Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: TESV: Skyrim
TESV: Skyrim
Dec 12 2010, 5:47 am
By: Fisty
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 721 >

Jan 19 2011, 7:51 pm MadZombie Post #81

>4E 1 — End of the Oblivion Crisis
>* The banishing of Mehrunes Dagon from Tamriel by >the Champion of Cyrodiil, Martin Septim, and the >avatar of Akatosh ends the Oblivion Crisis. The >Septim bloodline ends and the Amulet of Kings is >destroyed. The Third Era ends, marking the >beginning of the Fourth.
>* The Fourth Era begins with no Emperor on the >throne of Tamriel. High Chancellor Ocato, the Elder >Council, and the Blades try to maintain order. The >provinces start to take opportunities on the state of >Empire.
>4E ?? — The Empire Collapses
>* Black Marsh secedes from the Empire; it is >soon followed by Elsweyr.
>4E ?? — Titus Mede is crowned the new emperor by >conquest.
>4E ?? — Morrowind is conquered by the Argonians.
>* With the absence of Vivec, the Ministry of Truth >becomes unstable. Vuhon creates an Ingenium in >order to keep the rock stable by using first dozens of >dying souls, then a small number of living ones as >fuel. Sul fights Vuhon over his wife, who was being >used as a living battery causing the Ministry of Truth >to crash into Vvardenfell, destroying much of the >island and killing many of the people. The Argonians >of Black Marsh invade and conquer the crippled >Dunmer.
>4E 18 — Prince Attrebus Mede is born.
>4E 23 — Annaïg Hoïnart is born.
>c.4E 40s — The Infernal City
>* Umbriel, a floating city, appears on the coast of >Black Marsh, heading toward Morrowind. The city of >Lilmoth, Black Marsh, the home of Annaïg, is >destroyed in the process.
>c.4E 200s — The king of Skyrim dies.
>c.4E 200s — The Nords of Skyrim engage in a civil >war.

Argonians just got real.

None.

Jan 19 2011, 8:07 pm NicholasBeige Post #82

The point I was making about skooma/moon sugar was just the quirkiness. These things exist in real life, and if these fantasy role-playing games are striving for realism (Radiant Story etc) then why not?

I'm sick of generic bandits just being evil criminals. How about a gang of kidnappers who sell Khaajiit kids to the Aristocrats in Morrowind? What about skooma peddlers who run the docks and won't allow you to travel unless you run missions for them?

Sure Moon Sugar/Skooma had no major part to play in Morrowind. As far as I remember no dialog truly explored the nature of it and it's effects on society. And that's what made it great. It wasn't waved in your face all the time - shopkeepers just refuse to speak to you if you're carrying. Then there was the Skooma Den (which involved a quest from the Thieves guild I think) and yes - Kame, you're right IIRC, the Slave Trader in Suran would buy it off you. Nothing else was further explored with this slave selling, drug dealing individual. It was just alluded to. Which is enough. The audience of a game or film has an imagination and we should be allowed to use it - not have our hands held as the happy story of Cyrodiil unfolds before our eyes :).

For me Oblivion just seemed a bit shallow. No characters had that level of realism to fully immerse you. My opinion disagree if you want.

It's just a shame Skyrim won't be making use of this:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 19 2011, 8:14 pm by Cardinal.

None.

Jan 19 2011, 9:17 pm Voyager7456 Post #83

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

Quote from Fire_Kame
Huh. I wonder how NPCs will react when you drop either of those on the ground.

If they're Khajiit, exclaiming "sweet moon sugar!" and scrambling to pick it up? :P

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Jan 19 2011, 9:22 pm Fire_Kame Post #84

wth is starcraft

I do wish I could do the Twin Lamps quest line. I don't know if I never activated it or if it was incomplete. Really all I used slaves for was to practice speechcraft on, because for some reason it was generally easy and if they ended up hating you you usually didn't have to come back to them.

Also, does this mean Dunmer are now the slaves? That'd be neat.

Jan 19 2011, 9:39 pm Fisty Post #85

Quote from Voyager7456
Quote from Fire_Kame
Huh. I wonder how NPCs will react when you drop either of those on the ground.

If they're Khajiit, exclaiming "sweet moon sugar!" and scrambling to pick it up? :P
whatkhajitdoforyou?@hotmail.com

EDIT: MZ that timeline looks extremely promising, tells me just how much time is being spent on correcting the wrongs of Oblivion (IE: repetition, lame story, static world).

None.

Feb 12 2011, 6:23 pm Fire_Kame Post #86

wth is starcraft

Bumpan

so in light of TESV I've been playing Morrowind. I finish the quest with Wine-sot, he's the crazy guy who was 'cursed' and had his axe stolen by someone else. Anyways it turns out she is going to give it back...but he doesn't want to wait and since I'm always helping my lady friends I killed wine-sot. Went back to Caldera and the city was GONE. Literally. The buildings as well as people were gone. The only person was the chick hanging around wanting you to get her jewels. I hearthed out and when I went back everything existed again. D: Emulation glitch?

Feb 15 2011, 1:23 am MadZombie Post #87

I hear you can dual equip shields but you won't be able to attack with them. Fucking gay.

None.

Feb 24 2011, 4:29 pm NicholasBeige Post #88

Hold on to your booties, children!

None.

Feb 24 2011, 4:35 pm Fire_Kame Post #89

wth is starcraft

Its...its beautiful. Holy crap atmosphere. Nerdgasm. But dammit spiders?! Are yuo fricken kidding me? That was the worst part of WoW. They were EVERYWHERE.

Feb 24 2011, 5:07 pm NicholasBeige Post #90

Well in 2:54 of video footage I saw 1 second of spiders. I hope this is a trend we can assume will continue for the actual game.

None.

Feb 24 2011, 9:06 pm Fisty Post #91

November huh? Anyone wanna buy me a birthday present? :bleh:

None.

Feb 24 2011, 9:46 pm Jack Post #92

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

HOT.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Feb 24 2011, 10:36 pm Fire_Kame Post #93

wth is starcraft

Quote from name:Cardinal
Well in 2:54 of video footage I saw 1 second of spiders. I hope this is a trend we can assume will continue for the actual game.
but knowing my luck its the big baddie and the damn thing won't die or else will keep spinning webs and launching maggots. I'd rather face a giant anatomically correct wasp.

Feb 25 2011, 12:12 pm MadZombie Post #94

Poker face. No giant rats and a ton of 2 second in-game footage. not good enough for me. Mite b cool but I'm not going to already assume it's going to be the best thing ever. Never again ;_;

None.

Feb 26 2011, 6:30 pm Fire_Kame Post #95

wth is starcraft

I watched this again with sound on (yea yea sorry I was in class!) and I'm ever more stoked. I hope they keep the morrowind song in - that was pretty neat.

Mar 20 2011, 11:11 pm NicholasBeige Post #96

I am excite.

]

arghhh html to bbcode fail. i'll edit tomorzor.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 20 2011, 11:43 pm by Cardinal.

None.

Mar 22 2011, 10:10 am Fisty Post #97

Reminds me of that spot in Act 5 of Diablo 2 where you fight the Ancients.

None.

May 1 2011, 9:18 pm MadZombie Post #98

None.

Nov 12 2011, 1:52 am Zycorax Post #99

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

So, Skyrim has been out for just over a day here and I have to say that it's certainly living up to its expectations.
The game looks beautiful on ultra high settings and runs very smooth (although it has crashed once during the eight hours I've played it). I haven't encountered any major bugs so far, maybe except when enemies gets sort of stuck and just stand there while you're killing them. Oh well, it has saved my arse more than once :awesome: There were also this old lady with speedhack.
I really like the new leveling/perk system. Just like in Oblivion, you level up by using your different skills. Whenever you reach a new level, you get to choose a perk for one of the skills. The more points you got in a skill, the more perks you get to choose from. There's also the new crafting/upgrade skill (Smithing), which is kinda cool.

Also, fighting dragons is epic.

Nov 12 2011, 1:54 am Dem0n Post #100

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

omgomgomgomomg I've only been able to play for like 20 minutes but it's already awesome. :O I have it on the xbox (;_;) and the graphisc look pretty damn nice for a console. I'm a thieving/archer elf with badass intimidating war paint. :D

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 721 >
  Back to forum