Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: Final Call For SCMDraft, Revised
Final Call For SCMDraft, Revised
Aug 18 2009, 6:37 am
By: Vrael
Pages: < 1 « 13 14 15 16 1725 >

Dec 26 2009, 3:14 am Kaias Post #281

Since its a modal dialog, why does that matter?
Why does having the current position of the trigger menu restore when you open it up matter?
Right now making micro changes, especially while fixing bugs involves opening classic trigger editor (if that is your preferred method) scrolling through thousands of triggers trying to find the right one, making that small change, closing the classic trigger editor window, saving, hosting in starcraft, and then going back to the trigger window and trying to find your position again to make another small adjustment. It would save a lot of time if it just returned to where you were before when you closed it, so that finding the right trigger wouldn't take a great amount of time. And when I say thousands, I literally mean it.

Of course, this could be fixed by giving us bookmarks in the triggers that we can pan to, to get to each system and to where we are working. Or if the triggers were sortable into a collapsible tree format.

None.

Dec 26 2009, 5:43 am CecilSunkure Post #282

Quote from Kaias
Of course, this could be fixed by giving us bookmarks in the triggers that we can pan to, to get to each system and to where we are working. Or if the triggers were sortable into a collapsible tree format.
I would be completely content with either a tab system for managing different user-made categories, or a tree format. Something to divide sections of triggers would be a vast help, it would speed my mapping process up tremendously. And yes, it is extremely annoying to have to close the entire trigger editor to save, but, that wouldn't be too much of a problem of there were a tab or tree system to organize triggers.

EDIT:
Also, I'm not sure if this is something easily done, but a ctrl f option for the strings section in scmdraft would be very useful for quickly finding particular strings. This also goes for the text editor for the triggers, a ctr f search function would be very useful.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 27 2009, 1:07 am by NudeRaider. Reason: merged posts

None.

Dec 28 2009, 6:21 pm poison_us Post #283

Back* from the grave

I know that this is probably because I'm in windows 7 (64-bit), but this is kinda annoying: everything goes fine, but after I close SCMdraft, I get the usual trigedit error that something bad has happened.

Dec 28 2009, 9:02 pm Warlord_Master Post #284

can ScmDraft support the disable spirtes like starforge in future releases
from Falkoner "Sprites can be disabled using StarForge, this is probably the only reason I would ever use StarForge, since all the other editors cannot do this function."
i want to try this out for my map but im afraid if i switch editors, things tend to mess up

None.

Dec 29 2009, 6:09 am samsizzle Post #285

Quote from Warlord_Master
can ScmDraft support the disable spirtes like starforge in future releases
from Falkoner "Sprites can be disabled using StarForge, this is probably the only reason I would ever use StarForge, since all the other editors cannot do this function."
i want to try this out for my map but im afraid if i switch editors, things tend to mess up
Most people dont know this but sprites can be very easily disabled in scmdraft... just select them in their properties box on the left and check disabled. Tikels showed me this.

None.

Dec 29 2009, 8:25 pm Dabbu Post #286

A bit lazy to read all the stuff posted, But I would love to see this:

Quick access specific triggers:
String Tab:
In the Strings tab it tells you how a string is being used. It would be great if we could, for example, click where it says "Triggers: #" and have a list of them show so you can jump right to one.

Locations:
Likewise for locations, I'd love to be able to select a location, and in the right click menu also have a list of every trigger referencing that location, click on one I want and have the trigger editor open up.

If you had the time, you could program in the following:
Have a special wav file as part of the map where you contain SCMDraft specific data. For example "__SCMD.wav". You could even hide it from the user.
It's not really a wav, it is a file with a specific name which SCMDraft knows to read and update for it's own purpose.
This would be a neutral & safe way of adding in information with all sorts of extended editor functionality.
For example this file could contain Trigger "Section/Group" data so the mapper can group certain triggers together, and this would allow them to Expand/Collapse a tree of triggers.
You could do a similar Grouping functionality for locations too, So you can hide an entire group of locations.
I hope that made sense.

Finally, I hate how editing in tile mode can mess up the isometric tile data.
Is it possible to auto-generate the isometric terrain data based on the actual terrain tiles data?

In the mean time here's a tip for editing triggers:
Using Comment Blocks that are active for several "Owners" is a good way to organize and browse triggers.
When you have them selected and you switch to a different Owner, it will scroll right to that same section for you.
Comment Blocks also lets you see how triggers will "interleave" when the map starts; for example how triggers from "All Players" will mix with triggers from "Force #" & "Player #". This is important because most of the time the execution order of the triggers matters.
I keep all these "section comments" active for the "Neutral" Player who I just use as pure section map. This way I can click the Neutral player, select the section I need to see triggers from, click on a Player/Force and jump to that section with all the real triggers. This is very effective when you have hundreds of triggers.

Thanks for reading.

None.

Dec 30 2009, 2:17 am TM-Magic Post #287

I have absolutely no idea if this has been said or not (because I"m not going to sit here reading through 15 pages of posts with bad contacts)

I noticed a problem with the death counter condition
"Player has suffered quantitymod 0 deaths of unit."

I noticed if I change Player to anything other than player 1-12 it changes to the memory condition :/

(I'm trying to detect when a specific enemy unit is killed to add to a custom score system, and I'd rather not have to create 8 triggers for every single unit for every single player).

I know you have a lot on your plate so I won't suggest anything else assuming most of it is probably already here lol.

Thanks,
-TM

None.

Dec 30 2009, 2:58 am Cinolt Post #288

A temporary fix to that is changing the unit first, then the rest.

None.

Dec 30 2009, 4:47 am rockz Post #289

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from TM-Magic
I have absolutely no idea if this has been said or not (because I"m not going to sit here reading through 15 pages of posts with bad contacts)
There's only 8 pages, and it's well known, but probably not reported in this thread. You have a few options:
Change the unit first.
Revert to an older version of SCMDraft.
Use text Trigedit.

Personally, I use two copies of text trigedit, both the new version with the memory condition, and an older version which doesn't have the memory condition (I named it trigger oldtor, but you can name it whatever). This will let you change a memory condition into a deaths condition without having to redo it, since a memory condition is just deaths of terran marine. The old version of trigedit will read the memory condition as deaths of terran marine.

I still wish memory would set an unused bit somewhere so SCMDraft (and starforge) could tell the difference between a memory condition and a deaths condition.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jan 1 2010, 9:45 pm DavidJCobb Post #290

A mini-map fix would be nice. Creating maps larger than 256x256 results in the extra parts of the map getting clipped in SCMDraft's mini-map. I know that that's what happens in SC, but perhaps there could be a setting allowing SCMD to lower the mini-map scale until the whole thing fits.

None.

Jan 4 2010, 6:10 am Mantis Post #291

If you could add tabbed browsing between maps (like firefox) that would be very convenient. If you could also have the backup files not save sound files that are over a certain size it would help keep the backup file from getting too large fast and thus make saving not take forever. Also when you list triggers it will list it like trigger1, trigger10, trigger12, etc instead of trigger1, trigger2, trigger3... etc, if this could be changed that would be nice as well.

None.

Jan 4 2010, 7:08 pm payne Post #292

:payne:

Quote from Mantis
If you could add tabbed browsing between maps (like firefox) that would be very convenient.
Supported.

None.

Jan 4 2010, 7:11 pm Falkoner Post #293

If you could add tabbed browsing between maps (like firefox) that would be very convenient.
Supported.

Click Windows at the top, and select your map :omfg:

None.

Jan 6 2010, 3:34 am DavidJCobb Post #294

(I post here a lot. Does that mean I use SCMD too much, or I'm too lazy/demanding/idea-having?)

The ability to edit ISOM as a layer would be nice. A lot of people (including me, sometimes) edit by copying and pasting terrain, and/or by using brushes. This, of course, de-synchronizes the ISOM from the rectangular tiles. The ability to edit just the ISOM as a separate layer would help people manually re-synchronize the two, such that when such ISOM-only editing is done, a user would then be able to resume use of the Isometric terrain brushes. Ideally, the rectangular terrain would be semitransparent (perhaps with alterable opacity?) and shown over the ISOM being edited. (So you'd see your copypasta'd, brush'd, rectangular terrain over the terrain as specified from the ISOM).

This, of course, would supplement the current and standard terrain layer (in which ISOM data is altered if the Isometric brush is used, and rectangular tile data is altered otherwise).

None.

Jan 7 2010, 6:13 am fat_flying_pigs Post #295

Installation:

1) Whats the best free portable un-rar-er? (For the download)
2) Please make the file able to install as a basic user (Guest account level), not admin.
2.5) Is the admin install because of associating the map files (.scx, .scm, etc) with scmdraft2?
3) Give the choice to not make a start menu folder.

None.

Jan 7 2010, 9:20 am NudeRaider Post #296

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from fat_flying_pigs
Installation:

1) Whats the best free portable un-rar-er? (For the download)
2) Please make the file able to install as a basic user (Guest account level), not admin.
2.5) Is the admin install because of associating the map files (.scx, .scm, etc) with scmdraft2?
3) Give the choice to not make a start menu folder.
1) 7-Zip
2) You don't need to install ScmD
2.5) Yes
3) See 2)

Jan 7 2010, 2:00 pm poison_us Post #297

Back* from the grave

Quote from NudeRaider
2) You don't need to install ScmD
Heresy!

Regardless, Windows 7 still crashes ScmD with the famous "Something bad has happened..." error whenever I try to save. I can ignore it and continue mapmaking, and as of right now there aren't any problems directly related to it. Any time I try to close ScmD it likes to pop-up with "Scmdraft 2 has stopped working", which is also very annoying. It doesn't matter if I have ScmD in the (x86) folder, or in the regular program files. However, I have noticed that editing the .mpq filepath from the %whatever (starcraft directory pointer) to the actual filepath (C:\Program Files (x86)\Starcraft\mpqname.mpq) reduces some problems.

TL;DR: Nude is a heretic, ScmD needs to be less troublesome for 64-bit computers, QQ.

Jan 10 2010, 12:59 am New-Guy Post #298

One thing I think would be cool to have for terraining would be terrain layers.
You could create as many as you want (hypothetically) and each layer could be set to a custom opaqueness so that you can set terrain on it, then compare it to the terrain set on the base layer, then have the option of laying the layers down onto the base layer, where it would actually show up in-game.

None.

Jan 10 2010, 1:30 am rockz Post #299

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from New-Guy
One thing I think would be cool to have for terraining would be terrain layers.
You could create as many as you want (hypothetically) and each layer could be set to a custom opaqueness so that you can set terrain on it, then compare it to the terrain set on the base layer, then have the option of laying the layers down onto the base layer, where it would actually show up in-game.
Oh god.

Figuring out how to do this in gimp would be easier than doing in in scmdraft.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jan 10 2010, 2:10 am ImagoDeo Post #300

WE NEED UNIT PLACEMENT ORDER #s.
As in, this unit was placed first, this one was placed second, etc.

'nuff said.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 13 14 15 16 1725 >
  Back to forum