Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Back on the job, needing aid.
Back on the job, needing aid.
Nov 2 2012, 8:46 pm
By: SCRuler
Pages: < 1 2 3 46 >

Nov 12 2012, 11:02 pm SCRuler Post #21

Fuck everything i mentioned above. I replaced the dropship with the Zephyr. It still has the dropship thruster graphics even though I redirected it to use the Wraith thrusters, and when it attacks with the attack I gave it, it crashes the game. I would like help with it but I have a weirder problem with my modded vulture.

I made it an air-attack only vehicle and for some reason, whenever it attacks, when it for some reason has to wait, it lays an unselectable, unhatching Zerg Egg. I looked through the iscript of it, and I dont think I made any mistakes. I genuinely dont understand what's going on with it.
Also, I dont know how to implement everything PLUS firegraft.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Nov 13 2012, 3:16 am by SCRuler.

None.

Nov 13 2012, 4:10 am Sand Wraith Post #22

she/her

The Zerg Egg is probably a problem in your weapons.dat. Its weapon probably doesn't have the correct behaviour (like fly and follow, fly/don't follow, appear on target, etc.).

These behaviours also usually have some sort of iscript concern associated with them.

-

To use Firegraft with your mod:

First, you compile your mod data into an MPQ.

Then, you make whatever changes you need in Firegraft.

Afterwards, when you save your changes in Firegraft, it will ask you if you want to import an MPQ and/or icon into the final EXE. Simply select your MPQ.

Nov 13 2012, 8:21 pm SCRuler Post #23

Well the weapon launches the proper way, it just lays the egg sometimes when it has to wait or something, like when the target moves away and the vulture itself goes into automatic.
Also, know what the issue is with the dropship? I really need it. Also, does the version of Firegraft and starcraft matter?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 13 2012, 8:43 pm by SCRuler.

None.

Nov 13 2012, 10:43 pm Sand Wraith Post #24

she/her

Firegraft reads in data files that tell it how to properly patch StarCraft for each version of SC. Having the latest version of the Firegraft tool is sufficient, but you also require the correct data files (ie. addresses) for the correct SC version.
You can find the latest Firegraft patches at BWAI.

Post the iscript of the Vulture, its weapon, and a screenshot of the weapons.dat file opened up to your weapon in DATEdit or whatever you use.

Dropship crash may be due to iscript or weapons.dat errors. Post these as well.

Nov 13 2012, 11:15 pm SCRuler Post #25

I reupgraded to 1.16.1. Works fine except after a little while, Firegraft has some stupid error that I dont understand and then doesn't function at all, even to save.

Collapse Box

Collapse Box

Wait, you want the weapon iscript of the Vulture? what is that under?

screenshots:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/210/screenshotdat2.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/screenshotdat1.png/

Edit: also, I have a distinctive problem: I turned the firebat hero into a Medic, and simply gave it the medic buttonset. Yet, it still doesn't have Heal, but has the other abilities.
Also, I gave the Ghost Heroes buttonset Maelstrom to replace Lockdown (I did the same for ghosts) and Mind Control. But Kerrigan, while having the Mind control ability, doesnt have maelstrom.
And the Infested Ghost I made out of the Devouring One doesn't have Cloak even though I enabled it.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 14 2012, 12:11 am by Roy. Reason: Edit your previous post instead of double-posting

None.

Nov 14 2012, 12:08 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #26

👻 👾 👽 💪

Sounds like button requirements. And I believe cloaking is hardcoded to work with ghosts and wraiths.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Nov 14 2012, 12:20 am SCRuler Post #27

the button requirements have been taken care of, I'm sure of it. I can send you the files if you wish, to check.
That said, I managed to fix the Dropship bomb problem. I switched the way the attack appears, but it doesn't continue the attack until I continuously click. I think it's an iscript problem... You can check the iscripts i provided.
One of my bigger problems remains the retarded egg laying launch vector.
I also just discovered that I can't have two different structures with the same upgrade/research options like for example giving the Cerebrate Psi storm as well as Personnel cloaking. I think it's related to why the Infested Ghost can't cloak even though it's pasted over Infested Duran, despite the fact that psi storm still appears in grey while cloak doesnt. I dunno.
And I'm still curious as to why heal doesn't appear for gui montag.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 14 2012, 2:41 am by SCRuler.

None.

Nov 14 2012, 3:33 am Sand Wraith Post #28

she/her

Arclite Shock Cannon Hit needs to be Appear on Target unless you give it the correct iscript.

For the Dropship, try looking in the AI settings tab in the units.dat.

Not sure about the egg problem, although I've seen and fixed it before. try using the default weapon graphic for vulture and see if it still makes eggs. Or try using Dragoon's bullet.

Nov 14 2012, 3:37 am SCRuler Post #29

ok. I had fixed the errors with the dropship, and your suggestions with the Vulture attack graphic were correct. It still doesnt look proper though... would a different missile graphic work?
Also, to my biggest issues: I finally got the button to appear for heal on gui montag, but even when I click on it and apply it to a wounded unit, it does nothing. Is it because it has an attack or what? I forget what happened last time I tried this.
And is it a fact that no two different structures can have the same upgrades/research options? because that's how it appears. How do I deal with that?

Ok, news: I altered lockdown to be like maelstrom. Works perfectly more or less. I gave the infested ghost Feedback instead of psi storm, and I gave it burrow/unburrow. But for some reason, while Feedback works perfectly, unburrow takes precedence over burrow.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Nov 14 2012, 9:04 pm by SCRuler.

None.

Nov 14 2012, 11:02 pm Sand Wraith Post #30

she/her

If by "unburrow takes precedence over burrow" you mean the Unburrow button shows up when the unit is already unburrowed, chances are, the issue lies in button settings which can be altered in Firegraft.

What do you mean by "doesn't look proper?" Does the Dragoon bullet not work, or it does work but it creates an egg in addition to shooting the bullet?

Heal issue is probably hardcoded. If you have the latest EXE edits for Firegraft from BWAI, you might be able to find something that has to do with Medic's heal in the EXE edits tab.

Heal issue may also have something to do with ability/tech requirements. Check this first before investigating the EXE edits.

Nov 14 2012, 11:16 pm SCRuler Post #31

well, disregard what I said about the vulture. everything's proper now.
And I have no exe edits to my knowledge. How do I find them? I investigated a lot about the ability requirements. I just fixed the tech requirements for burrowing and the problem still originates. I can take screenshots if you wish.

None.

Nov 14 2012, 11:21 pm Sand Wraith Post #32

she/her

Look at how a Zergling's or Lurker's burrow/unburrow buttons are set up.

EXE edits are a tab in Firegraft.

Nov 14 2012, 11:25 pm SCRuler Post #33

I did. They are identical.
As for the EXE edits, there are only two values available. Would plugins help?

None.

Nov 15 2012, 4:16 am Sand Wraith Post #34

she/her

Examine their iscripts then. It may have something to do with sigorders, although I kind of doubt that.

Plugins? Maybe, but you would have to manually make a Heal function - you wouldn't just be able to use StarCraft's built-in one (unless you know assembly and have an analysis of SCBW ready to refer to).

It may also have something to do with AI orders in the units.dat. Compare the Medic and your healer unit.

IIRC though, Heal is pretty hardcoded.

Nov 15 2012, 7:38 pm SCRuler Post #35

you were right about the AI orders Sand Wraith. I finally managed to get my Hero Medic to heal!
Now for the burrow issues...

also, is it possible to make the zergling morph into something using, say, the Young Chrysalis?

Edit: I examined several things that I figured would have to do with the inability to burrow. But I seriously do not understand what's going on with burrow.

And last thing: I still need the red Khaydarin formation and possibly the crystal fragment powerup itself, and a darker colored Reaver. By the way, is it possible to fuse the Reaver and the Observer? like copypaste the reaver shit over the Observer so I can have both the Scarab upgrades and the speed and sight upgrades?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 15 2012, 8:47 pm by SCRuler.

None.

Nov 15 2012, 10:46 pm Sand Wraith Post #36

she/her

I believe morphing is also p hardcoded. Check EXE edits for any clues.

I still don't understand what exactly are the problems you are having with burrow. You need to describe down to the letter what is not happening and when, including before and after and during the problem. A problem with burrow can mean a million different things.

Ask Excalibur to see if he is willing to do GRP recolours.

It would probably be easier to put the Observer upgrades on to the Reaver rather than the other way around. You should be able to do this in EXE edits.

Nov 15 2012, 11:01 pm SCRuler Post #37

the only problem with burrow is the icon and function for unburrow is present while not burrowed in the first place. I dont know where the issues are.
How can I put the observer upgrades on the reaver? or for that matter, any unit? I will investigate but I probably won't find it anyway so please advise me.
And I will go find Excalibur now.

None.

Nov 15 2012, 11:09 pm Sand Wraith Post #38

she/her

A lot of range/sight upgrades are linked to an offset that represents the unit the upgrade applies to. Just look in the EXE edits, I'm very sure it's there. Look through every single folder and subfolder if you have to.

To debug the button problem, place the burrow and unburrow buttons at blank grid locations and see if one shows up and the other does not.

Nov 15 2012, 11:17 pm SCRuler Post #39

You mean EXE Edits in firegraft, right?
I dont know how to edit this shit and I dont see how this works.

None.

Nov 16 2012, 12:01 am Sand Wraith Post #40

she/her

:l
You need to learn how to figure things out on your own, because there are only a few experienced modders left, most of whom don't actually mod anymore.

Steps:

1) open firegraft
2) open your exe (or make a new one)
3) go to EXE Edits tab at the top right
4) Find Upgrades/Sight Range/Sight Range Upgrade Connected to Unit
5) Read the box below the list of units
6) modify Observer so that it has no sight range upgrade attached to it (but remember the original value)
7) modify the Reaver so that it has the Observer's original value

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 46 >
  Back to forum