Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: COVID Vaccination?
COVID Vaccination?
Aug 10 2021, 4:49 am
By: Ultraviolet
Pages: < 1 2 3

Polls
Have you received a COVID 19 Vaccination
Have you received a COVID 19 Vaccination
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Yes 25

93%
No and do not plan to 1

4%
No but would like to 1

4%
Undecided as of yet 0

0%
None.
Prefer not to say 0

0%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 27 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Sep 15 2021, 10:33 pm Vrael Post #41

Quote from Zycorax
Got my second dose two days ago. Felt fine after the first one (Pfizer), but developed a fever in the evening after I got the second (Moderna). Was really uncomfortable while it was going on, but I was much better the morning after and now I'm feeling just fine again.
You know for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, you're supposed to get the same shot twice, not one of each right?

None.

Sep 15 2021, 11:58 pm Ultraviolet Post #42

Don't stop till you get enough

Quote from Vrael
Quote from Zycorax
Got my second dose two days ago. Felt fine after the first one (Pfizer), but developed a fever in the evening after I got the second (Moderna). Was really uncomfortable while it was going on, but I was much better the morning after and now I'm feeling just fine again.
You know for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, you're supposed to get the same shot twice, not one of each right?

I know I'm persona non grata here, but I'm not here to argue. Just wanted to add I've heard that in some nations they mix and match, presumably due to lack of availability, I believe.

Sep 16 2021, 1:13 am Zycorax Post #43

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

Quote from Vrael
Quote from Zycorax
They've been mixing the two a lot here recently, as Moderna has become more widely available. The two are supposed to be very similar, so I'm assuming it doesn't matter if you get one of each. While waiting after getting the second, I even heard one of the nurses claim that having one of each was slightly more effective than having two of the same. No idea if that's true or not, but if it is, then yay!
Turns out that those who initially got the AstraZeneca vaccine for their first dose got Pfizer or Moderna for their second, after the use of AZ got suspended in Norway, so I guess it really doesn't matter, as AZ is built differently to the other two.

Sep 16 2021, 2:19 am Vrael Post #44

I suppose that's plausible, but you should probably double check with your healthcare provider.

None.

Sep 16 2021, 8:17 am Oh_Man Post #45

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Just get 2 of each

Sep 16 2021, 9:10 am NudeRaider Post #46

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Just get all of them. Every day. Just to be safe, you know.

Sep 17 2021, 1:13 am Apos Post #47

I order you to forgive yourself!

I was perfectly healthy before I caught covid. I got it back in November 2020, my symptoms were pretty mild but I wouldn't wish them on anyone. It took me 3 weeks before I started feeling better. I was pretty tired most of the time. At some point during the first 3 weeks I lost my taste and didn't recover it until February. It's incredibly weird when the stuff you eat has the right texture but no taste. Even after that, I had neurological damage with my taste buds. I ate spaghetti at some point and then for a good 2 weeks everything tasted like spaghetti (maybe you think that tastes good, but it's not when everything has the same taste). I used to like Cheerios but now it taste wrong, nothing like I remember it tasting. Other cereals seem ok. I get brain fog from time to time which didn't used to happen before, those days I can barely get any work done.

Got my vaccine as soon as I could. Definitely hoping I won't catch a variant.

Worst part is that I caught it through no fault of my own. I was being extra careful for months barely going out. A woman I don't know had to get tested because her husband caught it. Before she got the test results, she went to my dad's work, everyone caught it. I caught it from my dad.

Sep 17 2021, 2:06 am Voyager7456 Post #48

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

We've been mixing and matching here in Canada too. I got double Pfizer but my wife got Pfizer/Moderna. She was slightly more sore than I was the next day, but no major symptoms.

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Sep 18 2021, 9:34 pm Andrea Rosa Post #49

Beware the Four Horsemen of Vaccination!

Sep 19 2021, 12:43 am Ultraviolet Post #50

Don't stop till you get enough

I definitely don't want any of those guys inside me :unsure: :boxed:

Sep 19 2021, 1:05 am Andrea Rosa Post #51

Quote from Ultraviolet
I definitely don't want any of those guys inside me :unsure: :boxed:

Seems legit. I had an intimate date with Moderna, recently. He said he had candy... he lied!

Sep 21 2021, 4:29 am Oh_Man Post #52

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

That sux Apos. What does brain fog feel like?

Yesterday, 3:07 am Apos Post #53

I order you to forgive yourself!

Quote from Oh_Man
That sux Apos. What does brain fog feel like?

It's hard to explain, it's like I lose the ability to solve problems. I don't even feel like that when I get drunk. I tried to code a tic-tac-toe game the other day and I couldn't do it. Good thing it's not like that every day.

Yesterday, 6:58 am Zincoshine Post #54

Norway has just ended the pandemic domestically thanks to the patriotic efforts of its citizens who took responsibility in maintaining social distancing and wearing masks while the vaccination program was ongoing and whom also took the vaccine themselves (over 90% of adults above 17 have taken the first shot and it's expected it will be over 90% fully vaccinated in the coming 2-6 weeks). Life is now almost completely back to normal with the sole exception of airplanes and airports still maintaining restrictions.

This is what life would be like in the US since 3 months ago if it weren't for the vaccine sceptics.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Yesterday, 10:41 am by Zincoshine.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum