Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: Final Call For SCMDraft, Revised
Final Call For SCMDraft, Revised
Aug 18 2009, 6:37 am
By: Vrael
Pages: < 1 « 14 15 16 17 1825 >

Jan 10 2010, 4:19 am poison_us Post #301

Back* from the grave

Quote from ImagoDeo
WE NEED UNIT PLACEMENT ORDER #s.
As in, this unit was placed first, this one was placed second, etc.
Place unit #1 first, unit #2 second, etc. :P

Jan 10 2010, 4:22 am ImagoDeo Post #302

Quote from poison_us
Quote from ImagoDeo

I know, but it's still extremely convenient, especially when working with EUDs. HP detection is awesome, but if you forget to implement it at first and then have to redo all your unit placement... well, that kind of sucks.

None.

Jan 10 2010, 11:54 pm samsizzle Post #303

Quote from ImagoDeo

'nuff said.
This

None.

Jan 14 2010, 7:35 pm poiuy_qwert Post #304

PyMS and ProTRG developer

Which conditions does SCMDraft support extended units? What about extended players? Are they only restricted to the Deaths condition (not counting the Memory "condition")? Also whats the proper text TrigEdit way to use them? I know for extended units its something like "UnitID:123", but I can't remember for sure.

Jan 14 2010, 8:41 pm DavidJCobb Post #305

It's UnitID:XXX, but AFAIK that doesn't work in text TrigEdit. It can be used in classic, however.

None.

Jan 14 2010, 10:05 pm rockz Post #306

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

ID:XXXX will translate to UnitID:XXXX. ID has to be capitalized. This doesn't work in Text Trigedit.

To input such IDs, you'll have to use classic trigedit or starforge. Considering there's never any real use for ID:XXXX to be used in bulk, there's little need for it to be supported in text trigedit. The only reason I use it now is to display deaths on the leaderboard, and perhaps a few other things which don't allow player number.

The memory condition is what you want to use now, since it's just a direct copy of "deaths of terrain marine".

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 14 2010, 10:12 pm by rockz.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jan 14 2010, 10:52 pm TM-Magic Post #307

I just experienced a corrupted string that I can't seem to fix...I accidentally erased a string without deleting it and now I get an error every time I click on any string anywhere. It says there's an error in the string after the deleted one but if I try and remove that string in any way shape or form it errors the following one...

Error reads:
"String corruption detected in line 3481, file ./windowsCMainGUI.cpp
String ID: 61. String contents: Power Berry
REPORT THIS!"

So I'm reporting it, but if someone could msg me with a quick fix they know of it would be appreciated.

EDIT: ok so I figured out I can fix it by reopening the editor.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 14 2010, 11:21 pm by TM-Magic.

None.

Jan 16 2010, 6:27 am TM-Magic Post #308

Ok so I just experienced what I believe to be a new type of problem. I'm not sure if its starcraft related or scmdraft or just the fact that windows 7 is buggy, but I noticed if I have starcraft and scmdraft open at the same time the computer tends to do an old school freeze...(nothing works/responds, not even keyboard or mouse) however sound still works. I've shugged this problem off several times but this time it somehow corrupted my map and now I can't seem to get the backup files to show...

Luckily I version my maps and I only lost a days work.

None.

Jan 19 2010, 7:59 pm DavidJCobb Post #309

Quote from TM-Magic
Ok so I just experienced what I believe to be a new type of problem. I'm not sure if its starcraft related or scmdraft or just the fact that windows 7 is buggy, but I noticed if I have starcraft and scmdraft open at the same time the computer tends to do an old school freeze...(nothing works/responds, not even keyboard or mouse) however sound still works. I've shugged this problem off several times but this time it somehow corrupted my map and now I can't seem to get the backup files to show...

Luckily I version my maps and I only lost a days work.
If I had to guess, I'd say it's the fact that both programs are accessing the same files (MPQs) at the same time. I wonder... If you were to copy the MPQs out of StarCraft's files, and tell SCMD to use the copies, would that fix the problem?

None.

Jan 20 2010, 7:34 pm Heinermann Post #310

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

Please remove the period from the default map title.
A) Original Staredit doesn't add it.
B) It looks bad.
C) Punctuation shouldn't be in titles.

Jan 26 2010, 12:42 am Suicidal Insanity Post #311

I see you !

Quote from ImagoDeo
Quote from poison_us
Quote from ImagoDeo
I know, but it's still extremely convenient, especially when working with EUDs. HP detection is awesome, but if you forget to implement it at first and then have to redo all your unit placement... well, that kind of sucks.
For now, use ctrl a, ctrl x, deselect first unit, del, undo. See if that does what you want

EDIT:
Btw, I've been working on modifying text trigedit so you can use numbers for various stuff.

I have unit ID and player ID in conditions. What else am I missing? I believe all EUDs in actions are long dead, or am I mistaken?

EDIT2:
Quote from ImagoDeo
Quote from poison_us
Quote from ImagoDeo
For now, use ctrl a, ctrl x, deselect first unit, del, undo. See if that does what you want

Attachments:
ScmdraftUnitProperties3.png
Hits: 21 Size: 29.24kb

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Jan 26 2010, 9:41 am by NudeRaider. Reason: merged posts

Jan 26 2010, 2:04 am payne Post #312

:payne:

For now, I dislike your redisgn since it seems to be missing informations and I am still wondering why you are showing these colors.
Maybe give a better example of its use?

None.

Jan 26 2010, 7:29 am Jack Post #313

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Allow extended unitIDs to be input in all the unit boxes, so we can do things like this: http://www.staredit.net/topic/9746/

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jan 26 2010, 4:55 pm poiuy_qwert Post #314

PyMS and ProTRG developer

And extended player id's.

Jan 26 2010, 5:59 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #315

I see you !

Quote from payne
For now, I dislike your redisgn since it seems to be missing informations and I am still wondering why you are showing these colors.
Maybe give a better example of its use?
Well, it has everything the unit properties had before, so what is missing?

Jan 26 2010, 8:37 pm rockz Post #316

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Allowing us to put ID:xxxx into any box/text trigedit would be super. It would allow any trigger to be made, including EUD actions. Currently, the only action there's an EUD use for is leaderboard (kills) and talking portrait, and ID:xxxx works on those.

The unused units, such as "zerg unused" and "tank turret" often times have identical names in classic trigedit. If you put the unit ID after their names (ie Tank Turret 6, Tank Turret 31, Unused 158, Unused 161, etc...) it would help tremendously in identifying them. That or make it identical to text trigedit.

Not that it matters much, but can you allow 0-255 in the extra HP box?

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jan 27 2010, 1:13 am Suicidal Insanity Post #317

I see you !

Hmm, HP box... I'll see about that.

The colors are just visual studios default text when previewing a dialog, this is how it looks with real unit names (It should be close to what you imagined :P )It just has an off by one error in it.

Attachments:
ScmdraftUnitProperties3-2.png
Hits: 22 Size: 66.28kb

Jan 27 2010, 1:26 am Kaias Post #318

Hmm, HP box... I'll see about that.

The colors are just visual studios default text when previewing a dialog, this is how it looks with real unit names (It should be close to what you imagined :P )It just has an off by one error in it.
Very Nice!

None.

Jan 27 2010, 6:20 pm Wormer Post #319

Fix hanger spelling, please!

Some.

Jan 27 2010, 6:45 pm Pinky Post #320

When you turn on the grid (fine) SCMDraft becomes unselectable from the ALT TAB menu. Windows Xp.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 14 15 16 17 1825 >
  Back to forum