Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Super Smash Bros (N64)
Super Smash Bros (N64)
Sep 28 2011, 6:14 pm
By: Jesusfreak  

Oct 5 2011, 4:39 am TomWaits Post #21

Quote from Jesusfreak
Noob question: What's Z-Cancelling?

(Also, I hate Fox. Besides him being too fast for me to control and aim, it seems like every other person uses Fox, especially in the newer games.)

Don't be silly! Everybody uses Fox for a reason. Choosing Yoshi is like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

(I have used Fox and only Fox for every iteration of SSB. Unfortunately, this means I am garbage with nearly every other character. :( )

None.

Oct 5 2011, 5:49 am Roy Post #22

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from Jesusfreak
Noob question: What's Z-Cancelling?
It's exactly what it sounds like. You're in the middle of certain lengthy attacks and can cancel it or improve recovery by tapping Z. The move that comes to my mind is Link's Down-Air, which you can Z-Cancel when he touches the ground, vastly improving his recovery time.

Feb 25 2012, 9:36 pm Roy Post #23

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Bumping for great justice.

I was actually in a Smash Bros 64 tournament yesterday (and won). I played as Captain Falcon. There were a lot of typical Kirby players in the tournament, but most of them got eliminated fairly early on. Before the semi-quarters, the rounds were set to 4FFA to eliminate a lot of players from the bracket. There were a lot of Links, which surprised me: I consider Link to be hardmode. Nobody (that I saw, at least) played as Yoshi, DK, Luigi or Jigglypuff, and the only other Captain Falcon I saw was just terrible.

Here's my results:

Semi-Quarter-Finals: 1 life left vs Pikachu (Stage: Planet Zebes)
Quarter-Finals: 1 life left vs Kirby (Stage: Congo Jungle)
Semi-Finals: All 3 lives left vs Fox (Stage: Congo Jungle)
Finals: 1 life left vs Fox (Stage: Hyrule Field)

It sounds closer than it was, though; I was always leading in my games (except the very beginning against Kirby, but even then, I got the first kill), and the only reason I died vs Pikachu was because of the stage. Everyone at the tournament was talking about how Captain Falcon was an awful character, but hopefully I changed a few minds.

Anyway, how did your tournament go, JesusFreak? It's about time you told us.

Feb 25 2012, 9:48 pm ClansAreForGays Post #24

I won a ten player tournament with snake. Just sayin

Recently however, I'm convinced Lucario is broken. He has no down time, so I just can't stop him.

Feb 26 2012, 11:07 pm FatalException Post #25

Quote from ClansAreForGays
snake

Lucario
Quote from Topic title
(N64)
:|

None.

Feb 26 2012, 11:42 pm ClansAreForGays Post #26

We started talking about smash in general a while back already. Grow up.

Options
  Back to forum