Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: Final Call For SCMDraft, Revised
Final Call For SCMDraft, Revised
Aug 18 2009, 6:37 am
By: Vrael
Pages: < 1 « 16 17 18 19 2025 >

Feb 3 2010, 12:24 am Excalibur Post #341

The sword and the faith

Still getting crashes with zoom in Win7 x64. :(

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Feb 3 2010, 12:25 am Apos Post #342

I order you to forgive yourself!

Now, when I create a new location, it gives me a whole bunch of messages.
Location dialog - precreateinstance
Location dialog - precreateinstance 2
Location dialog - postcreateinstance
Opening location properties window
Location dialog - WM_INITIDIALOG
Location dialog - WM_INITIDIALOG 2
Is there a way to make them not appear?

Feb 3 2010, 12:57 am Kaias Post #343

The problem with the unit properties box is that the selected units can be spread far out across the index. I also think it'd be extremely confusing for people unfamiliar with Scmdraft. I would make that dialog part of the map settings tab and leave the old unit properties box in place.

Also, updated OP.

None.

Feb 3 2010, 7:11 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #344

I see you !

Quote from Apos
Now, when I create a new location, it gives me a whole bunch of messages.
Location dialog - precreateinstance
Location dialog - precreateinstance 2
Location dialog - postcreateinstance
Opening location properties window
Location dialog - WM_INITIDIALOG
Location dialog - WM_INITIDIALOG 2
Is there a way to make them not appear?
Guess I missed some of the debug code for the location properties freeze. The guy never got back to me with info either :(

I'll update the download in a sec without that.

Excaliber: try the new version, set output debugging level to debug, and tell me what the last line is when it freezes while zooming.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 3 2010, 7:44 pm by Suicidal Insanity.

Feb 6 2010, 7:21 am Pr0nogo Post #345

String 143 was also in a report this box.

Attached the map in question.

THIS DID NOT CAUSE A CRASH, it just told me to report it.

Feb 6 2010, 9:14 am fat_flying_pigs Post #346

Idk if this has been asked, but... Can you make x, y, and xy mirrors to the rectangular/tileset/copy paste terrain?

Another idea is to include the unit stats such as the range, damage per minute, type of damage (and double damage like zealots), unit size, unit movement speed. Maybe integrate this with the units window and/or make another window with these stats and some input boxes to balance units (if I have a 4 damage zergling with X health (166 hits/second), what should the vultures (Y health) attack be to kill the ling at (about) the same time the vulture dies). Movement speed is expressed in ratios for compaing multiple units.

Using datedit/unit statistic spreadsheet is inconvient

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 7 2010, 1:12 am by fat_flying_pigs.

None.

Feb 6 2010, 1:48 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #347

I see you !

Quote from name:Pronogo

String 143 was also in a report this box.

Attached the map in question.

THIS DID NOT CAUSE A CRASH, it just told me to report it.
The more important question is which scmdraft version (From this thread or older?), and what exactly were you doing before it noticed that?

Feb 6 2010, 2:14 pm Pr0nogo Post #348

Editing triggers.

I downloaded a month-old version of SCMDraft from the first page, but because it was a month old it's probably unreliable.

Also.

Feb 6 2010, 6:40 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #349

I see you !

Naw, if its a month old fom here it shouldn't ever happen, do you remember if you had compile errors inbetween or something?

Feb 6 2010, 6:50 pm Jack Post #350

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

The version on the first post is the one SI updates regularly, i thought?

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Feb 6 2010, 7:10 pm Kaias Post #351

Quote from name:zany_001
The version on the first post is the one SI updates regularly, i thought?
It is. SI updates what the link links to, we just update the log of changes.

None.

Feb 9 2010, 12:35 am Gigins Post #352

A small but rather annoying issue. When going to doodad mode from the dropdown list it doesn't really go to doodad mode. Like I can't select any doodads with mouse. It actually goes to the mode only when selecting doodad from the doodad list on the left. :ermm:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 9 2010, 5:23 am by Gigins.

None.

Feb 9 2010, 4:41 am Newb Post #353

First thing, I have the same issue that gigins has.
Second. I downloaded SCMDraft today ( upgraded previous version ) and when I select a location it says precreateinstance three times then I finally get to edit my location, or move it around, and then when I close it, it says post run. I would have to say it's the new version because I've never had this problem until today.

Another side note. After editing a condition or action in a trigger, I like it when I can just hit enter and it will close the trigger and save it because when editing hundreds of triggers it makes it real convenient. Which the older version has ( new one doesn't anymore )

None.

Feb 10 2010, 3:16 am Lord Malvanis Post #354

I've been having the same problem with locations, and It's kinda making me angry when I have to edit a lot of locations.

None.

Feb 10 2010, 4:39 pm samsizzle Post #355

Guys for the location issue just download again, he removed it. And some things about terrain.

If you place a doodad on your map from the list then go to another map window then go back, the doodad pops up and it automatically goes to the doodad layer. Can you make this not happen, its really annoying having to switch layers constantly because some doodad keeps popping up every time i switch windows.

And some of the cliff subtiles dont match for example:

None.

Feb 10 2010, 8:35 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #356

I see you !

The subtiles probably also dont match in staredit then.

As for doodads, I believe I saved the active layer on a per map basis, so if doodads are active when you switch away from a map they reactivate when you switch back, same deal with all the other layers.

Feb 10 2010, 9:29 pm Gigins Post #357

What about the thing I posted with doodads? When it refuses to go active at all?

None.

Feb 10 2010, 10:04 pm Newb Post #358

Well my problem with doodads isn't big, but when I select doodads I have to go and place a doodad in order to select. If that's what gigins is talking about. If not, then it should be fixed too. Thx :)

None.

Feb 11 2010, 12:36 am Suicidal Insanity Post #359

I see you !

Download updated with the new unit dialog, move up/down/top/bottom in unit order should work, I have not had a chance to test it under all conditions.

Feb 11 2010, 6:05 am Falkoner Post #360

Current version crashes when you make units hallucinations.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 16 17 18 19 2025 >
  Back to forum