Mapping Programs
Jul 4 2008, 8:33 pm
By: Brontobyte
Pages: < 1 2 3

Jul 6 2008, 9:08 pm Brontobyte Post #41

What are you waiting for? :bleh: MOAR programs plz! :D

None.

Jul 6 2008, 10:23 pm CecilSunkure Post #42

Well I still am thinking that active trigger detection, and text logging would both be great equipment for the map maker's arsenal. Though, I am pushing more for the text logger myself :P

I hope farty reads this and takes both into consideration.

None.

Jul 7 2008, 10:16 pm Pyro682 Post #43

Wonderous idea! Brav-0 Bront!!! This is a cool idea.
Btw, Hack is just a harsh word.. Lets call it a Debugger.
I especially like the text logger.

FARTY DOOOO IT!!!! hahahahhaaa

None.

Jul 7 2008, 10:16 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #44

👻 👾 👽 💪

But I'm lazy. :C

I started something(s) that were suggested in this topic, but I doubt I'll get anywhere with them (especially when this happened. It doesn't make sense to me because in the debugger with no changed code, it looks like this. :wtfage:)

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jul 8 2008, 4:12 am MillenniumArmy Post #45

IMO the most useful feature would be

A program which can tell you which triggers use a certain location. Especially if you are looking at someone else's map. If there's a certain location in which you want to see which triggers are using it, it's much easier to use some program which can pick out the triggers using it rather than having yourself look through each and every trigger in the map. This would REALLY save lots of trouble

And maybe same thing can be used for units (for deathcount purposes primarily) or even switches.

None.

Jul 8 2008, 4:16 am BiOAtK Post #46

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]

I started something(s) that were suggested in this topic, but I doubt I'll get anywhere with them (especially when this happened. It doesn't make sense to me because in the debugger with no changed code, it looks like this. :wtfage:)

It looks like the SC equivalent of a photo negative to me.

None.

Jul 8 2008, 5:39 am Falkoner Post #47

A program which can tell you which triggers use a certain location. Especially if you are looking at someone else's map. If there's a certain location in which you want to see which triggers are using it, it's much easier to use some program which can pick out the triggers using it rather than having yourself look through each and every trigger in the map. This would REALLY save lots of trouble

And maybe same thing can be used for units (for deathcount purposes primarily) or even switches.

Notepad + find anyone?

None.

Jul 8 2008, 6:02 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #48

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Anonymous

It looks like the SC equivalent of a photo negative to me.
It isn't just messed up colors, the minitiles are actually different.

EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jul 8 2008, 12:59 pm Clokr_ Post #49

It is obviously choosing the wrong minitiles. I'd suggest completely rebuilding both the debug and release versions. If that doesn't work and the programming language was C++ I'd tell you it is a buffer overflow for sure, but being VB I have no idea what could cause both versions to work differently. Maybe some timing issue?

?????

Jul 9 2008, 11:08 pm pneumatic Post #50

Quote from MillenniumArmy
I don't really see the point to the Location Viewer, String Stacker, or the buildable terrain ideas for ingame purposes.

The trigger Firing one does somewhat sound nice, but I really think adding a display text for the triggers you want checked (or if it's a trigger owned by like say a computer player, a create/kill unit action in an area viewable for you ingame) suffices perfectly. I mean, in most cases I believe you would only be wanting to see if one or two "back bone" triggers would be working, as if these said triggers are functioning flawlessly, then the proceeding ones which rely on the execution of said triggers are bound to work. IMO the amount of effort and time needed to modify certain triggers so that you can see in game whether they work or not is so small or negligible to where there wouldn't be much of a need of a trigger firing program :P

Display text only works with triggers running for a human player. When you have lots of triggers running for computers, it gets annoying to set up new death counts just to detect when that individual trigger has run so you can notify the player.

Quote from Clokr_
Triggers fire inbetween game updates. So that wouldn't probably work well. It could display a list of the triggers that have been fired in the last trigger check, but a whole lot of triggers could fire at once, and with hyper triggers that would happen several times per second. It wouldn't be hard to make an util which logs the data into a log text file, but the text file would fastly grow too big.

EDIT: It could however log the last time at which each trigger fired. That could be useful.

That's true, with hundreds of triggers firing per cycle, it wouldn't even be readable in-game. I don't know how I feel about logging the last time a trigger fired, because in a map with lots of preserve triggers, you'd still often have to rearrange your triggers to make that information useful.

As for logging every single trigger, you could prevent it from getting too big by flagging the triggers that you want logged. Also by referring to each trigger using an ID number. Although I'm not sure how doable these things are.

Actually, I just realized. You know what would be REALLY useful? Have a function that dumps all death count data into a file with a timestamp. Or, even better, displays the death counts you have selected. I already do this via triggers a fair amount in my maps for debugging, and it'd save a hell of a lot of trouble to have a program for it.

None.

Jul 10 2008, 12:36 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #51

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Clokr_
It is obviously choosing the wrong minitiles. I'd suggest completely rebuilding both the debug and release versions. If that doesn't work and the programming language was C++ I'd tell you it is a buffer overflow for sure, but being VB I have no idea what could cause both versions to work differently. Maybe some timing issue?
Can't release the debug. It's pressing the Play button in the editor where it runs it without compiling it. Nothing is changed to do this. All I'm doing is Make whatever.exe, then running that EXE. And I made a little built-in debug thing yesterday (while internet was out), I'll upload it later though 'cause I have to eat.

Jul 10 2008, 1:55 am Clokr_ Post #52

Sometimes deleting all the temporary build files and rebuilding everything will do the trick...

?????

Jul 10 2008, 6:40 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #53

👻 👾 👽 💪

It happened on the first build. :(

Anyway, here are the pictures I mentioned:

They show the vx/f4 MegaTiles referenced in cv5.
I was going to test showing raw MTXM values, but I forgot and was playing FFIX. :P

MTXM are the same.. Something to do with cv5 and VB being retarded.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 10 2008, 7:19 am by FaRTy1billion.

Jul 13 2008, 2:01 pm Brontobyte Post #54

Turn this into a program that you can use offline. :D

None.

Jul 13 2008, 4:08 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #55

👻 👾 👽 💪

EUDDB+EUDTrig, anyone? :P
I can make an EUDDB downloadable document if people would like it.
(Perhaps people should add 1.12b offsets. >.>)

Jul 13 2008, 10:01 pm Brontobyte Post #56

EUDDB+EUDTrig, anyone? :P
I can make an EUDDB downloadable document if people would like it.
(Perhaps people should add 1.12b offsets. >.>)

I like what the ubecalc does. You just select what you want to have and then it calculates it for you. Make that! :D

None.

Jul 14 2008, 5:35 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #57

👻 👾 👽 💪

Are you saying I should make a synchronized EUDTrig program that reads addresses from the EUDDB? ... :shifty:

Jul 15 2008, 12:37 am Brontobyte Post #58

Are you saying I should make a synchronized EUDTrig program that reads addresses from the EUDDB? ... :shifty:

Maybe. :shifty: What I want is UbeCalc 2 into a program. You go through the menus and then after all of your selections are made, it spits out the values for the UnitID as well as the player and number. :D Instead of the zero's how about an actual number?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum