Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Projects > Topic: Temptation
Temptation
Jul 10 2008, 2:17 am
By: A_of-s_t
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Aug 4 2008, 12:07 am A_of-s_t Post #21

aka idmontie

I decided that I felt like showing what the third race is going to look like. Here are three ingame pics:

Starting Peons:

A nice shot of the buildings:

Kharoshilisa getting raped by my 2 Zealots and Dragoon:

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Aug 16 2008, 12:59 am A_of-s_t Post #22

aka idmontie

Videos:

A clear version of Kharoshilisa AI:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8yc4dgul1qd

My comments on Kharoshilisa AI:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ucztmcdlgfh

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 16 2008, 1:20 am by A_of-s_t.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Aug 16 2008, 1:31 am Polaris Post #23

Pretty epic!

If anything cool is ever going on Skype me up under the name "blarghle"

Aug 16 2008, 10:40 am Devourer Post #24

Hello

WoW... looks nice .)

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Sep 30 2008, 5:35 am A_of-s_t Post #25

aka idmontie

Just so everyone knows Im not dead and I'm still working on the project, here are some updates:

Magistrate Insane AI: This AI is going off a completely new idea from the Kharoshilisa AI -- it uses a huge continious attack loop to make as many ships as it can muster. When making my original Kharoshilisa AI, I found it quite slow compared to how fast I was building when I was cheating. I wanted an AI that would use my own cheats to its advantage and still be reasonably difficult to a 7 v 1 crowd ( but still beatable ). As I was browsing these forums, I found quite a few people say that they keep their train commands in the main loop of a script and not in multiruns. Being the curious bastard I am, I decided to try to make an AI use a multirun to make units. It was a great success. It amassed units while still pumping out buildings -- a feat that Kharoshilisa failed to do.

But with this success came a downfall: the AI runs through tiers like crazy and maxes out its population in less than 10 minutes -- perfectly beatable by 7 players (maybe even 1). This was utterly annoying -- the AI refused to build its higher tier units because it would max out its low level units... untill now. I revamped the multirun and it now crushes 6 kharoshilisa AIs and myself. When a player tries to cheat, it uses "operation cwal" to its own advantage by constantly pumping units and I mean CONSTANTLY. It even runs a suicide loop to cleanse out its units everytime it hits its limit.

Confederates: LUDICROUS SPEED!!!!! I started the AI outline and its going to randomly select one of two tier scripts -- heavy and slow or fast and light. Maybe I should describe the nature of the Confederates...

The Confeds have somehow discovered how to travel at Ludicrous speed -- faster than lightspeed, yet slow enough to not rip a hole in the time-space continium. Yet, due to the high cost of this technology, few ships are equipt with it. Every other ship in their arsenal is highly equiped in weaponry, yet slow as syrup on a cold winter's day.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Sep 30 2008, 8:32 pm Falchion Post #26

Ludicrous Speed? Sir, we've never gone that fast before, I don't know if the ship can take it!!! :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :lmfao:

Oct 4 2008, 4:08 pm Devourer Post #27

Hello

this remembers me to ad-astras.... ^^
nice work anyway

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Oct 4 2008, 8:31 pm A_of-s_t Post #28

aka idmontie

Quote from Devourer
this remembers me to ad-astras.... ^^
nice work anyway
The gameplay is entirely different than Ad Astras. If you want economy-based, slow style gameplay, then play Ad Astras. If you want huge space battles with huge fleets blasting at each other, than you'll play this.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Oct 5 2008, 5:23 am Vi3t-X Post #29

What if I want both. Who will I go to? :P

None.

Oct 5 2008, 2:13 pm IskatuMesk Post #30

Lord of the Locker Room

Actually fast-paced mods tend to be more economy based than slow-paced ones (Which are just overall sitting and waiting). To sustain large numbers and keep up with the pace of the game you need map control for resources and stuff like that.

Well, that's how it is in ITAS, I imagine it's the same way here, too.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Oct 5 2008, 2:24 pm Fisty Post #31

The Zerg-ish buildings look like they are sitting on nothing.

None.

Nov 28 2008, 2:24 am A_of-s_t Post #32

aka idmontie

Ack, I haven't updated in such a long time. So, here's where the project is at the moment:

Main tech trees, units, and weapons have been made and pretty much finalized.
Upgrades and technologies have been started.
Music track is pretty much done (all 100 MB of it).
Voice overs have been started.
Iscripting is being cleaned up for effects and sounds.
Grafting is almost done except for special spells (and added buttons for techs and upgrades).
Zerg buildings are being "rounded" so that they don't look like they're gound buildings.
Insane AI scripts are being constantly remade.

So, in other words:

DONE:
Tech tree
Units
Music
Gameplay

Being Perfected:
Iscript
AI script
Magistrate's buildings

Not Done:
Sounds
Wireframes
tblpad
Extras

So, that's where the mod stands. It'll be done when its done. I'm projecting a completion date for sometime in December, but who knows.

EDIT: Eh, I might make a short campaign called: "Collapse of a Union" for this, but I doubt it. It would mainly be based around my story entitled "Iincarnadine" which tells the tale of how these three races in my mod work and function and their relations with each other. But, no one plays campaigns so... eh.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 28 2008, 4:59 am by A_of-s_t.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Nov 28 2008, 11:40 pm Fisty Post #33

No one plays campaigns because the few that are made nowadays suck (I AM looking forward to Ex's/KK's though). So if you can make a good campaign, you may break this chain.

None.

Dec 8 2008, 3:44 am Biophysicist Post #34

[/lurking]I'd play the campaign.

None.

Dec 10 2008, 4:28 am A_of-s_t Post #35

aka idmontie

So I finished up the Magistrate's buildings... There are a few gameplay aspects I'm adding -- such as a new nuke that will require a plugin -- and tedious work such as grp wireframes need to be done. Would anyone mind if I didn't use the traditional starcraft wireframes and instead used a cropped version of each ship in its full colors?

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Dec 25 2008, 1:47 pm Hercanic Post #36

STF mod creator, Modcrafters.com admin, CampaignCreations.org staff

It's a free country. =oP

You would lose out on the health display, though, but you might be able to remedy that with a "health bar" graphic affixed to a side of said full-colored ship wireframe.

Dec 25 2008, 5:29 pm Voyager7456 Post #37

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

Quote from Hercanic
It's a free country. =oP
That's what they want you to believe.

Ad Astras did it and no one complained.

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Jan 31 2009, 7:28 pm A_of-s_t Post #38

aka idmontie

Attention:

The public beta release of Temptation is due for release... however, I can't find anywhere to upload my 127 MB file. If anyone knows a website that supports uploads larger than 100 MB (as is the restraint on most upload sites), please post immediately.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Jan 31 2009, 7:46 pm Symmetry Post #39

Dungeon Master

Split it into a couple of .rars. And 127 mb? Are you joking? O.O

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jan 31 2009, 7:53 pm A_of-s_t Post #40

aka idmontie

Quote from name:Killer_Kow
Split it into a couple of .rars. And 127 mb? Are you joking? O.O
I'll be using DivShare thanks to IsolatedPurity. And no, I'm not joking, and this isn't even the end of what I'm adding into Temptation.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum