Jul 4 2008, 8:33 pm
By: Brontobyte
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Jul 6 2008, 2:41 am Kaias Post #21

Quote from Brontobyte
Quote from Clokr_
Quote from Brontobyte
Quote from Falkoner
I gotta admit, I think this may be more trouble than it is worth, most of these are really not that difficult to test yourself, and while the trigger firing one sounds useful, when you have over 500 triggers, imagine searching through a big list of what's firing..

It displays the trigger comment (if there is on) of which trigger is being fired.

Triggers fire inbetween game updates. So that wouldn't probably work well. It could display a list of the triggers that have been fired in the last trigger check, but a whole lot of triggers could fire at once, and with hyper triggers that would happen several times per second. It wouldn't be hard to make an util which logs the data into a log text file, but the text file would fastly grow too big.

EDIT: It could however log the last time at which each trigger fired. That could be useful.

You could maybe have it do specific searches for triggers instead of all of them at once.
If the game crashes it look through all of the triggers and figures out which one was fired last, or a bunch that were fired last that could have contributed to the crash, and also via waits. If a trigger has waits in it and other triggers run before the first one (with waits) is complete and the one with waits is the one that crashes, it should also show this. :???:
Or if you could "uncheck" certain triggers so that it wouldn't display them (I.E. Triggers that run every loop)

None.

Jul 6 2008, 3:01 am Brontobyte Post #22

Quote from Kaias
Quote from Brontobyte
Quote from Clokr_
Quote from Brontobyte
Quote from Falkoner
I gotta admit, I think this may be more trouble than it is worth, most of these are really not that difficult to test yourself, and while the trigger firing one sounds useful, when you have over 500 triggers, imagine searching through a big list of what's firing..

It displays the trigger comment (if there is on) of which trigger is being fired.

Triggers fire inbetween game updates. So that wouldn't probably work well. It could display a list of the triggers that have been fired in the last trigger check, but a whole lot of triggers could fire at once, and with hyper triggers that would happen several times per second. It wouldn't be hard to make an util which logs the data into a log text file, but the text file would fastly grow too big.

EDIT: It could however log the last time at which each trigger fired. That could be useful.

You could maybe have it do specific searches for triggers instead of all of them at once.
If the game crashes it look through all of the triggers and figures out which one was fired last, or a bunch that were fired last that could have contributed to the crash, and also via waits. If a trigger has waits in it and other triggers run before the first one (with waits) is complete and the one with waits is the one that crashes, it should also show this. :???:
Or if you could "uncheck" certain triggers so that it wouldn't display them (I.E. Triggers that run every loop)

Or I could have people stop what they are doing to create a program that will only be used by a select few people who will use it once and delete it by accident. :D

None.

Jul 6 2008, 4:05 am CecilSunkure Post #23

Not really for just map making, but a nice program would be a text logger that logs text displayed in a BW game. This would be helpful if you wanted to show someone they said something they were denying they said, or you could check up on the logger while you are testing your map/debugging your map in a map editor without clicking back into BW to see just a blank screen (because the text dissappears after like 5 seconds ingame), you could use the logger to see if someone had messaged you while you left your map you were testing to quickly fix something in the editor.

Also another feature would be to log everything said in a B.net channel in a seperate log :P

The logger would be best if it displayed text in a BW game in real-time constantly refreshing :D

None.

Jul 6 2008, 1:08 pm Clokr_ Post #24

There's already a program out there which logs the text the players send eachother in a map then displays it while playing the replay. Not sure how it is called though.

?????

Jul 6 2008, 1:41 pm Brontobyte Post #25

Quote from Clokr_
There's already a program out there which logs the text the players send eachother in a map then displays it while playing the replay. Not sure how it is called though.

Oblivian? It logs the text and a whole bunch of other information about the other players who joined your game, but the downfall of this is its a hack, so... You can also hit the "delete" key to bring up a text box with about 20 lines of who said what, or maybe its 12-13 because StarCraft Display Text only have 12-13 lines. I think its 12.

None.

Jul 6 2008, 1:51 pm Clokr_ Post #26

I'm not talking about hacks. I was talking about this: http://poinsart.com/pp/

?????

Jul 6 2008, 2:02 pm Brontobyte Post #27

Quote from Clokr_
I'm not talking about hacks. I was talking about this: http://poinsart.com/pp/

How does this work? I downloaded it before but it never worked for me.

If I remember correctly, you could see others chats in replays and cool stuff like that?

None.

Jul 6 2008, 2:15 pm Symmetry Post #28

Dungeon Master

PP doesn't work on modern patches. It was last updated for 1.13e.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jul 6 2008, 2:16 pm Brontobyte Post #29

Quote from name:Killer_Kow
PP doesn't work on modern patches. It was last updated for 1.13e.

Show just downgrade my SC to use it?

None.

Jul 6 2008, 2:19 pm Symmetry Post #30

Dungeon Master

Yeah, you could. But there wouldn't be too much of a point.

Jul 6 2008, 2:21 pm Brontobyte Post #31

Wouldn't that mess up the replay?
I just want to see the inputed text by the players.

None.

Jul 6 2008, 2:45 pm Symmetry Post #32

Dungeon Master

Quote from Brontobyte

Mess up the replay? What do you mean? You'd have to be running PP with 1.13e when you saved the replay, as well as when you watched it.

Jul 6 2008, 2:48 pm Brontobyte Post #33

Quote from Brontobyte

Mess up the replay? What do you mean? You'd have to be running PP with 1.13e when you saved the replay, as well as when you watched it.

So let me get this straight:

You need to first be running both of the programs. (StarCraft p1.13f and PP) (1.13f is the one PP uses)
Then you need to play a game
Save the replay
Watch it with PP running

I just downgraded SC to p1.13f and then watched the replay. Everything worked fine besides the text, which was the whole point...

None.

Jul 6 2008, 3:16 pm Symmetry Post #34

Dungeon Master

"Lastest version: 0.4.2 FOR SC & BW 1.13e"

I vaguely remember there being a setting to save text; did you check it in the pp launcher?

(I'm not going to download it again, because the last time I did, it corrupted my SC)

Jul 6 2008, 3:28 pm Brontobyte Post #35

"Lastest version: 0.4.2 FOR SC & BW 1.13e"

I vaguely remember there being a setting to save text; did you check it in the pp launcher?

(I'm not going to download it again, because the last time I did, it corrupted my SC)

Forget about it. I don't feel like messing around with it. :><:

None.

Jul 6 2008, 3:52 pm Hug A Zergling Post #36

Something to make hyper triggers/EUD's easier would be nice ^^

None.

Jul 6 2008, 3:55 pm Falkoner Post #37

Blend calculator: scans the side pixels of a given tile, and then scans the adjoining edge of all other tiles to automatically find tiles that would blend with the selected tile.

Wow, I completely missed that post, but you know, I liked all the ideas there, although I think specifically the one above would be extremely difficult to make, although I'm not Farty :P

None.

Jul 6 2008, 7:42 pm Brontobyte Post #38

Quote from Hug A Zergling
Something to make hyper triggers/EUD's easier would be nice ^^

Hyper Triggers? :wtfage: How are creating Hyper Triggers not the most easiest type of trigger system to create? :-_-:

Conditions:
-Always
Actions:
-Wait 0 ms (x62)
-Preserve Trigger
-Comment (Hyper Trigger)

Thats about as easy as it gets... :rolleyes:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 6 2008, 8:09 pm by Brontobyte.

None.

Jul 6 2008, 8:06 pm Hug A Zergling Post #39

O :P well, i don't use em, so I wouldn't know.
NOTE: Another example of a broken smily. Your :wtfage: didnt work.

None.

Jul 6 2008, 8:34 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #40

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Brontobyte
Quote from Falkoner
Wait, so this would be a program you inject into SC like a hack, or an external program?

I would rather it be a external program/plug-in rather then a hack because hacks mess up EUD triggers when testing.

These methods would be purely for testing purposes only.
Hacks don't mess up EUDs. Oblivion does. It was an attempt to fix EUDs from detecting the hack.

Quote from Wing-of-no-Wing
I'd like to see an enhanced terrain program with a few additional features:
-Auto-replace: Change all tiles of a certain type to tiles of another type. That way, if you realize that a tile that you were using for a certain purpose just won't do, you won't have to worry about whether or not you've gotten every single square. Knowing which tiles you've changed and which you haven't can be a pain with similar-looking tiles, like regular and walkable null (which both look the same), even with SCMD2 in debug mode.
Everyone has wanted this for a long time, and it wouldn't even be hard to create. I have no idea why SF or SCMD doesn't have it yet... I could make an individual program for it. xP

-Blend calculator: scans the side pixels of a given tile, and then scans the adjoining edge of all other tiles to automatically find tiles that would blend with the selected tile.
..? What does that mean?

-Terrain properties: sort of like an extension of "Buildable Terrain": click on a tile on the map or in the palette and it will tell you all the properties of that tile. The information isn't that hard to get, but just being able to click the tile and know its elevation, buildability, etc. at a glance could save time and trouble.
Modding tools let you do that (and edit, which I don't think mappers'd want. :P)

-AI tracking: Select a unit and click two places on your terrain, and it'd show you how the AI pathing algorithm would move the unit from the first point if ordered to the second. This feature would be really useful for avoiding situations where the pathing system gets units into trouble because they don't go the way you'd expect them to. With it, you could make maps with terrain that units always move over in intuitive ways, without getting stuck or wandering into enemy territory when they don't have to.
Uh, that might be a bit much. :P

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum