Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Hey SEN. How fast can you type?
Hey SEN. How fast can you type?
Oct 30 2009, 7:59 pm
By: Fire_Kame
Pages: < 1 2 3

Oct 31 2009, 8:54 am ejac1337 Post #41

70ish wpm,

180ish apm.

None.

Nov 1 2009, 6:05 am Syphon Post #42

Quote from EzDay281
Eugh. Personally, I'd like to try typing on a laptop keyboard, actually. Once I get used to the slightly different key spacing and positioning, the overall smaller size and lesser depression distance should be nice.
that I can touch type on.
You can't on others?

I can't touch type on laptop keyboards. I have to look at it every couple seconds.

None.

Nov 1 2009, 2:58 pm Lingie Post #43

66. I fail at looking at text, then typing it. It just doesn't compute. Now, when I'm typing from my mind, things are different. Muuuuuuch different.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Nov 2 2009, 2:18 am Lakai Post #44

I did about one sentence and said forget it :P those stories always suck

None.

Nov 2 2009, 2:36 am Symmetry Post #45

Dungeon Master

"Neighbors" got me every fucking time. There's supposed to be a u, dammit.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Nov 2 2009, 3:11 am Brontobyte Post #46

65 wpm. I had a lot of typo's and I choose to stop and fix them rather then speeding off.

None.

Nov 2 2009, 5:40 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #47

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Syphon
Quote from EzDay281
Eugh. Personally, I'd like to try typing on a laptop keyboard, actually. Once I get used to the slightly different key spacing and positioning, the overall smaller size and lesser depression distance should be nice.
that I can touch type on.
You can't on others?

I can't touch type on laptop keyboards. I have to look at it every couple seconds.
I usually watch my hands. On a laptop, though, I don't need to worry about it because they are right where I am already looking. If I don't watch I end up shifting a row over with one hand and type a bunch of garbage. Even if the keyboard I am using has mixed up letters or no letters printed at all, I will still look at it.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Nov 2 2009, 7:56 am Sand Wraith Post #48

she/her

Bah, approx. 60 WPM.

Nov 3 2009, 11:53 pm omginbd Post #49

Typing tests here are way better, and you can watch replays lol.

None.

Nov 5 2009, 7:05 pm Dapperdan Post #50

Quote from omginbd
Typing tests here are way better, and you can watch replays lol.

Actually this might be my favorite yet. Though I really like some of the lines from the one i posted comes up with too. This one just has a few more nice features...

None.

Nov 10 2009, 7:30 pm Chubacca Post #51

Quote from KrayZee
My first try: 189 wpm.
I don't believe that for a second, that is way past insanely fast.

I got 62 words a minute.

None.

Nov 10 2009, 10:50 pm dumbducky Post #52

That's 3 words per second, or 15 characters per second. In other words, blindly slamming the keyboard.

tits

Nov 12 2009, 1:16 am rockz Post #53

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

First time I had 68 WPM, with 60 for errors.
Second time I had 68 WPM, with 0 for errors (word is awesome, ya know?)
I'm sure if I were on a full sized keyboard, I'd have a much better score.

It's not hard to get up to 150+, but your accuracy will probably be terrible. Personally, I can't type on laptop keyboards. I'm going to see how I fare on my model M.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Nov 14 2009, 7:38 pm payne Post #54

:payne:

I got 64 wpm but my french keyboard owned me... I couldn't type the quotes and I passed so many times over that crap >.<
Also, I hated how when you missed a letter and continued writing the story correctly, the words typed wouldn't count in your score...

Plus, I found out the word "wheat" and "strength" were the hardest for me to write correctly and fastly ;o

None.

Nov 16 2009, 1:38 am scwizard Post #55

73, would have been faster if I could fix an error by seeking there with the arrow keys, instead of pressing backspace and retyping the whole line.

None.

Nov 16 2009, 3:28 am UnholyUrine Post #56

My fastest was 99 D:

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum