Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: The Meaning of Life
The Meaning of Life
Nov 26 2009, 1:01 am
By: Voyager7456  

Nov 26 2009, 6:43 pm The Starport Post #21

Quote from JaFF
Quote from name:Tuxedo-Templar
Quote from JaFF
The meaning of life is to make as much good and as little bad.
Devilesk called. He's asking you to define 'good' and 'bad'.
Say 'hi' from me and tell him that each one of us defines it in the way he/she likes.

:P
Actually he didn't really call I'm just being an asshole.

None.

Nov 26 2009, 6:44 pm Magicide Post #22

Sleeping wolves wake hungry.

Meaning of life is to pursue pleasure in its many forms.

Nov 26 2009, 7:15 pm JaFF Post #23

Quote from JaFF
Quote from JaFF
The meaning of life is to make as much good and as little bad.
Devilesk called. He's asking you to define 'good' and 'bad'.
Say 'hi' from me and tell him that each one of us defines it in the way he/she likes.

Actually he didn't really call I'm just being an asshole.
You must have a really low opinion of me if you thought I understood you literally.

None.

Nov 26 2009, 7:35 pm The Starport Post #24

None.

Nov 26 2009, 7:37 pm Morphling Post #25

Nothing can comprehend the meaning or purpose of anything more complicated than itself.

None.

Nov 26 2009, 8:00 pm CecilSunkure Post #26

Quote from Morphling
Nothing can comprehend the meaning or purpose of anything more complicated than itself.
How do you know that -.-

In order to know that everything more complicated than yourself is incomprehensible, you would indeed be knowing a fact about things that are more complicated than yourself. Do you have a third person view of yourself and your understandings in order to know that you can't know something? And how would you go about proving that anything more complicated than a human can't comprehend the meaning or purpose of something more complicated than itself? Wouldn't you have to know the meaning and purpose of that thing to be able to say that it is incomprehensible for humans?

Also, over complication is a sign of a bad designer. Simple yet effective is the way to go. Just because something lacks complexity doesn't inherently mean it's function isn't advanced, effective, or efficient.

None.

Nov 26 2009, 8:16 pm Voyager7456 Post #27

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

Quote from Fire_Kame
Since the first seven posts were edited, I would have to say the meaning of life is pursuing perpetually changing opinions and positions.

Funny story about that...

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Nov 27 2009, 12:24 pm NudeRaider Post #28

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from name:Shocko
We created greed, jealousy and anger with possession. We also introduced love, pleasure and hope.
Hamsters are greedy with food, dogs can be jealous if you don't give them enough attention, bears will show you their anger if you try to occupy their cave, elephants know love, chimpanzees have pleasure during sex and cats are hoping you let them in if they meow long enough.

Also let me assure you, that you are certainly not god to any living thing.

Nov 27 2009, 12:42 pm Lingie Post #29

The meaning of life is to Spawn moar Overlords, and Construct additional Pylons.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Options
  Back to forum