Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Back on the job, needing aid.
Back on the job, needing aid.
Nov 2 2012, 8:46 pm
By: SCRuler
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 6 >

Sep 5 2014, 10:35 pm Sand Wraith Post #61

she/her

(1) Firegraft: No idea then, sorry.

(2) What do need help with specifically? The scripting? No idea about the Afterburner spell, I think there might be a bug with it the last time I remember someone tried to play with it, but I don't remember, try it out.

(3) Stealth generation like with the Protoss Arbiter is done through AI actions. I don't remember how the range of it works -- either sight range of ground weapon range.

(4) I have no idea what you mean by this merging.

(5) I think there is a specific hallucination palette but I don't remember.

Sep 5 2014, 10:42 pm SCRuler Post #62

1) yeah, this is a strange happening. how the hell does it detect version?
2)Regardless of the afterburner spell, I kind of need help with the script due to the size of the grp.
3) I know how it's done, I just need help with putting together a proper sprite based on the siege-tank based one I have.
4) I'm debating it but what I mean by merge is giving the arbiter the scarab attack.
5) That's troublesome. So I'd have to turn all the colors red to make it the way I want?

None.

Sep 6 2014, 3:36 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #63

👻 👾 👽 💪

for 5), The hallucination palettes are tileset\*\shift.pcx, where * is one of each of the tilesets (which means you have to edit it 8 times). You can probably recolor it in Photoshop or something (I don't know how -- you just need to make sure the palette is unchanged), or you can use PalEditII if you want ... I was trying to find a topic for it but it seems I never made one at SEN, and Maplantis is still broken. ;o Basically click Open under "Special Palette", find a shift.pcx, hit Edit, where it says "Special Pal: [ ]" type 0, hit Edit Selected Row, then Fill. Hit 'Choose' and find red (I probably could've made it so you type in a specific RGB ... xD), then set opacity to something like .6 and hit 'Fill'. You'll get something like this:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 6 2014, 3:37 am by FaRTy1billion.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Sep 6 2014, 7:39 am Sand Wraith Post #64

she/her

(1) Check SCBW's version by looking in the bottom right corner of the main menu. If it says 1.16.1, I can give you my copy of Firegraft which should work perfectly.

(2) Feel free to upload the grp file and I will take a look at it when I can. If the raider grp is similar to that of the Valkyrie, I.e. a mechanical ship, using the same script might work. Ship grps are typically easy to write as they don't have much complexity per animation.

(3) I'm afraid I don't understand. Do you need another graphic? Script? Sorry, need more info.

(4) Basically, without going into plugins, you'll have to use the Reaver's unit id and give it the Archon's graphics. There will likely be ostia along the way, but at that point it would just be scripting for the Archon image to behave similarly to the Reaver's (in particular, I think you'll have to make sure that animations that have an order signal in the Reaver's script also have order signal opcodes in the Archon's animations.

Sep 6 2014, 12:43 pm SCRuler Post #65

1) I have a copy of 1.16 firegraft, but it doesn't have the exe edits. I just got the downgrader, and I also discovered what I was doing wrong this morning: I was loading the EXE instead of the MPQ. I feel like an idiot but yeah.
2) I will, it's identical to the Valkyrie except bigger and has more frames for some reason. I will edit this post shortly after posting it to bring up the raider grp.

3) I think I'd need some sort of kitbash, as the only thing I have is the "siege mode" grp. Are you aware of the "stealth Generator" grp in the SC1 files? it only has a few frames, and there isn't any sort of "tank mode" graphic around that would be comparatively seamless.

I am aware of how difficult working with Siege mode is, but one bright spot is that I am in possession of the SC Revolution mod, and what he does is pretty good: I'm fairly sure he adds a couple of siege-mode type units, notably giving the Zealot "berserker zealot" mode (by using Zealot Fenix) and the dragoon "overcharged Dragoon" (by using Dragoon Fenix and somehow causing it to turn it's color black and non-functioning but still selectable, amazingly enough). I can't access how it works though, unfortunately, as there is no mpq in the files I have for it and thus I can't analyze it's firegraft or dats.
4) I figured as much. and it was "arbiter", not archon, but I figure your points are still on point. I'm probably going to use the custom graphic I'm using right now for the dark Scout.

5) Thanks Farty.
Edit: for 5) I have a nice dark red hallucination state. I might try to re-edit but right now it looks good.

Now I can't do much with Firegraft after 1.15.2, so I got a different "2013" Firegraft. It works marvellously, and the best part is it looks like it has exe edits and works with 1.16. Is this the one you have, sand?

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Sep 6 2014, 3:44 pm by SCRuler.

None.

Sep 7 2014, 1:04 am Sand Wraith Post #66

she/her

(1) 2013? Yes, that sounds about right. Here is mine: http://puu.sh/boDoy/63fe33338b.7z
The date I have for it is 2013/11/15. Its memory patch locations list is ready for SCBW 1.16.1. For future reference, please write "1.16.1" if you mean "1.16.1", I can't tell if you're truncating the last ".1" or if you're legitimately playing and modding for SCBW 1.16(.0).

(2) You can outright delete all of the duplicate frames. The script for this unit would be very simple. Just copy over the Valkyrie's and rename the block labels to something relevant to the Raider. Or, just use the Valkyrie's script for this image and modify it to your particular liking. Nothing complicated here.

(3) I can't help you with the art assets. I know of the GRP to which you refer. I have done something similar to the Berserk Mode Zealot. I accomplished it by using adding an image overlay during a spell animation of the original Zealot and then hiding the original Zealot image. The image overlay used a modified Zealot graphic with wings. After a few seconds, the unit was ordered to use another spell animation which revealed the original Zealot and destroyed the modified Zealot overlay. Extending this to also change the unit ID for the Zealot upon cast would not be too difficult. This process requires plugins, potentially orders.dat changes, script changes, and order signal usage.

Sep 7 2014, 1:44 am SCRuler Post #67

1) I think I have 1.16.2, but it works perfectly so far.
2) I'll try that sometime.
3) Ok, awesome. I think I know how to do make the grp myself, but I'd probably need some guidance.
4) I contacted Excalibur and he apparently doesn't do kitbashes anymore. So nobody else does kitbashes anymore?
5) Is it possible to give the Arbiter energy upgrade to the Reaver for my combining attempt?
Edit: I looked at the EXE edits for it and the list stops at 71, well before the Reaver. is there a solution?
6) First person I find who can and will do grp editing and stuff: I have a few grps colored dark red. They're a little rough, but I enjoy the color of them. however, they could be smoothed out. Also, I would like a siege tank with the turret replaced by the wingtips of a battlecruiser a la the "Stealth generator".

7: I was testing with Firegraft and I have a couple issues. First, I gave the lockdown a blue maelstrom form. but it apparently crashes when I attack a battlecruiser with it. it said missing script (34 I think?)
Also, trying to morph a cerebrate and select it causes crashing, and I want it for Infested Ghosts.
I realized what I did wrong for that one. Still have a blue maelstrom problem.

Post has been edited 5 time(s), last time on Sep 9 2014, 6:08 pm by SCRuler.

None.

Sep 10 2014, 8:19 pm SCRuler Post #68

Ok, might as well do it like this, since nobody's replied to my questions.

None.

Sep 11 2014, 7:13 am Sand Wraith Post #69

she/her

I literally have no advice to help you. Sorry!

Sep 11 2014, 7:46 pm SCRuler Post #70

oh ok.

None.

Sep 14 2014, 2:27 am SCRuler Post #71

Can anyone tell me how to handle making spider mines actually movable and controllable? I gave them the buttons in Firegraft, but they dont respond.

None.

Sep 14 2014, 5:15 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #72

👻 👾 👽 💪

Did you edit the AI actions in DatEdit?

EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Sep 14 2014, 4:27 pm SCRuler Post #73

Edit: Well, I fixed the attack thing, and I am officially addicted to the "EMP Shockwave" overlay. SO now for a list of issues and fixed stuff I have.

Fixed:
-InfKerrigan's attack Iscript, where it was previously stuck to having no projectiles.
-strange and just plain unfitting "thingys" for the theme I'm going for the protoss. At least, mostly. I'm pretty much addicted to the "EMP Shockwave" mapping.
-my issues with the Messenger and Combat Medic scripts and stuff. Perfectly working.

Issues/Desires:
-InfKerrigan's burrow iscript is there, but doesn't include any graphic changes, especially since the grp doesnt have one. It crashes because it's looking for a memory location. I dont know why it's causing that, the iscript doesnt feature anything inaccessible.
-the energy upgrade for the arbiter isn't able to be transferred to the reaver's ID in Firegraft. The list literally stops at Arbiter. So by that extension, should I send everything back to the Arbiter and by extension give it Scarabs? Would it be easy or not?
-What do I have to do to do the "overcharged Dragoon" thing that is featured in the SC Revolution mod? Or would it be easier to make a different unit from one of the heroes to act as an anti-air ground support unit?
-Is it possible to duplicate a spell so that it can be researched separately by two structures?
-Is it possible to change the shield recharge function from the Shield Battery to, say, the Bishop?
-Finally, I will be ready within a few weeks for voice work .wavs to be inserted. I'm probably going to have a lot of voiced characters so isn't there a way to be able to provide a bigger list to gain from for DatEdit to run from?

Post has been edited 6 time(s), last time on Sep 15 2014, 10:56 pm by SCRuler.

None.

Sep 16 2014, 6:03 pm Sand Wraith Post #74

she/her

InfK burrow script: May have to do with her Type number. The IceCC manual comes with a list of types and animations that they will use. Some types can use the burrow animations while others don't. May also have to do with sigorder. I would recommend investigating a really simple burrow script that does not attempt to use custom frames -- only the barebones so that you can determine if the button set changes to allow you to unburrow.

Might also want to check button sets for burrow/unburrow.

Energy: I'm not sure how to help with that. You could try modifying the *.fgp file to allow you to select the Reaver but it would likely crash.

Dragoon: No idea what the "overcharged Dragoon" is. Please describe. As for implementation details: use an ordinary unit ID if you want the AI to build it because if I recall correctly, IskatuMesk (or someone else) realized that unit IDs originally associated with Hero units are not built by the AI. If your mod is to be played by humans only, then it doesn't matter, it's up to you.

Spell: Not sure. I don't think so. The button would be connected to a technology. You might make two techs, buttons, and spells that are really similar but are still using different IDs though.

Shield: I literally have no idea what you're asking. Bishop? I think someone investigated giving the recharge function to another unit ID and it worked decently/perfectly but I don't know exactly how they did it. Just try giving the Bishop the button.

Voices: not sure. Don't think so. There are a fair number of sounds that are only used in very specific circumstances though (or not at all) so you can repurpose them for your mod. E.g. Hero unit sound sets, certain sound effects (like a certain Hydralisk's hit sound, etc.).

Sep 16 2014, 8:11 pm SCRuler Post #75

1) I'll try that.
2) I think it'd be safer to bring the spells back to the Arbiter and bring the Scarab stuff over. How easy/possible would that be? I wanna double check before I do anything.
3) I dont think I care much about IDs for spells, I just wanna know how to make a new spell or whatever.
4) the SC Revolution mod had a "overcharged Dragoon" that had the Archon "atom" overlay, higher attack and attack speed, and was stuck in place, where after a few moments it's team color would turn to black and while selectable, would be prone for a while.
As for the "implementation details", I guess that's why the Infested Ghost isn't working much for AI.
5) The Bishop is the name for my fusion between the Arbiter and the Reaver. I'll try it, and I think I saw something in the EXE edits.
6) I thought Farty or someone else told me I could increase the list.

None.

Sep 16 2014, 8:12 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #76

👻 👾 👽 💪

Sorry, you can add to the TBL file but you can't add .dat entries.

Sep 16 2014, 8:16 pm SCRuler Post #77

Aww crap. That'll complicate things.

Edit: Just tried to apply "Recharge Shields" to the "Bishop". Not workin'. So I guess that means I will have to repurpose the Shield Battery.

So all in all, would anybody be able to formulate a few plugins? And is there a limit to the .dat for images to add some of the Beta stuff?

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Sep 17 2014, 1:37 am by SCRuler.

None.

Sep 20 2014, 7:58 pm SCRuler Post #78

I am trying to use an exe edit for recall.
I'm going to apply it to the Warp Gate, and make the Reaver into a "sentry" unit so that it can build the Warp Gate, and probably give it a new attack as well, as I'm moving the Scarabs to the Arbiter, making it the "Bishop". Is it possible to make two spells, and have one as Recall and turn the other one into original Recall?

None.

Sep 21 2014, 12:42 am SCRuler Post #79

Do I need to use iscript for the warp gate to be able to use "reverse" recall?

None.

Sep 21 2014, 3:47 am Sand Wraith Post #80

she/her

Quote from SCRuler
Do I need to use iscript for the warp gate to be able to use "reverse" recall?

No, you shouldn't need one. At most, you /might/ need a CastSpell animation if it does end up crashing.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 6 >
  Back to forum