Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: ^^ Thread
^^ Thread
Nov 21 2009, 10:35 pm
By: Fire_Kame
Pages: < 1 « 10 11 12 13 >

Feb 14 2010, 9:28 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #221

👻 👾 👽 💪

The cookies I made like a week ago are still very soft and amazing. ^^

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Feb 14 2010, 3:48 pm Symmetry Post #222

Dungeon Master

Quote from dumbducky
I demand to know why you're in a psych ward. In television form. Like that episode of House.

In television form? buh?

I'm in the hospital for depression and suicidality.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Feb 14 2010, 3:51 pm dumbducky Post #223

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_(House)

tits

Feb 16 2010, 9:16 pm Fire_Kame Post #224

wth is starcraft

My boyfriend upgrade my ram to 3 gigs so now load screens are super fast ^^

Feb 16 2010, 9:21 pm ToA Post #225

Que Sera, Sera.

Quote from Symmetry
Quote from dumbducky
I demand to know why you're in a psych ward. In television form. Like that episode of House.

In television form? buh?

But...You go to sen?

Feb 16 2010, 11:47 pm dumbducky Post #226

Obviously he has access to a computer. He's depressed, not insane.

tits

Feb 17 2010, 12:26 am poison_us Post #227

Back* from the grave

Quote from Fire_Kame
My boyfriend upgrade my ram to 3 gigs so now load screens are super fast ^^

I raped Kame's RAM. ^^

Feb 17 2010, 12:30 am Centreri Post #228

Relatively ancient and inactive

Ah, but is it DDR3? :omfg:

None.

Feb 17 2010, 2:31 am poison_us Post #229

Back* from the grave

I can't remember, but probably. It was purchased on December 17, 2009. Lemme go check.

It's a DDR2, but I run only one or two programs at a time and their clock speed is slow enough that it doesn't exceed the DDR2 bandwitch, so the increase in latency would hurt more than help. :P

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Feb 17 2010, 2:41 am by poison_us.

Feb 17 2010, 2:37 am Fire_Kame Post #230

wth is starcraft

lawlz my laptop was $350...so I don't care :P

Feb 17 2010, 6:47 pm Symmetry Post #231

Dungeon Master

Quote from ToA
Quote from Symmetry
Quote from dumbducky

In television form? buh?

But...You go to sen?

No.

:rolleyes:

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Feb 17 2010, 9:29 pm ToA Post #232

Que Sera, Sera.

Quote from Symmetry
Quote from ToA
Quote from Symmetry
Quote from dumbducky

In television form? buh?

But...You go to sen?

No.

:rolleyes:

I obviously know why you're in the hospital now, sen does that to people.

Mar 8 2010, 9:29 pm poison_us Post #233

Back* from the grave

http://www.staredit.net/?p=shoutbox&view=792

Mar 26 2010, 10:42 pm Centreri Post #234

Relatively ancient and inactive

I was accepted to Cooper Union. Considered one of top three undergraduate engineering programs in the US, and is free. I'm ecstatic. On a related note, going to Mexico for a week-long vacation on the island of Cozumel tomorrow. :awesome:

None.

Mar 27 2010, 1:10 am DavidJCobb Post #235

^^: I found a song that describes me perfectly.

QQ: It's "Overburdened" by Disturbed.

Kind of a win and a letdown at the same time.

None.

Mar 28 2010, 2:32 am poison_us Post #236

Back* from the grave

My FAFSA results state that my EFC (Expected Family Contribution) is $0, so the government is paying for my tuition COMPLETELY, at any college. In conjunction with my $15,500 scholarship award I got roughly a month ago, I shouldn't pay anything at all for my higher education.

Probably the biggest ^^ I'll ever have in my life.

Mar 28 2010, 7:35 am DavidJCobb Post #237

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!

I just beat the first Zerg level set on Aiur, the one with the Khaydarin crystals. Why am I excited? Because I got totally raped and just barely won!

A'ight, here's how it went down. I had the first base, I was building hordes of lings and a group of hydras. I sent the lings out west, took the northernmost expo at the northwest part of the map. My Zerglings pretty much epic raped all of the Photon Cannons from the starting base to almost the westernmost expo ('cept for the Cannons on high ground).

So I basically took those three expos. Built Nyduses between the westernmost expos and my main base. Started building a lot more lings. But when I sent lings and hydras south, they got completely destroyed by yellow Protoss.

So at the westernmost expo, I build a Mutalisk, thinking that I'm gonna take out the Photon Cannons overlooking the Vespene Geyser... But then I think, "Muta's gonna get raped in seconds. Why not a Guardian?" Now, prior to this, I did not know that Guardians were the Zerg aerial equivalent of Terran Siege Tanks in Siege Mode. I did not know about their godly range and epic power. So when the Guardian I had easily demolished all Photon Cannons on that particular section of high ground, I was pleasantly surprised.

So I retreated it back to the expo, built 11 more, and hotkeyed 'em. Sent them south. I decimated several important yellow buildings (including both Gateways and their Robotics Facility -- no more Reavers, yay!), but it was then that I learned that Guardians... can't attack air units. Got raped by Scouts and Carriers.

Tried another wave: Guardians and Mutas, two hotkeys (12 of each unit). Got pwned again.

Now, as this is going on, yellow Protoss are sending stronger and stronger harassment waves at my bases. Eventually, it gets to the point where I start fortifying, but it's too late. They manage to destroy my expo in the center of the map (where the teal Protoss were concentrated). Blast it out of existence with Reavers and hordes of Dragoons. The fact that I had forgotten to fortify that specific expo didn't help.

I should note that at this point, the three Geysers I have left are all depleted. At this point, I had no idea you could still mine from depleted Geyers (with a severely lowered return rate). And I had a habit of destroying depleted Geyser buildings so that I didn't accidentally "waste" workers on them. But before I get around to destroying the last Geyser, I notice something odd. My gas went up by 3. MAGIC! I started rebuilding the two other Geysers I had, and mining. I also very heavily fortified my northernmost western expo. Lotta anti-air, few Sunkens.

A WHILE later, yellow Protoss sneak through that newly-created gap and start to ravage my starting base. Luckily, I had already set up a ton of Sunkens and three or four Spores. Didn't save my base, but it distracted the Scouts and Carriers and destroyed the Dragoons. They trashed the colonies, then the Hive, and then they retreated without taking out my tech tree buildings. Phew. Bullet dodged.

Back at the westernmost expo, I now have a full herd of Guardians, Mutas, and Hydras ready.

Back at the starting base, orange Protoss have come by, and they're far less merciful. They start wrecking my tech tree buildings. All gone. I can't build shit. No units, not even defenses.

Westernmost. I take all Drones off mining, get them on a fourth hotkey. I have about 6. I send my four groups of units to the Khaydarin -- all or nothing. I get to the Beacon. Gotta survive for ten minutes with empty bases getting raped, in the middle of enemy territory, unable to build any reinforcements. Shit.

As this happens, orange Protoss demolish everything at my northernmost western expo. Dragoons waste time harassing my Overlords. I take them down with two Ultras I kept reserved at the westernmost expo. I then order the Overlords and Ultras to spots along the path from the Khaydarin back to the purple Beacon.

Now, at this point, I had almost no gas, but a TON of minerals. With a leftover drone at the westernmost expo, I make a half-assed attempt at rebuilding my tech tree, starting with a Spawning Pool. I also send some leftover Hydras and Mutas over to the purple Beacon. They make it without being spotted -- except by a Dragoon, which they quickly destroy. Spawning Pool done. I send a few Zerglings over to back up the Khaydarin. No luck. They attack another orange Protoss force, which mows them down and begins to lay waste to my westernmost expo.

Fast-forward. 3 minutes left on the clock. I'm amazed I survived this far. Protoss have been whoring Arbiter Stasis on my units, but the Guardians and Mutas have prevented severe casualties. Lost all but four Hydras to Reavers, but I still have about 7 Guardians, 5 Mutas, and 3 Drones (not counting the one that's "mining" the Khaydarin).

Fast-forward. I have no buildings left on the map save for the westernmost expo and the Beacon. I have a small herd of Mutas and Hydras watching it, and Overlords scattered across my return path.

Fast-forward. Orange Protoss are still raping my west expo. I send my crystal retrieval force back to the purple beacon, and encounter no resistance.

I was going "Oh shit, oh shit" the whole time, I was planning, like, "This is what I'm gonna do when I have to restart", I did not expect to win. And I did. Little over two hours, and I won.

EPIC.

None.

Mar 28 2010, 7:52 am Jack Post #238

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

You spent two hours on the first zerg mission? lolwhut :wut:

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Mar 28 2010, 8:16 am poison_us Post #239

Back* from the grave

There is no cow level :awesome:

Mar 29 2010, 3:10 am DavidJCobb Post #240

@Jack: The ninth. It's the first that takes place on Aiur.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 10 11 12 13 >
  Back to forum