Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: EVIL HORDE 2:
EVIL HORDE 2:
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Aug 4 2009, 4:05 pm
By: Aster
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 58 >

Aug 6 2009, 5:48 am Aster Post #41

Unfortunately for you, NO LOL AT ALL.

None.

Aug 6 2009, 11:41 am marxel Post #42

I shall give the title of Lord of Deception to FlyingHat.

In response, I shall take the title of Lord of Apathy for myself.

None.

Aug 6 2009, 5:16 pm Jesusfreak Post #43

Quote from Vrael
I am the Light of Knowledge. Owned, bitches. Major LoL?

You light-blinded fool, the darkness is superior... there is a limited amount of knowledge, and for everything there is to know, there is someone who is ignorant of it... ignorance is infinite... knowledge is limited...
There cannot be light without darkness, but there can be darkness without light, for darkness is always there...
For every good thing there is evil behind it... the same water that keeps you alive shall also flood you and destroy your towns, the warmth of fire is also destruction, the knowledge of the wise can just as easily be used for evil as for good, and behind every order there is corruption, with love there is lust, with purity comes naivety, and the same light that gives you vision can also blind you... nothing in this world is truly free of corruption, nothing is purely good...

The Evil will get us.

None.

Aug 6 2009, 6:31 pm Aster Post #44

marxel >>> Lord of Apathy
FlyingHat >>> Lord of Deception

Jesusfreak, that was quite the inspiring speech. I'm tempted to extend you a job offer.

None.

Aug 6 2009, 7:42 pm Vrael Post #45

Quote from Jesusfreak
Quote from Vrael
I am the Light of Knowledge. Owned, bitches. Major LoL?

You light-blinded fool, the darkness is superior... there is a limited amount of knowledge, and for everything there is to know, there is someone who is ignorant of it... ignorance is infinite... knowledge is limited...
There cannot be light without darkness, but there can be darkness without light, for darkness is always there...
For every good thing there is evil behind it... the same water that keeps you alive shall also flood you and destroy your towns, the warmth of fire is also destruction, the knowledge of the wise can just as easily be used for evil as for good, and behind every order there is corruption, with love there is lust, with purity comes naivety, and the same light that gives you vision can also blind you... nothing in this world is truly free of corruption, nothing is purely good...

The Evil will get us.
So you say. I say there cannot be darkness without the light, for what would a world without light be? Not darkness, but nothing at all. To claim there can be darkness without light is to claim that a parasite can live without its host. And while ignorance may be mighty, the knowledge of a single man can uphold the masses, while it may take a mass of the ignorant to destroy a single man of knowledge. How can you claim infinite ignorance? If knowledge is limited, then there are limited things to be ignorant of, and should one man know only one thing, then something is known, and can be passed along, slowly crumbling the mountains of ignorance... and I laugh at the destruction of fire, and floods. They're no more evil than the leaves that fall harmlessly from trees, inanimate and incapable of thought. A fire will burn the evil just as well as it burns the good, and a flood knows no friends or foes; an uncorrputible element. A fool I may be as you say.. but at least this fool knows how much of a fool he is, and will not be undone by it.

None.

Aug 6 2009, 8:16 pm Phobos Post #46

Are you sure about that?

This thread and its rare form of fun is revelant to my interests. I want to see how this discussio develops :P

this is signature

Aug 6 2009, 8:17 pm lil-Inferno Post #47

Just here for the pie

I'm totally putting those speeches in an RPG ;o.

Aug 6 2009, 8:19 pm KrayZee Post #48

Wherever light goes, darkness was there first.

None.

Aug 6 2009, 8:42 pm Vrael Post #49

Quote from KrayZee
Wherever light goes, darkness was there first.
Darkness is nothing but the absence of light. Clearly, light must have been there first if it is now absent for darkness to exist.

Don't you see? Aster's lies are nothing. This is how it always starts, with words of power and might, tales of dreams and promises made only to be unkept, until you are slowly subjugated by your own willingness to serve into nothing more than a mindless grunt, enslaved for eternity by the orchestrator who reaps the reward while you are left with nothing. You won't even have the dignity of a theif or murderer, who at least stands, destroyed not by another, but by the consequences of his own decision. His decision, not his Master's or Lord's.

Who will stand with me? I cannot guarantee life, for it is apparent that lives will be lost to this Horde, but I say it's better to stand and fight while we still have strength than to allow this Evil purchase of ourselves with no resistance against those principles that we have already strove so hard to eliminate. I will stand alone if I must, better die standing than to lay down, or bow like a weakling...

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 6 2009, 8:50 pm by Vrael.

None.

Aug 6 2009, 8:53 pm Bar Refaeli Post #50

The Evil will get us.
So you say. I say there cannot be darkness without the light, for what would a world without light be? Not darkness, but nothing at all. To claim there can be darkness without light is to claim that a parasite can live without its host. And while ignorance may be mighty, the knowledge of a single man can uphold the masses, while it may take a mass of the ignorant to destroy a single man of knowledge. How can you claim infinite ignorance? If knowledge is limited, then there are limited things to be ignorant of, and should one man know only one thing, then something is known, and can be passed along, slowly crumbling the mountains of ignorance... and I laugh at the destruction of fire, and floods. They're no more evil than the leaves that fall harmlessly from trees, inanimate and incapable of thought. A fire will burn the evil just as well as it burns the good, and a flood knows no friends or foes; an uncorrputible element. A fool I may be as you say.. but at least this fool knows how much of a fool he is, and will not be undone by it.
Darkness is nothing but the absence of light. Clearly, light must have been there first if it is now absent for darkness to exist.

Don't you see? Aster's lies are nothing. This is how it always starts, with words of power and might, tales of dreams and promises made only to be unkept, until you are slowly subjugated by your own willingness to serve into nothing more than a mindless grunt, enslaved for eternity by the orchestrator who reaps the reward while you are left with nothing. You won't even have the dignity of a theif or murderer, who at least stands, destroyed not by another, but by the consequences of his own decision. His decision, not his Master's or Overlord's.

:0_0: I am reminded of that chicken and the egg thing. "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" "Which came first, the darkness or the light?"

None.

Aug 6 2009, 9:14 pm Phobos Post #51

Are you sure about that?

It would make more sense if a genetic modification in that then had developed into the first bird, than an entire animal becoming a bird out of blue. In other words, the egg came first.

this is signature

Aug 6 2009, 9:16 pm Bar Refaeli Post #52

How can you find out if the darkness or the light is the egg?

If the light was the egg, then it would be reasonable because there was first light, and then darkness was born out of it when the light went away. And vice versa.

None.

Aug 6 2009, 9:22 pm lil-Inferno Post #53

Just here for the pie

Quote from Aster
In exchange for pledging eternal fealty to the Higher Evils and transferring ownership of your soul to us, we will grant you immortality. We also give you free dental coverage!
Good game. Even the forces of light cannot bear death on immortality.

Also, try and find the hidden message in this post.

Aug 6 2009, 9:24 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #54

👻 👾 👽 💪

I love free dental coverage!

I was most recently Lord of Chaos, with the Chaos Army. ;o

Too bad Voy vanished...

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Aug 6 2009, 9:27 pm Phobos Post #55

Are you sure about that?

I love free life coverage!

this is signature

Aug 6 2009, 9:38 pm Jesusfreak Post #56

So you say. I say there cannot be darkness without the light, for what would a world without light be? Not darkness, but nothing at all.
The Darkness is the lack of light. It needs nothing to exist, it is just... there. Sort of like God, actually.
To claim there can be darkness without light is to claim that a parasite can live without its host.
The two are not related. Actually, the "parasite" would be the mortals, who cannot function naturally without light.
And while ignorance may be mighty, the knowledge of a single man can uphold the masses, while it may take a mass of the ignorant to destroy a single man of knowledge.
True, but the knowledge of a single man can also be used to bring down the masses (ie, Hitler). The knowledge of one man may very well keep everyone else ignorant.
How can you claim infinite ignorance? If knowledge is limited, then there are limited things to be ignorant of, and should one man know only one thing, then something is known, and can be passed along, slowly crumbling the mountains of ignorance...
Knowledge is not limited because there are a limit of things to know, but rather, it is limited because the human mind can only hold so much. There are always things man cannot know, and oftentimes knowing one thing can bar him from knowing something else.
and I laugh at the destruction of fire, and floods. They're no more evil than the leaves that fall harmlessly from trees, inanimate and incapable of thought. A fire will burn the evil just as well as it burns the good, and a flood knows no friends or foes; an uncorrputible element.
True, but the fire burns good as well as evil, and the flood destroys the good as well as the evil. The point was, destruction lies within every good thing.
A fool I may be as you say.. but at least this fool knows how much of a fool he is, and will not be undone by it.
I like your determination. Such morale is rare in men who are fighting a lost cause.

It is true that darkness is the absence of light, and that is my point exactly - it needs nothing. The light is something. It has to exist. The darkness is always there. To even begin to push back darkness, you have to create light - therefore, the darkness must have came first, for darkness requires nothing - it is just... there.
Don't you see? Aster's lies are nothing. This is how it always starts, with words of power and might, tales of dreams and promises made only to be unkept, until you are slowly subjugated by your own willingness to serve into nothing more than a mindless grunt, enslaved for eternity by the orchestrator who reaps the reward while you are left with nothing. You won't even have the dignity of a theif or murderer, who at least stands, destroyed not by another, but by the consequences of his own decision. His decision, not his Master's or Lord's.
That is the fate of all mankind. We can do nothing to stop it.
Who will stand with me? I cannot guarantee life, for it is apparent that lives will be lost to this Horde, but I say it's better to stand and fight while we still have strength than to allow this Evil purchase of ourselves with no resistance against those principles that we have already strove so hard to eliminate. I will stand alone if I must, better die standing than to lay down, or bow like a weakling...
Yes. We will fall, but God will still stand.
You seem to mistake me for a follower of the evil. I am merely a pessimist. While it is true that the darkness will achieve it's goal (re-enslavement of mankind into sin), it is not a good thing. The thing about The Evil is that it requires worship. As long as there are people who worship it (and there always will be), it will be fighting our God, and it will be an even fight (since both are omnipotent) until the humans all perish.

PS: If you go by the Bible, the darkness came first:
Genesis 1:1-3
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was empty, a formless mass cloaked in darkness. And the spirit of God was hovering over its surface. Then God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.

EDIT:
I'm totally putting those speeches in an RPG ;o.
Lol, I had originally developed that speech for an rpg, but it never got started... maybe I'll use it in the rpg I'm working on now XD.
EDIT2:
Jesusfreak, that was quite the inspiring speech. I'm tempted to extend you a job offer.
I will probably have to decline :( . I am already in Clan K[ ], and I am already serving Dark Lord Yahweh (my special name for God :lol: ), and he tends to get uncomfortable when his followers serve other spirits. And I already have a job as Mapmaker and Doomsayer :D .

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 6 2009, 9:46 pm by Jesusfreak.

None.

Aug 6 2009, 9:47 pm lil-Inferno Post #57

Just here for the pie

I vote Jesusfreak for Evil Horde secretary.

Aug 6 2009, 9:51 pm Bar Refaeli Post #58

It is true that darkness is the absence of light, and that is my point exactly - it needs nothing. The light is something. It has to exist. The darkness is always there. To even begin to push back darkness, you have to create light - therefore, the darkness must have came first, for darkness requires nothing - it is just... there.

You talk about darkness being the absence of light, but it is as easily possible that light is the absence of darkness. Unless you can prove some other state that differs from lightness and darkness which would trigger a whole new stage of ideas.

None.

Aug 6 2009, 10:01 pm Symmetry Post #59

Dungeon Master

Ah, if there is still dental coverage I shall reclaim my mantle as the Lord of Malice.

EDIT: Durr, I just realized I'm not using the same name I had before. In case you didn't know Aster I'm Killer_Kow/Kuddly_Kitten/Debardus.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Aug 6 2009, 10:06 pm Phobos Post #60

Are you sure about that?

wat. WHAT THE HELL, how long have you had that name KK?

this is signature

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 58 >
  Back to forum