GB ram consumption (at which point it frequently crashes and/or freaks out when I try to close it). I've never seen Chrome go higher than half a gig, and I've never had to restart it for memory reasons.
I can't say for any other browsers, however.

None.

Jun 8 2010, 3:51 pm Fire_Kame Post #33

wth is starcraft

HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHA

HA

HA

You're a moron. You win one internets. Hope it helps.

Jun 8 2010, 3:55 pm Aristocrat Post #34

Quote from EzDay281
Might, at a guess, be related to your add-on settings. My Firefox has slowed noticeably in the past while (though it's taken a couple years, not half of one), and I've had it set to simply not store anything other than cookies (no history, no cache, etc.)
But really, the same problem exists for other browsers, and are probably way worse.
I tend to keep browsers open for days at a time; Firefox I regularly have to close for hitting 1GB ram consumption (at which point it frequently crashes and/or freaks out when I try to close it). I've never seen Chrome go higher than half a gig, and I've never had to restart it for memory reasons.

FF has a memory leak, Chrome has overzealous tab caching, and other browsers are either nonfunctional or slow/buggy as shit.

None.

Jun 8 2010, 4:00 pm Fire_Kame Post #35

wth is starcraft

OMG BeeR - Did SEN buy out BP? :O Just think of the publicity once that leaks.

Jun 8 2010, 4:01 pm Jesusfreak Post #36

Ok, I got Opera now, I can already see it's advantages over IE. On another forum, I always got auto-logged-out if I went to certain pages or made a post, it appears that that no longer happens :). I'm also noticing a spellchecker as I type this post... (is SEN doing that, or is that Opera?)

None.

Jun 8 2010, 4:03 pm Generalpie Post #37

Staredit Puckwork

Quote from Ahli
Opera has some neat functions I like to use that Firefox hasn't like mail/feed support directly in the browser or the possibility to duplicate a tab (I find this very useful, if I have to do some researches).

The only time i use Opera is on my DSi when my laptop is not around... I can't say that you can Duplicate a tab, but i just right-click the homepage and click "open in new tab".

None.

Jun 8 2010, 4:03 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #38

Just here for the activity... well not really

Quote from Jesusfreak
Ok, I got Opera now, I can already see it's advantages over IE. On another forum, I always got auto-logged-out if I went to certain pages or made a post, it appears that that no longer happens :). I'm also noticing a spellchecker as I type this post... (is SEN doing that, or is that Opera?)
every browsers save for IE and maybe Safari has spellcheck

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Jun 8 2010, 4:15 pm BeeR_KeG Post #39

Quote from EzDay281

Why would you keep a browser open for days? If you turn off the PC, just close every user program. If Firefox is using up 1GB RAM, I don't really know if there's anything good about that. 1GB is easily 25% of your memory on an above average PC, a browser isn't really supposed to go over 256MB RAM. Unless you're doing something which has to be kept running, like a very long download or something, I suggest closing the program once in a while.

Quote from Fire_Kame

Oh yeah! Change the BP logo to that of SEN and make a massive advertising campaign. Start a gradual change from petrol based business towards towards clean electric generation and we'd be filthy rich.

None.

Jun 8 2010, 4:39 pm Fire_Kame Post #40

wth is starcraft

Quote from Fire_Kame

Oh yeah! Change the BP logo to that of SEN and make a massive advertising campaign. Start a gradual change from petrol based business towards towards clean electric generation and we'd be filthy rich.[/quote]

Brilliant and not entirely unheard of. Its funny. Sometimes declaring bankruptcy actually improves your credit score. Maybe that'll happen to SEN by buying out BP. Way to go, IP!

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum