Staredit Network > Forums > Portal News > Topic: Starcraft 2 Collector's Edition
Starcraft 2 Collector's Edition
Apr 8 2010, 11:24 pm
By: DevliN
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Apr 9 2010, 7:42 pm ImagoDeo Post #21

After thinking about this a bit more, I've decided that I might get the Collector's Edition.

My reasoning goes something like this:
-Limited Edition means there is a limited supply of Mini Thor redemption codes.
-This goes for upwards of $1000 USD on eBay.
-In two years from now, Mini Thors will also go for upwards of $1000 USD on eBay.
-Ergo, Blizzard is actually paying ME to take the collector's edition off their hands
-And I get a soundtrack and in-game custom units and portraits that will be uber rare in five years with it. ^^

None.

Apr 9 2010, 9:28 pm DevliN Post #22

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

That mount is only that expensive because it's a mount, and an awesome looking one at that.
El Pollo Grande is also a mount, but not nearly as expensive. You can't compare anything to the Swift Spectral Tiger. Aside from that, you're comparing a mount to a non-combat pet. Non-combat pets have never been that expensive. You're more likely to sell it at the price of a Spectral Kitten or Grunty which are significantly less.

You could easily sell the pet for the price of the Collector's Edition, so therefore it would be free, but don't expect to turn that much of a profit.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 10 2010, 10:58 pm NudeRaider Post #23

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from ImagoDeo
After thinking about this a bit more, I've decided that I might get the Collector's Edition.

My reasoning goes something like this:
-Limited Edition means there is a limited supply of Mini Thor redemption codes.
-This goes for upwards of $1000 USD on eBay.
-In two years from now, Mini Thors will also go for upwards of $1000 USD on eBay.
-Ergo, Blizzard is actually paying ME to take the collector's edition off their hands
-And I get a soundtrack and in-game custom units and portraits that will be uber rare in five years with it. ^^
You're forgetting something: 0 bids

Apr 11 2010, 12:10 am EzTerix Post #24

I'm probably just going to buy the regular edition. Soundtrack will probably end up on youtube and I'm not going crazy over the rest of the stuff :bleh:

None.

Apr 11 2010, 1:27 am LoTu)S Post #25

Quote from name:Merrell
I remember a while ago that they were planning on selling each race separately? Does this mean we'll have to buy two expansion packs to get the full experience along with the 60$ game?

lol TvT games for a year, TvZ ZvZ for another year, etc..

None.

Apr 11 2010, 3:34 am ImagoDeo Post #26

Quote from DevliN
That mount is only that expensive because it's a mount, and an awesome looking one at that.
El Pollo Grande is also a mount, but not nearly as expensive. You can't compare anything to the Swift Spectral Tiger. Aside from that, you're comparing a mount to a non-combat pet. Non-combat pets have never been that expensive. You're more likely to sell it at the price of a Spectral Kitten or Grunty which are significantly less.

You could easily sell the pet for the price of the Collector's Edition, so therefore it would be free, but don't expect to turn that much of a profit.

I suppose I was being unreasonable. But I might still make a profit, as you pointed out. Therefore, I'm probably going to get the collector's edition.

None.

Apr 11 2010, 1:51 pm NudeRaider Post #27

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from LoTu)S
Quote from name:Merrell
I remember a while ago that they were planning on selling each race separately? Does this mean we'll have to buy two expansion packs to get the full experience along with the 60$ game?

lol TvT games for a year, TvZ ZvZ for another year, etc..
What are you talking about? In multiplayer you have all 3 races.
It's about the campaigns!

Apr 11 2010, 1:58 pm Oh_Man Post #28

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Yeah I said the exact same thing on the other page.

Blizzard FAQ:
What is the StarCraft II Trilogy?

The StarCraft II Trilogy consists of the base StarCraft II game and two subsequent expansion sets. StarCraft II is subtitled Wings of Liberty (working title) and will include a lengthy single-player campaign that focuses on the terrans and puts players in the role of Jim Raynor, one of the series' main heroes. The first expansion set, Heart of the Swarm (working title), will follow later and include a single-player campaign focusing on the zerg and Kerrigan, Queen of Blades. The second expansion set, Legacy of the Void (working title), will continue the story experience with a single-player campaign centered on the protoss.
Will we still be able to play multiplayer matches of StarCraft II with all three races?

Yes! From the beginning, StarCraft II will be a fully featured multiplayer game, and all three races will be available for competitive play.
How will the expansion sets impact multiplayer gameplay?

The expansion sets will add new content to each race for use in multiplayer matches. This could include additions such as new units, abilities, and structures, along with new maps and Battle.net updates.
If I buy StarCraft II but don't buy any of the expansion sets, will I still be able to play online?

Yes. This will work similarly to Warcraft III and the original StarCraft, which maintained separate online gaming lobbies and ladders for expansion set players and players with the base Warcraft III or StarCraft.
How long is each of the campaigns?

StarCraft II's terran campaign will consist of approximately 26 to 30 missions, and each expansion set will include a similar number of missions. This means that the complete StarCraft II Trilogy will include as many as 90 single-player missions. This allows us to create a truly epic story experience with a great variety of unique missions and gameplay types.
Why did you decide to release each race's campaign separately?

We're aiming to push the boundaries of storytelling and character development in RTS games through the unique single-player campaign design of StarCraft II. Players will be able to choose their mission path and technology upgrades for their army as they advance through the campaign. In order to make these choices meaningful while creating an epic story and well-developed characters for each faction, we needed to focus on a single race for a large number of missions.

The Trilogy also allows us to create more in-game and prerendered cinematics to tell the story in between missions. There will be more interactive sets and elements for players to explore during each campaign, along with other interesting design elements to differentiate the single-player game from multiplayer matches. For example, the technology choices within the terran single-player campaign will include special upgrades and unit types that are unique to the single-player game. These could include the ability to purchase classic units such as the wraith or firebat to add to Jim Raynor's army.
Are these three separate games? How much will all of these games cost?

The StarCraft II Trilogy will consist of the base StarCraft II game and two expansion sets. Pricing on these games hasn't been determined at this early stage; however, we've always charged an appropriate price for the content the player receives, and we will continue to release high-quality games that offer great value.
How long will it take to ship each expansion set in the Trilogy?

We're still focused on developing the base StarCraft II game, and all the content associated with the terran campaign, including the missions, cinematic cutscenes, and interactive sets. It's too early to provide an estimate on how long it will take to develop each of the expansion sets in the trilogy, but as always, we will take as much time as is needed to create the best possible gaming experience with each expansion set.

Apr 11 2010, 3:50 pm DevliN Post #29

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I think LoTu)S was joking.

My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 11 2010, 4:33 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #30

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
$60 for a game? Sorry, not interested.
Warcraft III was $60. ;o

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Apr 11 2010, 4:57 pm Oh_Man Post #31

You guys got it lucky, in Australia games are sold at $100. Collector editions like $120ish.

Apr 11 2010, 6:39 pm Doodle77 Post #32

Quote from name:private_parts
You guys got it lucky, in Australia games are sold at $100. Collector editions like $120ish.
Daaaaaamn. I wouldn't pay $92 for a game here (1 AUD = 0.92USD).

None.

Apr 11 2010, 8:53 pm Excalibur Post #33

The sword and the faith

It isn't often I wait over ten years for a game. If I can in any way possible get the funds for the collectors edition, I must. Just as I will do if they release collectors editions of the next two installments.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Apr 13 2010, 3:32 am NinjaOtis Post #34

10 years is a long time to save up a small amount of money, 100$, I would say this pack is worth it, maybe the art book will give me unique ideas about creating cool units.

None.

Apr 13 2010, 3:56 am payne Post #35

:payne:

Sad to say, but I do not think I'll buy the game (you know what that mean... me can't say it! ;o).

None.

Apr 13 2010, 4:20 am DevliN Post #36

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

So you wont be able to play online, then? What's the point of doing that, then?

My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 13 2010, 5:44 am Oh_Man Post #37

campaign and map editor.

the underground reports that a LAN edition is the first thing that's going to be worked on.

shit - i've got to go the FBI are knocking on my door oh my god they found out i'm a mason aaah
*jumps out window*

Apr 13 2010, 10:12 pm payne Post #38

:payne:

Quote from DevliN
What? I won't be able to acces B.net even with a cr*ck ? :O

None.

Apr 13 2010, 10:22 pm Excalibur Post #39

The sword and the faith

Quote from payne
Quote from DevliN
What? I won't be able to acces B.net even with a cr*ck ? :O
Gee payne, can you use Bnet servers without a valid key now? No. So why would that change? This has to be the least-intelligent post I've seen in a long time. :P

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Apr 13 2010, 10:25 pm LoTu)S Post #40

Even if there was a crack, it would probably link to a separate server.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 13 2010, 11:42 pm by LoTu)S.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum