Nation States
Mar 15 2011, 4:21 am
By: Fire_Kame
Pages: < 1 « 9 10 11 12 1317 >

Apr 13 2011, 3:01 pm poison_us Post #201

Back* from the grave

Quote from Wing Zero
I sent my assassins a fruit basket :P
+1'd for peacefully infuriating them...though at first I thought it said "in a fruit basket".

Apr 13 2011, 3:17 pm Wing Zero Post #202

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Would have been awesome if i got that option

Apr 13 2011, 5:39 pm Fire_Kame Post #203

wth is starcraft

# 8 minutes ago: Following new legislation in SunsSon, more and more students are taking up a career in medicine.
# 8 minutes ago: Following new legislation in SunsSon, teenage fathers are forced to join the army.

WINNING

Apr 14 2011, 11:32 am poison_us Post #204

Back* from the grave

5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Poisonopolis, religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else.

:kame:

Apr 14 2011, 1:18 pm Voyager7456 Post #205

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

Something that I whole-heartedly support in the real world as well...

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Apr 14 2011, 2:55 pm payne Post #206

:payne:

Hear in Québec, we hear a lot that the USA actually reduces the taxes for the sects. Is it true?

None.

Apr 14 2011, 4:04 pm poison_us Post #207

Back* from the grave

Probably. We do a lot of stupid shit.

Apr 14 2011, 6:03 pm DevliN Post #208

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Lesbian Nationalists is ranked 1st in Mooseville and 8,969th in the world for Most Avoided.

:flowers:

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 14 2011, 6:16 pm Vrael Post #209

Quote from payne
Hear in Québec, we hear a lot that the USA actually reduces the taxes for the sects. Is it true?
Here** in Québec

Religious organizations, like all other non-profit charitable organizations, don't pay taxes, yes.

None.

Apr 14 2011, 7:39 pm poison_us Post #210

Back* from the grave

A coalition of expectant mothers (Mothers 4 Justice) has banded together to demand legislation allowing for six months of fully paid maternity leave.

"Six months?! Six WHOLE months?!" blusters Melbourne Johnson, a payroll manager. "Six whole months of being fully paid by our company for doing nothing but looking after a baby?! This will sink the small businesses and lose us an obscene amount of revenue! We cannot allow this to pass!"

[Accept]

"I believe that passing this law will be a step in the right direction," says Buffy Falopian, the nation's most outspoken feminist advocate. "These kids need their mothers' love and attention during an important part of their growth development! I don't see why mums should be forced to juggle with the stress of bringing up children and having a job! It's simply too much! Six months maternity leave with full pay is what this country needs - even if it is at the expense of a few avaricious fat cats."

[Accept]

"Look, I've got an idea," says Dave Wu, an obsessive centrist. "Perhaps we can allow for six months of paid maternity leave, but have the government pay the companies for lost revenue? That way the mothers can bring up their children without financial worries, companies won't lose investors, and everyone will be happy. Apart from the taxpayers, of course, but you can't please everyone."

[Accept]

Goodbye civil rights ratings.

Apr 14 2011, 11:42 pm payne Post #211

:payne:

Quote from Vrael
Quote from payne
Hear in Qu�bec, we hear a lot that the USA actually reduces the taxes for the sects. Is it true?
Here** in Qu�bec

Religious organizations, like all other non-profit charitable organizations, don't pay taxes, yes.
Ya, I knew that. Don't know why I wrote "Hear". :><:
Nevertheless, thank you. =)

None.

Apr 15 2011, 5:59 am Vrael Post #212

18 minutes ago: The Empire of Infernland ceased to exist.
D:

None.

Apr 15 2011, 11:38 am poison_us Post #213

Back* from the grave

Quote from Vrael
18 minutes ago: The Empire of Infernland ceased to exist.
D:
:awesome:

Apr 15 2011, 11:45 am MadZombie Post #214

Is it too late to join 3:

None.

Apr 15 2011, 11:47 am poison_us Post #215

Back* from the grave

It's not too late, it's never too late.

Apr 15 2011, 2:34 pm Fire_Kame Post #216

wth is starcraft

It has come to your attention that there is some serious debate over whether SunsSon's postal service should be either privatised or nationalised.
Why does NationStates read my mind?

Apr 17 2011, 5:06 am Wing Zero Post #217

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

I am bringing an extinct species back to life :D

Apr 18 2011, 11:59 pm Zycorax Post #218

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

"If you ask me," says Freddy Spirit, from behind a cloud of smoke. "We should just let everyone have drugs for free! If the government legalised and subsidised all these 'bad' drugs and gave 'em out to everyone, all our problems would be solved! There'd be no more drug traffickers, or thugs robbing old ladies to feed their addictions! 'Course there'd be a bit of a detrimental effect healthwise and to the drug industries, but the beauty of it all is that everyone will be too doped up to care!"
Why do I always get these utterly fucked up options when my nation is beginning to do well? I just can't resist the temptation of this!

Apr 19 2011, 8:18 pm poison_us Post #219

Back* from the grave

"Scum is such a harsh word. Everyone has something worthwhile to contribute, as my mother always said." says Buffy McAlpin, controversial social theorist and fountain of homespun folk wisdom. "Even if they won't pay their taxes, folks ought to have other ways to pay back into society. They could spend some time with the civil service or military reserve, for example. And goodness knows, blood and organ donation rates aren't as high as they could be. A pint of blood or a good kidney ought to pay a tax bill right proper."

Trollface.

EDIT:

14 hours ago: Poisonopolis was reclassified from "Capitalizt" to "Anarchy".

:lol:

Apr 19 2011, 8:30 pm Voyager7456 Post #220

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

My nation switches back and forth from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Left-Leaning College State"

Perfect.

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Options
Pages: < 1 « 9 10 11 12 1317 >
  Back to forum