Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Hey SEN. How fast can you type?
Hey SEN. How fast can you type?
Oct 30 2009, 7:59 pm
By: Fire_Kame
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Oct 31 2009, 12:20 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #21

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from l)ark_ssj9kevin
~65-75 because I use Search and Peck, or really, just Peck because I don't really search.
Me too. :P If I tried home row I'd get like 20 wpm. Also about 70+% of my typing is with my left hand.

Also I forgot to mention the 100% accuracy. xD

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Oct 31 2009, 1:11 am Urahara Post #22

I don't use home row either
I can't even type in home row

None.

Oct 31 2009, 1:14 am EzDay281 Post #23

Also I forgot to mention the 100% accuracy. xD
100% should be assumed unless otherwise specified. >.>

None.

Oct 31 2009, 1:24 am Vrael Post #24

Quote from Corbo
Quote from Vrael
My fingers can actually move at .9935*C, acceleration to .9935C in 2.1ms, and average distance between finger and a key is .03m, so

.03 = .5(.9935*2.99*10^9/(2.1*10^-3))(t^2)
t= 2.06*10^-7s

say average 5 letters/word
2.06*10^-7(s/letter)*(5letter/word) = 1.03*10^-6(s/word)
= 971100 word/s
= 58266040 word/min

Yeah, I'm just that fast.
Oops, forgot to take into account relativistic speeds.

bet you took 5 minutes on that post :P
O shit you caught me :D

None.

Oct 31 2009, 1:38 am Falkoner Post #25

Well, I finished the entire story before the 3 minutes was up, so I couldn't get my proper score :-(

Honestly, I don't believe half of these scores(the non-obviously fake ones), real scores plz.

None.

Oct 31 2009, 1:51 am EzDay281 Post #26

Well, I finished the entire story before the 3 minutes was up, so I couldn't get my proper score :-(
... The story loops. Elsewise anyone who had, I'm estimating, about 90 wpm or higher wouldn't be able to get their score.
Honestly, I don't believe half of these scores(the non-obviously fake ones), real scores plz.
... what.

I'm missing a joke here, right?

None.

Oct 31 2009, 1:54 am Falkoner Post #27

Well, seeing as the fastest typist in the world can only do 170, and no one here is like a typist for a living, somehow I'm doubting any of the ones above 110 are real.

None.

Oct 31 2009, 2:25 am BeDazed Post #28

Ninety-three APM. I had to go back a few times because the story worded it in ways I wouldn't, though :P .
lol.

None.

Oct 31 2009, 2:54 am Centreri Post #29

Relatively ancient and inactive

I thought I edited that out. My APM's actually like 55.

None.

Oct 31 2009, 3:09 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #30

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Falkoner
Well, seeing as the fastest typist in the world can only do 170, and no one here is like a typist for a living, somehow I'm doubting any of the ones above 110 are real.
The fastest speed is by Mrs. Barbara Blackburn of Salem, Oregon. She can maintain 150 wpm for 50 min (37,500 key strokes) and attains a speed of 170 wpm using the Dvorak Simplified Keyboard (DSK) system. Her top speed was recorded at 212 wpm.
3 minutes vs. 50 minutes makes a huge difference. My typing speeds depends on a lot of factors... Am I copying something? If yes, how complicated is it? If no, how much thinking am I doing beforehand? My 160 wpm was done just copying the same sentence over and over in a typing race. If I mindlessly type then I can also go that high.

EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Oct 31 2009, 3:44 am Dapperdan Post #31

I got 100 with 2 mistakes. I MUCH prefer: this typing speed site compared to the one Kame posted. It is infinitely more awesome. Try it out.

None.

Oct 31 2009, 4:09 am EzDay281 Post #32

I got 100 with 2 mistakes. I MUCH prefer: this typing speed site compared to the one Kame posted. It is infinitely more awesome. Try it out.
This one makes my Firefox freeze and freak out in weird ways until I close Java in task manager. :|
Maybe it's due to a certain program I recently installed...
... Farty and I are the only ones who've seriously claimed over 110. >.> And in my case only by 1. (unless you count my mention of my score at typeracer, but you can look at my profile yourself for that)

None.

Oct 31 2009, 4:19 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #33

Just here for the activity... well not really

Quote from EzDay281
This one makes my Firefox freeze and freak out in weird ways until I close Java in task manager. :|
Maybe it's due to a certain program I recently installed...
This happens to me too :C

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Oct 31 2009, 4:19 am Magicide Post #34

Sleeping wolves wake hungry.

As some people were talking about APM, mine peaks at 130.

Oct 31 2009, 4:27 am AngerIsAGift Post #35

Type racer is quite fun, I average around 95 WPM on that website.
As for apm in StarCraft, I have broken 200 apm 3 about weeks ago. I'm currently getting 210 or higher in some games.

None.

Oct 31 2009, 4:53 am CecilSunkure Post #36

My average APM during melee, if I'm in the middle of a melee binge, sits at 200-240. If I'm a bit rusty, I'll sit at 120.

None.

Oct 31 2009, 5:12 am EzDay281 Post #37

I have an apm of ~40 in Starcraft.
:D
I don't play melee. At. Bloody. All.. >_>

None.

Oct 31 2009, 7:12 am Syphon Post #38

Quote from Falkoner

Citation needed.

I got 105 WPM, but I'm on a laptop keyboard. I've gone over 180 on a one of those old buckling spring ones that I can touch type on.

None.

Oct 31 2009, 7:44 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #39

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Syphon
I got 105 WPM, but I'm on a laptop keyboard. I've gone over 180 on a one of those old buckling spring ones that I can touch type on.
Does it make a difference? I got the one I posted on my laptop. The one I posted on Jr. High was from back when I was using a full keyboard. (<3 the clackity sound and feel, btw)

Oct 31 2009, 7:52 am EzDay281 Post #40

Eugh. Personally, I'd like to try typing on a laptop keyboard, actually. Once I get used to the slightly different key spacing and positioning, the overall smaller size and lesser depression distance should be nice.
that I can touch type on.
You can't on others?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum