Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: TESV: Skyrim
TESV: Skyrim
Dec 12 2010, 5:47 am
By: Fisty
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 621 >

Jan 18 2011, 1:15 pm NicholasBeige Post #61

They must either be very far in with the development of this, and have an iron-curtain style lockdown on all their employee's considering the substantial lack of leaked information. Pretty much everything about Skyrim comes from the official sources.

Or

They're gonna have a made scramble in the next 10 months to give us everything they've promised.

I don't mean to sound negative, but put it this way, I'll make my opinion once it's released. :)

None.

Jan 18 2011, 1:51 pm MadZombie Post #62

I don't even care if the story sucks. I jut care about the mechanics. Mods will take care of everything else since I'm PC master race.

None.

Jan 18 2011, 1:54 pm NicholasBeige Post #63

Their 'Radiant Story' thing looks good. I just hope they don't make it cliche'd and lame - Ie. Every shopkeeper has a sister or brother who take over the shop once you kill them. I lol'd when it said something like "if you drop a sword in a town square, someone might pick it up and return it to you"...

None.

Jan 18 2011, 2:19 pm Voyager7456 Post #64

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

Quote from MadZombie
10 races to choose from

DWENMER, IS THAT YOU?

Altmer, Argonian, Bosmer, Breton, Dunmer, Imperial, Khajiit, Nord, Orc, Redguard :P

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Jan 18 2011, 2:35 pm MadZombie Post #65

I never realized the amount of races they had. Pretty lame they haven't added any of the other races. Isn't skyrim near that island where they had those cat/dragon people and snake people? :C

None.

Jan 18 2011, 2:51 pm NicholasBeige Post #66

Anyone seen any mention of star-signs?

None.

Jan 18 2011, 2:55 pm rockz Post #67

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from BiOAtK
The whole killing-kids thing is just a polite thing that developers do to more sensitive people. Not to mention it'd bump that T to an M.
if the game is skinnable (which I almost guarantee it is), it's going to be rated M, because someone is going to make a nude version.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jan 18 2011, 4:44 pm Fire_Kame Post #68

wth is starcraft

If you swing your weapon near an NPC, knock items off their dinner table, or try to steal something of value, they'll react with an appropriate level of hostility given their prior relationship to you.

This article knows me. That's actually kinda awesome.

I was hoping for Dwenmer too. Maybe they're saving that for TESVI :awesome:

Now there is a template for an assassination mission and the game can conditionalize all the roles – where it happens, under what conditions does it take place, who wants someone assassinated, and who they want assassinated.

Colonel Mustard in the conservatory with a candlestick?

Jan 18 2011, 4:52 pm NicholasBeige Post #69

If I remember correctly, in Oblivion, it was extremely easy to knock items off a table by simply walking next to/into it. If the physics controllers are as sensitive as they were in Oblivion this will be a really annoying feature, which will possibly force you to play in 3rd or 1st person to avoid wrecking someones house due to a misplaced footstep.

I remember one instance when I was in a house in the Temple District and there was a large stone table. Walking into it would cause all the food and plates to fly off and land on the floor. Whether these are just bugs and have been ironed out - or my remembering incorrectly. I hope this doesn't feature too heavily in Skyrim.

None.

Jan 18 2011, 4:54 pm Fire_Kame Post #70

wth is starcraft

I don't remember it being quite that sensitive. I do remember doing a jig on the tables to see if I could get a reaction .I never did.

Jan 18 2011, 4:59 pm poison_us Post #71

Back* from the grave

Quote from Fire_Kame
If you swing your weapon near an NPC, knock items off their dinner table, or try to steal something of value, they'll react with an appropriate level of hostility given their prior relationship to you.
And if you stab them in the foot?

Jan 18 2011, 5:04 pm MadZombie Post #72

I would just use an unlock lock at target spell to knock things off tables.

None.

Jan 18 2011, 5:07 pm NicholasBeige Post #73

But why would you do such a thing?

None.

Jan 18 2011, 5:39 pm Voyager7456 Post #74

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

Quote from Fire_Kame

They're all dead... minus the guy in the Corpusarium.

Dwemer ruins and artifacts (including the Sphere Centurions and stuff) have been confirmed for Skyrim though.

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Jan 18 2011, 5:47 pm MadZombie Post #75

I just really hope they bring back the Morrowind Dark elves instead of these soft happy round dark elves from Oblivion. The ones from Morrowind were so manly ;_;

None.

Jan 18 2011, 7:02 pm Fire_Kame Post #76

wth is starcraft

Quote from Voyager7456
Quote from Fire_Kame

They're all dead... minus the guy in the Corpusarium.

Dwemer ruins and artifacts (including the Sphere Centurions and stuff) have been confirmed for Skyrim though.

True, but you never find out what happens to the Dwenmer. Maybe they're still alive and they moved? Unless they tied up the loose ends in Oblivion, I don't remember Morrowind explaining much about them, and the wikis I have seen appear to all agree that it is unknown what exactly happened because it appears the plotline was abandoned.

Apparently though if you read a certain book before you talk to the guy in the Corpusarium he gives you an extra clue but that again is not followed up on.

Jan 18 2011, 8:46 pm NicholasBeige Post #77

Not so fussed about the Dwenmer. There are cooler races which are now extinct in Nirn that I would rather see :).

Falmer (snow elves) being one you would expect to make a return in Skyrim - but I am doubtful.

I really hope they include all the things I loved about Morrowind - skooma/moon sugar (drugs) and slavery etc. It just added an extra dynamic which was painfully missing throughout the never-ending field of Cyrodiil.

None.

Jan 18 2011, 8:54 pm MadZombie Post #78

wat

Skooma has hardly ever been contributed to morrowind or oblivion other than RPing. You couldn't really be a skooma dealer. It had some decent buffs but it hurt you too in a way that I can't remember. Mayeb i you could be some sort of skooma dealer or slave trader in sky rim that would be great. hope fully that would be apart of the new crafting they are adding but I doubt it since skooma is a drug and I remember fallout getting some negative responses for some of their drugs and were censored in some placed.

Or just renamed. Can't really remember. Although if it does happen I'll sell redguards, Moon suger, Skooma, and skooma accessories. I tell you h'what.

None.

Jan 18 2011, 9:10 pm Fisty Post #79

OH DEAR DRUGS IN VIDEO GAMES WHAT WILL WE DO?

Wait wait wait, killing people is okay, but promoting FAKE drugs isn't?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 18 2011, 9:30 pm by Fisty.

None.

Jan 19 2011, 5:53 pm Fire_Kame Post #80

wth is starcraft

Quote from Fisty
OH DEAR DRUGS IN VIDEO GAMES WHAT WILL WE DO?

Wait wait wait, killing people is okay, but promoting FAKE drugs isn't?

The bigger problem with skooma/moon sugar is that it didn't serve a purpose in my eyes other than being a cute sprite. I think you could sell it to the slave trader in Suran, but I don't remember. Otherwise most vendors won't even deal with you if you're carrying it, so you gotta dump the merchandise before you try with them. I don't have a moral objection to it, I just never saw the point.

Huh. I wonder how NPCs will react when you drop either of those on the ground.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 621 >
  Back to forum