Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: How to appeal moderation?
How to appeal moderation?
Mar 26 2010, 8:33 pm
By: ClansAreForGays  

Mar 26 2010, 8:33 pm ClansAreForGays Post #1

Now that Moose is fading out, IP is inactive, and Dev is just a coder, how does one repeal moderation with no attentive admin to PM?

And I'm not just being hypothetical, I actually want to challenge something for once.

challenge of moderation

Also, I noticed I was suspended from the DLDB for 1337 hours, and given 5 severity by corbo, but I'm pretty sure this one is just a joke as I haven't touched the dldb in months. Happen to anyone else?

Mar 26 2010, 8:42 pm Centreri Post #2

Relatively ancient and inactive

I got 20 severity and was suspended for 1337, 1337, 1337 and 9001 hours. Dx

Also, from my Reworking Moderation topic:

Quote from Centreri
As another suggestion, I think there needs to be a rank to manage moderations. Moose eventually got annoyed that I was contesting my moderations and decided to ban me from SD; had there been a member specifically there to judge the fairness of the moderation, the esteemed administration wouldn't have to get its hands dirty (and there should either be two of these, or one who has no other job on SEN).

You got it easy. MAYBE IF YOU HAD SUPPORTED ME... :hurr:

None.

Mar 26 2010, 9:19 pm Moose Post #3

We live in a society.

Corbo deciding that leaving quietly wasn't quite his style for some reason. I take the blame for not removing his powers upon seeing the topic in the first place. Then again, I lacked the knowledge at that point in time that Corbo was this immature. I can still do stuff, because things like this are clearly BS. :P

Give me some time, guys.

Mar 26 2010, 10:35 pm rockz Post #4

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Corbo gave many people all bunches of severity as his going away present. If there's no way to automatically undo what he did, hopefully someone who can remove the severity can start a topic requesting everyone who got some severity/severity from corbo: post here and it will be removed.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Mar 26 2010, 11:50 pm Vrael Post #5

or moose can just use the severity list to figure out who got hit

None.

Mar 27 2010, 9:31 am Gigins Post #6

Corbo's kinda my buddy. But he did ban me from the only thing that actually matters me here on SEN, the DLDB. Please unsuspend me.

None.

Mar 27 2010, 9:48 am Excalibur Post #7

The sword and the faith

Quote from Gigins
Corbo's kinda my buddy. But he did ban me from the only thing that actually matters me here on SEN, the DLDB. Please unsuspend me.
Got it.

The way we undo the suspension is to overwrite it with a new one, 1 hour being the minimum we can set. Assuming you don't have to submit any files in the next hour, you're good to go. :P

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Mar 27 2010, 1:35 pm Moose Post #8

We live in a society.

It's all logged, I just need some time. :)

Edit: Every moderation Corbo did has been struck from records and severity has been reset. Still working on a suspension removal solution.

Edit 2: Looks like manual might be the way to go. Just make a post or a PM if you have a DLDB suspension.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Mar 27 2010, 2:31 pm by Mini Moose 2707.

Mar 27 2010, 3:17 pm ClansAreForGays Post #9

wut about my dtbk one?

Mar 27 2010, 5:12 pm Riney Post #10

Thigh high affectionado

Im currently suspended from teh DLDB

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Mar 27 2010, 5:14 pm DevliN Post #11

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Suspension done for DM.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 27 2010, 5:26 pm by DevliN.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 27 2010, 6:14 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #12

Haha, what is the answer to the original question?

None.

Mar 28 2010, 6:02 pm DevliN Post #13

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Moose hasn't left, so complain to Moose or another GM.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 28 2010, 6:10 pm Moose Post #14

We live in a society.

Ideally, though, you should be taking it up with the moderator who made the moderation first.

Mar 28 2010, 6:16 pm TiKels Post #15

Corbo added a new emote.
:corbo:

Don't remove it though, it's a slutty turtle.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Mar 28 2010, 6:22 pm Devourer Post #16

Hello

Quote from TiKels
Corbo added a new emote.
:corbo:

Don't remove it though, it's a slutty turtle.
Lol. Now overthink what you just said.
I added it, how should Corbo be able to? He does not have the access.
the code is : corbo :

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Mar 28 2010, 6:29 pm TiKels Post #17

There is no way I could know if Corbo had access to that, so instead of just going through the extra steps:
"Hey does corbo have access to add emotes"
"No"
"I meant before he got banned"
"Idk lemme go ask someone"
(5 hours later)

I just figured I'd post it and hope for the best. Thanks for the resolution Devo.

Edit: Oh btw, wtf a turtle? Why a turtle?

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Mar 28 2010, 6:44 pm Devourer Post #18

Hello

Quote from TiKels
There is no way I could know if Corbo had access to that, so instead of just going through the extra steps:
"Hey does corbo have access to add emotes"
"No"
"I meant before he got banned"
"Idk lemme go ask someone"
(5 hours later)

I just figured I'd post it and hope for the best. Thanks for the resolution Devo.

Edit: Oh btw, wtf a turtle? Why a turtle?
Sorry for being offensive.
I asked corbo for a final request just to remind us of him. He sent me the turtle and told me to make this an emote.
Besides Moose and IP I am the only one with access as far as I know.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Mar 28 2010, 7:36 pm TiKels Post #19

No offense taken my friend!
I meant only simply to clarify.

Ah, I see... i wonder what the turtle symbolizes.

-NudeRaider

Mar 30 2010, 1:32 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #20

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from TiKels
Ah, I see... i wonder what the turtle symbolizes.
It means you don't know Corbo. ;o

.. Corbo <3'd his turtle.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Options
  Back to forum