Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: One Big Zombie Rampage
One Big Zombie Rampage
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Dec 19 2009, 11:11 pm
By: USS Cane
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Dec 22 2009, 12:19 am Magicide Post #21

Sleeping wolves wake hungry.

I <3 the dual weapons, however yeah, it's pretty messy.

Dec 22 2009, 1:52 am Jack Post #22

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Can someone explain the messiness? Do you mean the text formatting isn't great, and the pings don't disappear after completion of a mission?

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Dec 22 2009, 2:50 am USS Cane Post #23

Messy is just how i wanted this map to be.
Il be fixing Mision 4 today since it dosnt work.
And im happy to inform OBZR got 5 place out of 11 thousand maps on nibbits o.o (atleast for now) but it has. YEAAAAAAAAAAAY xD

None.

Dec 22 2009, 2:52 am MEMEME670 Post #24

Quote from USS Cane
I believe there is 2 types of map makers in this world... Those who create maps in 1 day making it a world wide hit with simplicity, like impossibles or golems, and those who really take time to create something perfect, something you may call a game not a map...

Ever since i started map making which was few good years ago, iv always tryd to be one of those mentioned second...

Not to be hatin, but i dont believe that this is possible with the SC editor. Try modding.

I might actually try this out though, it sounds playable.

None.

Dec 22 2009, 3:17 am USS Cane Post #25

Mission 4 is fixed it was a small mistake in triggs. : D, posting ver 2.1 soon.

None.

Dec 22 2009, 3:35 am Magicide Post #26

Messy as in your movement is choppy and the abilities menu isn't very aesthetically pleasing (Albeit rather ingenious, i like it a lot. It reminds me somewhat of Kaias' menu system in Mako), your abilities are hard to select through all the stacked units, as well as your character, and the fact you can see the stacked units takes away from the aesthetics.

Putting that aside, the map can get exceedingly fun. I rather enjoyed plowing through endless hordes of units with a two weapon system. You've done well with most of the functionality, just not with the looks.

Dec 22 2009, 4:19 am USS Cane Post #27

ah i see what you guys mean now but thats just the magic of this map, 1 day i was thinking on cloacking ur weapon but that would take away the feel of uberness of your character... Anyway Mission 4 still has some problems, fixing and testing it now, il give you new, working ver soon, HF

None.

Dec 22 2009, 5:11 am Magicide Post #28

To be honest, something that draws attention away from gameplay isn't really "magic."

But it's your map.

Dec 22 2009, 6:14 am USS Cane Post #29

yeeaaaaaa anyway
Just won Light Mode, all missions work, this should be the final ver (1 post DL updated) GL HF

None.

Dec 22 2009, 1:37 pm hdogg86 Post #30

umm, player 1 cant get the academy to work, besides that i have no more bugs to report so far

None.

Dec 22 2009, 6:37 pm Voyager7456 Post #31

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

I'm not normally interested in... well... maps. :P

But this one was pretty cool.

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Dec 23 2009, 1:02 am USS Cane Post #32

Yeah 2 known bugs are both for P1: Chainsaw dosnt work for him i really dont know why since everything was virtualy same as for other players but it still dosnt work, same for academy, idk why so i cant fix it, i lookd at it few times cant find the reason it dosnt work the triggers are there o_o, but thanks anyway. Did anyone finish light mode yet? XD

None.

Dec 26 2009, 9:36 pm USS Cane Post #33

Happy to say OBZR reached #1 on nibbits.com xD, good to get some achivement for much of hard work
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5813/number1b.png

None.

Dec 29 2009, 6:18 am samsizzle Post #34

PayPal Donations to: igrzysk@gmail.com
LOL WHAT!

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 29 2009, 6:27 am by samsizzle.

None.

Dec 29 2009, 7:04 am lil-Inferno Post #35

Just here for the pie

Quote from USS Cane
Happy to say OBZR reached #1 on nibbits.com xD, good to get some achivement for much of hard work
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5813/number1b.png
Now it's number 25. Too bad, so sad.

Do you think you'll ever clean up the map? For example, areas that you've completed for missions still get pinged, there are a lot of spelling errors... the list goes on.

EDIT: I was looking at another version of it.

Dec 29 2009, 8:18 am USS Cane Post #36

Lol flustarted much : x or jealus? Anyway i wont be touching the map again, its fully released. And yes, it is nr 1 : o + now its #1 in Dls per day + its featured : OO hatred wont do.

Edit: The world isnt there to get you man, u can relax and stop atacking things just to look cool in eyes of others lol.. When you grow up ul understand. Typical psychology of wanting to look stronger "wah many ppl like this map ima go be a rebel and say its bad so ppl look up to me" kinda weak : x

To samsizle: LOL THAT, if u dont want to donate, ignore it, im just the first mapper to use his brain and maybe make money on his months of hard work.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Dec 29 2009, 8:38 am by USS Cane.

None.

Dec 29 2009, 9:16 am lil-Inferno Post #37

Just here for the pie

I'm not trying to attack you, I was just suggesting that you make it look more professional. There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism, but it seems like you're the kind of person that doesn't take it the right way.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 29 2009, 9:21 am by lil-Inferno.

Dec 29 2009, 9:22 am USS Cane Post #38

Yes but gameplay is the most important AND ppl posting are always fast to point bad things but never the good ones. And your right i dont take criticizm the right way becouse im tired of consuments always complaining and never flatering, that happens 90% of the time.

None.

Dec 29 2009, 9:41 am lil-Inferno Post #39

Just here for the pie

So you just want us to tell you what we thought was nice but not point out what we thought was bad? The only way you'll make a better map is if someone points out the wrongs, not just the rights. You don't have to take my advice; it's your map.

Dec 29 2009, 10:34 am USS Cane Post #40

Well if ur intentions were not to atack im sorry. But its just i dont need to be teached to make better maps later since this is probably my last map. And congrats on 3 place : p

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum