Unit Node EUD's
Jul 4 2008, 12:43 pm
By: Brontobyte
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Jul 5 2008, 2:07 pm rockz Post #21

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Yes.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jul 5 2008, 10:55 pm CecilSunkure Post #22

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Search for a 4-byte integer with value 123456 (gives 1-3 results :P) and change the result's address to "005971F0". Convert that addresses value to hex and you have a unitnode pointer.

Allright I ran the search and got no results D:

And for changing the results address, how and why would I do that? Last, to convert the value to hex would i just add a 0x to the front of the value?

None.

Jul 5 2008, 11:00 pm Brontobyte Post #23

Quote from name:O)Silent
And for changing the results address, how and why would I do that? Last, to convert the value to hex would i just add a 0x to the front of the value?

Yes.

None.

Jul 5 2008, 11:20 pm CecilSunkure Post #24

Ok, but I still have NO results, and I don't know why or how to change the address to "005971F0"..

I have broodwar selected, im searching for an integer, value of 123456.. What am I missing?

None.

Jul 5 2008, 11:29 pm Brontobyte Post #25

Ok, but I still have NO results, and I don't know why or how to change the address to "005971F0"..

I have broodwar selected, im searching for an integer, value of 123456.. What am I missing?

I have no clue. I have never tested/attempted to test this. Wait until FaRTy gets online or someone who knows what they are doing. :/

None.

Jul 5 2008, 11:58 pm Clokr_ Post #26

Search for a simpler value like 1234. Then modify one of the results address.

?????

Jul 6 2008, 12:16 am CecilSunkure Post #27

Allright, so I've found a 4byte integer.. from here what do I do?

I have the map I want loaded into starcraft, and I have the unit I want selected. The unit was created in the editor, so it has always been there.

None.

Jul 6 2008, 12:50 am Clokr_ Post #28

Meh forget about searching that value, it's actually easier this way:

- Open BW load your map and select the unit that you wish.
- Open artmoney and choose SC Broodwar from the processes list.
- Click on the menu Process, the option Memory Editor.
- In the cell view part select "Integer 4 bytes".
- In the table click on the first cell under "Address" and write 005971F0.
- The value next to it (the one under "01") is the value you're searching for. That's the address to the unitnode of the selected unit. Note it down somewhere.
- If you want you can get into BW, select another unit, then alt+tab, wait until the value refreshes and note the new value down (in case you want to search the addresses for more units).

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jul 6 2008, 1:03 am by Clokr_.

?????

Jul 6 2008, 1:17 am CecilSunkure Post #29

Allright thx Clockr, I have 0x60CC20 , 0x617420 for my values. Using EUD trig to create a selection detecting trigger, what do I do from here?

Im sry I have so many questions :P
This is all new for me.

None.

Jul 6 2008, 1:22 am Brontobyte Post #30

So what exactly effects the outcome of the address?

I'm pretty sure it is:

-Units position
-Unit creation number
-Who selects the unit (duh)
-Who owns the unit (duh)
-MOAR?

None.

Jul 6 2008, 1:25 am CecilSunkure Post #31

Quote from Brontobyte
So what exactly effects the outcome of the address? I'm pretty sure it is:
-Units position
-Unit creation number
-Who owns the unit (duh)
-MOAR?

Well I'm not retarded, just inexperienced. But I dont know what to do with my address and EUD trig except that the address goes into the mem offset?

None.

Jul 6 2008, 1:36 am Clokr_ Post #32

Download farty's program (he posted a link in this thread). Then use it to convert the address doodle posted (also in this thread) into a DC. The you have to compare that DC to 0x60CC20 or 0x617420 to check if the unit is selected. I think farty's program can automatically export the triggers for you with the comparisons already done.

?????

Jul 6 2008, 1:45 am Brontobyte Post #33

Quote from Brontobyte
So what exactly effects the outcome of the address? I'm pretty sure it is:
-Units position
-Unit creation number
-Who owns the unit (duh)
-MOAR?

Well I'm not retarded, just inexperienced. But I dont know what to do with my address and EUD trig except that the address goes into the mem offset?

I wasn't calling anyone a retard... I was simply implying that I already knew that the two facts with the (duh) stamp were things that I already knew, thats all. :-_-:

None.

Jul 6 2008, 1:57 am CecilSunkure Post #34

Quote from Clokr_
Download farty's program (he posted a link in this thread). Then use it to convert the address doodle posted (also in this thread) into a DC. The you have to compare that DC to 0x60CC20 or 0x617420 to check if the unit is selected. I think farty's program can automatically export the triggers for you with the comparisons already done.

I've had farty's program for a few days now, but I don't know what to do with my 2 addresses, or how to convert doodle's address into a DC, or how to compare the 2 addresses. But yes, EUD trig does that for you and exprts it to a .trg or shows you the trig in a starforge text line. I just don't know how to use EUD trig to do any of this D:

None.

Jul 6 2008, 1:51 pm Brontobyte Post #35

How To Do It:
-First download both of the editors with the links provided below.
-Open up Scmdraft 2 and then open your map followed by opening up the trigger editor. (Classic/Text)
-Make fake triggers (below)
-Now save the map.
-Then open up your StarForge folder ~"C:\Program Files\Star Forge\Data"
-Next open up the "Conditions" file by right clicking on it and modify it with a text editor. (Notepad++)
-Then modify the Deaths Condition triggers so that you can input a number instead of a units name. (Text underneath links)
-Now save the text file and open up StarForge.
-Then open up the triggers and go to the EUD triggers section
-Replace the "0" 's with the number that follows the UnitID:"xxxxx" (the "x"'s only)
-Now once all of the conditions are replaced save the map and ENJOY! :D

Downloads:

Scmdraft 2
StarForge

Fake Triggers:

When I make EUD triggers I get all of the information into a trigger that I need to without inputing the Extended Unit.

This means that I input the correct player, correct value, and correct comparison to which I want to have an EUD trigger function on.

After this is done, I simply open up the unit box for the Death Condition and then choose a Terran Marine. I do this because in StarForge, a Terran Marine is a "0" (UnitID: 0) and its easy to copy and paste the number over top of it.

Text:

This is what it should look like when you open it. ~Line 76-78
Condition Deaths(Player Player, Comparison Comparison, Number Number, Unit Unit)
{
Condition(0, Player, Number, Unit, Comparison, 15, 0, 0);

This is what you need it to look like for it to work properly.
Condition Deaths(Player Player, Comparison Comparison, Number Number, Number Unit)
{

Please note:
Condition Deaths(Player Player, Comparison Comparison, Number Number, Number Unit)
{

The bold underlined text is what you need to have. It went from "Unit Unit)" to "Number Unit)

None.

Jul 6 2008, 9:01 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #36

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Brontobyte
Of the player selections/unitnode entries?

-Units position - Has to do with the next. Editors handle it differently.
-Unit creation number - There really isn't a number, but unit creation definitely does. ;)
-Who selects the unit (duh) - Selecting a unit doesn't change the address. If you find a value for a unit selection, it will work in any of the player selection groups.
-Who owns the unit (duh) - This is defined in what the selection groups point to... It is completely irrelevant to the unitnode entry.
-MOAR? = When SC loads the unit (including trigger creation.)

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jul 6 2008, 9:08 pm Brontobyte Post #37

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Quote from Brontobyte
Of the player selections/unitnode entries?

-Units position - Has to do with the next. Editors handle it differently.
-Unit creation number - There really isn't a number, but unit creation definitely does. ;)
-Who selects the unit (duh) - Selecting a unit doesn't change the address. If you find a value for a unit selection, it will work in any of the player selection groups.
-Who owns the unit (duh) - This is defined in what the selection groups point to... It is completely irrelevant to the unitnode entry.
-MOAR? = When SC loads the unit (including trigger creation.)

Well apparently I didn't know much about what I was talking about. :P

None.

Jul 6 2008, 9:15 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #38

👻 👾 👽 💪

Unitnode pointers are a mess.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jul 6 2008, 9:21 pm Brontobyte Post #39

I would like to use them in my map but I don't know what to even look for.

None.

Jul 6 2008, 10:19 pm CecilSunkure Post #40

Allright, well I've messed around a bit and I was able to create some flawed triggers that don't do much at all with EUD's.

I think farty, or anyone else who knows how, should set up a step by step tutorial on this subject with screenshots showing how to do what, starting with downloading artmoney and ending with the finished product of a working selection detecting trigger.

Then using the tutorial we could all create our own to fit our custom needs ^.^

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum