Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: How do you know about...
How do you know about...
May 17 2008, 3:03 pm
By: Brontobyte
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

May 18 2008, 4:05 am ~:Deathawk:~ Post #21

directed here for map help

None.

May 18 2008, 4:17 am Symmetry Post #22

Dungeon Master

Quote from Kow
I think I was linked by my clanmate LeeJase, joined, and stayed. God, that was so long ago... back when SEN was still white.

Yeah, now that all the blacks are here it's just not the same.

[/bad joke]

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

May 18 2008, 4:26 am lil-Inferno Post #23

Just here for the pie

I didn't find SEN and Maplantis, SEN and Maplantis found me.

I don't even remember how I discovered SEN, but I know that it was a long, epic, and entertaining tale.

May 18 2008, 4:28 am Phobos Post #24

Are you sure about that?

Some guy Pandut linked me to Maplantis when I started modding thanks to Polaris. Then Maplantis died and I moved here.

this is signature

May 18 2008, 4:35 am Corbo Post #25

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

I was looking on how to disable sprites and their effects, I found a tutorial of DeathKnight on SeN and I bookmarked it. I, 1 year later after checking the same tutorial almost everyday realised that it was a forum and what a forum was and that I could post my own topics and submit my maps.
Ha.

fuck you all

May 18 2008, 4:48 am Greo Post #26

Googled AIDS and FAIL, this turned up fir-

Probably just found this site after realizing how much starcraft.org sucks. I'll stick with what seems to actually care about mapmaking, thank you.

None.

May 18 2008, 5:00 am Centreri Post #27

Relatively ancient and inactive

I was looking for a better editor. I was playing around with an editor, then an old, old friend Dorkeydear (who, if I wasn't mistaken, was in Urmom's last clan.. :P) pointed me to Starforge. It pointed me to this site, and I became the resident noob pretty quickly. About the same time Deathawk and DEAD joined, as I recall. A bit after Syphon and Doodan. Early v4.

None.

May 18 2008, 5:15 am FatalException Post #28

Quote from Centreri
I was looking for a better editor. I was playing around with an editor, then an old, old friend Dorkeydear (who, if I wasn't mistaken, was in Urmom's last clan.. :P) pointed me to Starforge. It pointed me to this site, and I became the resident noob pretty quickly. About the same time Deathawk and DEAD joined, as I recall. A bit after Syphon and Doodan. Early v4.
That was early v4? I joined about two months after Doodan did...

By the way, Doodan, you joined in June. :shifty:

None.

May 18 2008, 6:51 am Doodan Post #29

June 10th, 2005 - member # 5377. :P

None.

May 18 2008, 6:55 am FatalException Post #30

August 21st, 2005 - member # 6361. :bleh:

None.

May 18 2008, 10:48 am JaFF Post #31

I was a newb mapper in about 2004, and I was chatting with some random B.net pubbie about advanced editors. He told me to visit SEN, and I did.

None.

May 18 2008, 12:09 pm candle12345 Post #32

I had some friends who don't play SC any more, I originally found out in like, v3 or something. I came here because there were maps they wanted me to download, so I did.

Then when I started mapping I signed up to the forums and messed about. I sorta fazed out of the community when I got addicted to Gmod9, then after that exodus I came back to this, v5. I missed everything, I missed Maplantis' existance ENTIRELY. Now I'm back. And EcHo keeps saying I'm a retarded noob with a recent joindate.

[/biography]

My original account got deleted, I dunno why. Ask moogle, I been around longer than my joindate.

None.

May 18 2008, 6:54 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #33

Quote from Kow
Were you here after it turned green?

Who here remembers it being white and blue?

v3! <3

I was on Heimidal's forums (xboxknight or whatever it was called) before SEN, and then that died and they said let's all go to SEN. '04 ftw!

None.

May 18 2008, 7:26 pm Brontobyte Post #34

Wow all of these stories are neat. They all have some fact that SEN is out there and a lot of people know about it. :-)

None.

May 18 2008, 7:37 pm SiN Post #35

i was directed here in like Nov of 05 by DarkShadowBlade? or something like that, when i had first got into mapping.

Unfortunately i was also a hacker from zerogamers and ghoztcraft, so i didn't join until i gave up on hacking. Happy as hell that i did.

None.

May 18 2008, 7:46 pm Polaris Post #36

At the time, I was primarily a modder on Warboards\SC.org. Then, I remember seeing some links to SEN from WB's. So, I followed them, and found SEN to be a cool place with some really awesome modders.. Then, It died, no longer then a month after I found it. So then, I moved on to Maplantis. Then, Maplantis died, and I am back on SEN. :P There's my tragic story of death in the SC community.

If anything cool is ever going on Skype me up under the name "blarghle"

May 18 2008, 8:07 pm InsolubleFluff Post #37

Quote from JaFF
I was a newb mapper in about 2004, and I was chatting with some random B.net pubbie about advanced editors. He told me to visit SEN, and I did.

you was noob in just 2004?? I think you're not sharing all the facts JaFF ;)

I visited coz O)KABOOM(O told me to.

None.

May 18 2008, 8:14 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #38

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from SiN
i was directed here in like Nov of 05 by DarkShadowBlade? or something like that, when i had first got into mapping.
lol I think I know that kid. Unless his name was just similar. >.>
(Friend of a friend... irl yo)
And, knowing my memory, I may be horribly wrong. I've been with SC so long that I've even seen repeated usernames, but different people.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

May 18 2008, 8:15 pm Echo Post #39

Quote from Doodan
June 10th, 2005 - member # 5377. :P

Quote from FatalException
August 21st, 2005 - member # 6361. :bleh:
How are you finding this?

None.

May 18 2008, 8:19 pm Doodan Post #40

memory

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >