Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: EVIL HORDE 2:
EVIL HORDE 2:
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Aug 4 2009, 4:05 pm
By: Aster
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 68 >

Aug 6 2009, 10:08 pm Symmetry Post #61

Dungeon Master

I unno. Couple weeks.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Aug 6 2009, 10:09 pm Jesusfreak Post #62

You talk about darkness being the absence of light, but it is as easily possible that light is the absence of darkness. Unless you can prove some other state that differs from lightness and darkness which would trigger a whole new stage of ideas.
Well, wikipedia is on my side XD.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkness
Darkness (also called lightlessness) is the absence of light. Scientifically it is only possible to have a reduced amount of light. The emotional response to an absence of light has inspired metaphor in literature, symbolism in art, and emphasis.
On the other hand, it also proves Vrael's point: That darkness cannot exist without light. It appears that darkness cannot exist without light, and light cannot exist without darkness.

None.

Aug 6 2009, 10:09 pm Phobos Post #63

Are you sure about that?

Guided by that avatar I took for granted that your name was still the same.

this is signature

Aug 6 2009, 10:17 pm Bar Refaeli Post #64

Darkness (also called lightlessness) is the absence of light. Scientifically it is only possible to have a reduced amount of light. The emotional response to an absence of light has inspired metaphor in literature, symbolism in art, and emphasis.
On the other hand, it also proves Vrael's point: That darkness cannot exist without light. It appears that darkness cannot exist without light, and light cannot exist without darkness.[/quote]
Scientifically, sure, darkness is the absence of light. But science isn't a strong part of this discussion. Thinking beyond science, thinking logically. Like, how do we know that lightbulbs don't create light, but only destroy dark. What if dark was always there, and then something destroyed dark, creating light. Making it so the absence of dark is light.

In a sense the absence of light is dark AND the absence of dark is light. They are mere absences of each other. They are nots. You can have not-light (dark) and you can have not-dark (light). This could apply to many other things, too.

None.

Aug 6 2009, 10:19 pm Phobos Post #65

Are you sure about that?

This discussion is no longer amusing.

this is signature

Aug 7 2009, 2:18 am Aster Post #66

By the Dark, this is one off-topic topic at this point.

None.

Aug 7 2009, 2:22 am KrayZee Post #67

Quote from Aster
That's how evil I am. I manipulated this topic by saying one line then it was responded by the light, getting argued by the evil.

None.

Aug 7 2009, 2:23 am Bar Refaeli Post #68

Quote from KrayZee
Quote from Aster
That's how evil I am. I manipulated this topic by saying one line then it was responded by the light, getting argued by the evil.
Curses! Foiled again!

None.

Aug 7 2009, 2:28 am Aster Post #69

In this topic: The Evil Horde trolls the Forces of Light ;)
I'm quite impressed by these speeches though. Either way.

None.

Aug 7 2009, 2:34 am Excalibur Post #70

The sword and the faith

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Too bad Voy vanished...
If you summon him, he will come.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Aug 7 2009, 2:46 am Riney Post #71

Thigh high affectionado

Thats actually proven to fail time and time again. -- The Shoutbox

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Aug 7 2009, 5:22 am Jack Post #72

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from name:Dark_Marine
Once in every story a calling for heroes is made. This calling must be now, but not just any heroes...

I speak of those heroes who walk in the glory of the light, bathed in the blessings by angels, brought forth from their slumber and brought to the battle field. It is where heroes stand to fight the evil of all, and satisfy their own creation. I speak of Knights, I speak of Paladins, I speak of countless soldiers ready to give their life to destroy all that threatens them. Our time is now.

We seek men to aid us in our coming pilgrimage, to face the daunting task ahead of us. To seal the evil from our domain once again. Men we must rise and come forth, not just as men, but as the heroes spoken of. Ready your breakfast and eat hearty because for the next few years, we WILL be dining in hell.

And for those who were wondering, I was lol'ing the whole time too. I doubt this will work :hurr:

In. Lord of Shiny Armour xD! Although are we allowed multiclanning?

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Aug 7 2009, 5:24 am Riney Post #73

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from name:zany_001
In. Lord of Shiny Armour xD! Although are we allowed multiclanning?

Yes actually you are ;o

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Aug 7 2009, 5:29 am Jack Post #74

Aight Light wins, gg, I'm here, the thunda has arrived. Step aside you ladies of gloom! Walk away if you value your halfexistance of shade! Cos i got a fricking big spork, and i'm not afraid to use it! Fear the ALMIGHTY SPORK, FOR I AM THE LORD/KNIGHT OF SHINY CUTLERY!

Its a WIP.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Aug 7 2009, 5:30 am Riney Post #75

Thigh high affectionado

I have a feeling I need to have Echo in here and say

Quote from Echo
Call forth teh CheFs! [=]:]

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Aug 7 2009, 5:32 am KrayZee Post #76

Quote from name:zany_001
Aight Light wins, gg, I'm here, the thunda has arrived. Step aside you ladies of gloom! Walk away if you value your halfexistance of shade! Cos i got a fricking big spork, and i'm not afraid to use it! Fear the ALMIGHTY SPORK, FOR I AM THE LORD/KNIGHT OF SHINY CUTLERY!

Its a WIP.
Actually the light stepped into my trap of manipulation, apparently light automatically loses.

None.

Aug 7 2009, 5:39 am Jack Post #77

That was before I arrived.

Red classic.

Aug 7 2009, 7:01 am lil-Inferno Post #78

Just here for the pie

Quote from name:Dark_Marine
I have a feeling I need to have Echo in here and say

Quote from Echo
Call forth teh CheFs! [=]:]
You called?

Aug 7 2009, 7:05 am Riney Post #79

Thigh high affectionado

The battle over the mortal plane has begun, ready your equipment and fasten your gear tight. We ride at daybreak. . .

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Aug 7 2009, 7:10 am Jack Post #80

What do we ride? Oh and we need a h4wt tag maybe. Like a sword, ~{--- or a flash of light, * which is lamer IMO. And a channel. And how do we take down the dark menace?

Red classic.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 68 >
  Back to forum