Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: ^^ Thread
^^ Thread
Nov 21 2009, 10:35 pm
By: Fire_Kame
Pages: < 1 « 11 12 13

Mar 29 2010, 1:35 pm NudeRaider Post #241

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Ohh yeah I remember that mission. It can be extremely annoying if done wrong because they are attacking you everywhere if you let them. Setting the speed to low can help a lot if you need to fight several fronts but it's best to avoid that as much as possible by striking first.

First of all, don't bother with lings or hydras. Reavers will rape you and it'll cost you soo much. They give you enough time to build straight up to Guardian, so do it. Make sure you start mining gas ASAP because that'll be your limiting factor for Guardian production. When you have 8 you can start attacking while you build some Muta's you'll need for clearing Yellow.
Eliminate Teal in the middle first and claim his 2 bases. Ignore his cannons leftover in the east and kill his cannons on the cliff above Yellow's base. From there attack Yellow. Make sure you have at least 12 - 24 Mutas and 6-12 Scourges. And when Scouts appear drop 1-2 Scourges on them and finish. 3 for Carriers.
Ignore Yellow on the east for now just clear to the middle so you can build another base with a lot of minerals south to your main.
Then start destroying Orange's base starting southwest. Make sure you kill the arbiters with scourges, so they can freeze you only once. If you're fast enough he won't ever rebuild them.
Be sure to move slowly and use your range over cliffs. At the beginning of your assault he'll send a lot of units, so make sure the first wave is dead before you move further into his base south and then east.
Be careful about Templars: when you see one, attack with Mutas but fly through the storm, so he kills himself. Morph critically wounded Mutas into Guardians to fully heal them.
Produce more Mutas all the time and send them to replenish your losses and have 1 group of Mutas and a group of Scourges ready to defend your bases.
The orange base should be mostly destroyed by the 45 Minute mark and the rest is cleanup so you can safely send your drone to the Khaydarin Crystal formation. About the time when your drone is done mining you should be done with all Yellow's and Teal's remnants.

This strategy relies on speed so the enemy bases don't have much time to retaliate or build up a sizeable defense force.
And to retain momentum you'll need some basic micro skills, like using Guardians from cliffs, always having your units spread a bit to avoid Storms and Reavers and sending just the right amount of Scourges against the strong Toss air units.

Sep 19 2011, 3:33 am RIVE Post #242

Just Here For The Pie

Somebody took my advice.

^^

None.

Sep 19 2011, 6:56 pm Observer12425 Post #243

I haven't lost yet.

None.

Sep 19 2011, 7:22 pm Caedo Post #244

I can't walk around the dorms without getting a high-five, a hug, or a 'whazzuuuup!?' from my fellow students.
^^

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 19 2011, 7:30 pm by Caedo.

None.

Sep 19 2011, 7:23 pm poison_us Post #245

Back* from the grave

That's not a ^^.

Sep 19 2011, 7:59 pm NicholasBeige Post #246

Diablo 3 Beta. I win.

None.

Sep 19 2011, 11:01 pm Raitaki Post #247

I'm trolling my English teacher with an essay that satisfies all criteria on the grading rubric and should get at least B+, while at the same time is super boring and terrible.

None.

Sep 20 2011, 12:19 am Riney Post #248

Thigh high affectionado

http://www.discodiscord.com/v/YwGroPd-IjY/124.4

Fucking love Discord. Best Cartoon villain of all time.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Sep 20 2011, 12:31 am The_UrChai Post #249

Quote from Raitaki
I'm trolling my English teacher with an essay that satisfies all criteria on the grading rubric and should get at least B+, while at the same time is super boring and terrible.
I did this and got a 97%. stupid teachers get stupid essays and give stupidly good marks. It was the big fucking deal research essay.

None.

Sep 23 2011, 11:21 pm Azrael Post #250

I discovered pizza lasagna ^^

Options
Pages: < 1 « 11 12 13
  Back to forum