Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: Final Call For SCMDraft, Revised
Final Call For SCMDraft, Revised
Aug 18 2009, 6:37 am
By: Vrael
Pages: < 1 « 12 13 14 15 1625 >

Dec 1 2009, 10:02 pm Pr0nogo Post #261

1st point: Yes.
2nd point: No.

Dec 1 2009, 10:42 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #262

I see you !

Quote from name:Ryukenzy
Ryu: do you mean the MPQ sounds or the custom added sounds?

Something more like this:

The sound manager(editor) in trigedit somehow trumps SCMdraft's. I almost feel sorry. I don't care if you display the length and the info with the MPQ sounds, but it will make the map maker's experience way better if the custom added sounds had the important imformation like how long the wav file is to the nearest 4th decimal or something close to that.
Should be doable, I am fairly sure I store the wv length anyways as the trigger/briefing actions need it

Dec 2 2009, 2:42 am Xenderkin Post #263

Quote from rockz
A little mini-poll:
When creating a new trigger in classic trigedit, would anyone like the "no action" action which is set by default be replaced by "preserve trigger"? Most triggers I make I want preserved, and only a few I don't want preserved. I think it's easier to press "d" than type in "pr" and a few clicks.

Also, I'd like classic trigedit to allow no condition or action, if possible. It will hurt the noobs, I suppose, but not a lot.
I kind've agree with rocks, because many triggers used today are mostly contain preserved triggers.

None.

Dec 2 2009, 3:01 am payne Post #264

:payne:

Quote from rockz
A little mini-poll:
When creating a new trigger in classic trigedit, would anyone like the "no action" action which is set by default be replaced by "preserve trigger"? Most triggers I make I want preserved, and only a few I don't want preserved. I think it's easier to press "d" than type in "pr" and a few clicks.

Also, I'd like classic trigedit to allow no condition or action, if possible. It will hurt the noobs, I suppose, but not a lot.
I kind've agree with rocks, because many triggers used today are mostly contain preserved triggers.
Agrees.
Also, implement the default brushes ;)

None.

Dec 2 2009, 6:10 am NudeRaider Post #265

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from rockz
A little mini-poll:

I give you a "yes" on both.

Dec 3 2009, 7:28 pm Kaias Post #266

http://www.staredit.net/193306/
And look through that section of the thread in general. You may as well add a Leaderboard for Deaths action, much like the Memory condition.

None.

Dec 6 2009, 12:35 am Suicidal Insanity Post #267

I see you !

Well, added code and button to stop playing sound, havnt updated the download yet tho because someone PMed me concerning the location bug and there is alot of debug code I am to lazy to ifdef in place now.
Also included the brushes in the installer, so whenever I get the location bug fixed / more feedback a new version will go up.

Dec 6 2009, 5:58 am Xenderkin Post #268

I've also wanted to make sure if anyone suggested an option to hide the start locations because just like map revealers, they can get annoying and in the way of work.

Also, how about a built-in map unlocker? :sneaky:

None.

Dec 7 2009, 1:50 am payne Post #269

:payne:

I've also wanted to make sure if anyone suggested an option to hide the start locations because just like map revealers, they can get annoying and in the way of work.

Also, how about a built-in map unlocker? :sneaky:
What about an IP ban code to pwn all these map-lockers mofos? D:<

None.

Dec 16 2009, 12:18 am xAngelSpiritx Post #270

eternal lurker

Quote from Suggestions
- Remove Select Profile screen / Only view when starting the first time

I'm personally against this. I have multiple profiles that I regularly switch between, and I don't mind the extra mouse click.

None.

Dec 16 2009, 5:32 am NudeRaider Post #271

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from xAngelSpiritx
Quote from Suggestions
- Remove Select Profile screen / Only view when starting the first time

I'm personally against this. I have multiple profiles that I regularly switch between, and I don't mind the extra mouse click.
For people like you there's a setting in the options and a command line parameter.
The needs of the many over the needs of the few. ;)

Dec 19 2009, 7:58 pm CecilSunkure Post #272

Quote from Kaias
Quote from stickynote
Idk if you've done this/people have suggested this already, but could you make a better text trigger editor?
Currently not really planned, maybe if I have alot of freetime. The current one was written by DW and I am glad I can maintain it but I have little experience with such apps.
While you're here- we need need need the ability to place bookmarks in the classic trigedit window. I'm coming up on 15k triggers right now.
So this never happened? I want to make sure it isn't forgotten, as this would help me out a ton.

None.

Dec 19 2009, 11:40 pm Biophysicist Post #273

I added a sound to a map and BOOM! Corrupted map.

None.

Dec 20 2009, 12:39 am DavidJCobb Post #274

I don't have speakers (and I might not even have a sound card -- how does one tell without opening the computer up), so every time I start SCMDraft, I get a dialog box telling me that sound won't work. Things might be more streamlined if this message was shown in the log display thing that's shown beneath the map being edited.

Also, the ability to turn off Doodad Restore would be nice. Placing the terrain (but not the Unit Sprite) for Installation's floor traps creates some nice-looking broken floortiles; other Doodads have terrain that, on its own, creates a visual effect, but it's tricky to use this -- every time I start SCMDraft, I have to convert all the restored Doodads into terrain and sprites, and then delete the sprites. Turns a neat visual effect into a hassle. HAHAHA, DISREGARD THAT, I FOUND IT

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 20 2009, 6:29 am by DavidJCobb. Reason: I phailed epically.

None.

Dec 20 2009, 4:01 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #275

I see you !

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
I added a sound to a map and BOOM! Corrupted map.
Is that recreatable? If so, send me the map the sound file and how you did it.

Dec 20 2009, 4:20 pm poison_us Post #276

Back* from the grave

Quote from DavidJCobb
I don't have speakers (and I might not even have a sound card -- how does one tell without opening the computer up), so every time I start SCMDraft, I get a dialog box telling me that sound won't work.

I'm pretty sure unless you made your own computer that you have a sound card. Even then, you would definitely know that you have a sound card. More than likely, you have a driver that's not connected to a device (your sound card has no method of output) and that's causing the pop-up.

Dec 21 2009, 4:02 pm Heinermann Post #277

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

A computer doesn't need to have a sound card. SCMD just doesn't need to display such an error, since its primary function isn't to play sounds.

Dec 24 2009, 10:18 pm Kaias Post #278

You should be able to save while in the Classic Trigger Editor, rather than having to close it to save; failing that it should open up to the settings that you closed it in (window size, selected players, how far down you've scrolled, etc), as I have suggested before.

None.

Dec 26 2009, 1:09 am Suicidal Insanity Post #279

I see you !

Since its a modal dialog, why does that matter?

Dec 26 2009, 3:00 am DavidJCobb Post #280

@poison-us: I didn't personally build this computer, but either I have no sound card or that device-driver-lacking PCI slot in Device Manager is my sound card.

Suggestion: a Ctrl+F for units. Basically, a feature that allows us to find units, scrolling to them one at a time. The order could be the same order StarCraft does it... Basically, this trigger, with the same unit order, but as a SCMDraft feature:

Center location on [unit].
Center view on location.

EDIT: With the ability to search by unit type (including [men], [buildings], etc.) and owning player.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 12 13 14 15 1625 >
  Back to forum