SEN Mafia XIII: Tough Luck
Jun 29 2009, 2:45 pm
By: JaFF
Pages: < 1 « 21 22 23 24 2537 >

Jul 15 2009, 7:26 am FatalException Post #441

Quote from Norm
Quote from name:NerdyTerdy
I've got a couple things to say:

Firstly, I'm likely going to be gone Friday through Sunday and will be back Monday afternoon, or maybe late Sunday night. So, for that time someone else will have to take the wheel for a bit.

Secondly, it has come to my attention that Norm intends to try to have me lynched because I didn't lynch his choice and happened to be wrong about payne. I'd like to say that this type of behavior is unproductive. It's distracting from the actual goal of finding the mafia, and will require me and the rest of the town to spread our focus in different directions. Please be reasonable and wait until there's some actual evidence against me to try to start an insurgence. It's the first night for god's sake.

It's in the town's best interest to have your removed from mayoral position by whatever means possible. It's not only about my choice, but your failure to recognize a greater threat to the town when you had the power to eliminate it. Besides that, I've had suspicions from Day 1 that you may be aligned with the mafia.

I implore my fellow townies to recognize the suspicions around our Mayor and follow me on the path to removing him from power by whatever means are necessary. Even if I die tonight, I want my allies to take this warning and act on it. Nerdy may or may not be mafia, but whatever he is, he is definitely unfit to be in power of our town. I hope to see you all in the morning.
Uhh... Having a suspicion from Day One doesn't mean anything at all on NIGHT ONE. Also, what are the grounds for this suspicion besides that he didn't choose to lynch the guy you wanted? He was elected mayor, and, in theory, we all know the rules: The mayor chooses who gets lynched on the first night after the town elects him, the town does not choose who to lynch. He won, so it was his choice. Not everyone's. Yes, he lynched a townie, but everyone who's played a game of mafia before has. Let's move on and stop trying to lynch such an important member of the town, yeah?

None.

Jul 15 2009, 8:39 am InsolubleFluff Post #442

If anything the use of doctor is suspicious, as I clearly did that game.
Vrael was way more likely to be mafia on the grounds that Kaias's clue was SHIT and IRRELEVANT.
Nerdy also won by roughly 9 or 10 votes. That is a huge majority.

Basically, wait for clues, but don't wait longer than needed.

Also remember to not just bandwaggon, read the post and try to find your own clues. Use other peoples clues if they support your own analysis.

None.

Jul 15 2009, 9:01 am Vrael Post #443

Quote from Norm
It's in the town's best interest to have your removed from mayoral position by whatever means possible. It's not only about my choice, but your failure to recognize a greater threat to the town when you had the power to eliminate it. Besides that, I've had suspicions from Day 1 that you may be aligned with the mafia.

I implore my fellow townies to recognize the suspicions around our Mayor and follow me on the path to removing him from power by whatever means are necessary. Even if I die tonight, I want my allies to take this warning and act on it. Nerdy may or may not be mafia, but whatever he is, he is definitely unfit to be in power of our town. I hope to see you all in the morning.
Now to me, this sounds extremely mafia-esque. There's really no more reason to suspect nerdy at the moment than anyone else. All this statement will accomplish is possibly the division of the rest of the townies over a player who is equally likely as not to be mafia, and for no other reason than it is what you want. He had a 1/6 chance of killing a mafia first try, and a 5/6 of a townie, and he got a townie. Doesn't tell us all that much.

Of course, I suppose the price I pay for saying this is Shocko will think I'm in the same boat as Nerdy even more than before.

None.

Jul 15 2009, 10:24 am InsolubleFluff Post #444

Bingo.

None.

Jul 15 2009, 10:49 am JaFF Post #445

Day will start as soon as Dapper approves of my post. This should happen within 24 hours.

None.

Jul 15 2009, 2:50 pm Norm Post #446

There are additional clues that point to both Nerdy and Vrael being mafia, any townie dedicated to winning could easily put them together, such as the Connection between them (A Seeming plan- something that could only be pulled off by two people who know eachother are mafia) Also, Nerdy's sweep at the mayoral election, wouldn't be too hard to achieve with a couple Mafia backing you up with their votes.

His disregard for lynching Vreal (Who had a lot better clues against him then payne did) is another cause for suspicion against Nerdy. And @ Vreal: A Mafia would throw something like that at me to stay in power. Please, it's painfully obvious that the two of you are up to something that isn't legit. The town would be smart to at the very least get rid of two people who are going against the town that could very well be mafia.

Personally, I even think that Jaff Included clues as to NerdyTerdy's Alignment in his Post about the Mayoral Election and killing of Payne.

None.

Jul 15 2009, 5:50 pm Ultraviolet Post #447

Norm, your zealousness against me as mayor after one day is making me suspicious as well. Think about it: if the mafia know a doctor is mayor and has the potential to survive and tear them apart they would do anything to oust him. And the notion of both Vrael and I being mafia is ridiculous. Why would we both run for mayor? That makes no sense.

And what is this 'Connection' (since when has this been a proper noun?) between us? The fact that we aren't snapping back at forth at each other like dogs, as you are? In the game of mafia, healthy suspicion toward everyone is called for, but undue attempts to get them killed without reasonable evidence is ridiculous. You end up lynching potentially useful townies that way. That's why I chose not to kill Vrael. If you'll look, you'll see that I was heavily conflicted between the two, and even said that I would prefer to lynch Vrael, but the experienced and proven good player townies were supporting Vrael, and I don't think JaFF would let the balance of the game have so many good players on one side. I know Moose has rerolled before because all the good players were mafia, or townies.

I would encourage the detective to investigate Vrael tonight, as he cannot use his mafia vote detection ability on the mayoral election. I would also encourage all special roles to report to me. I know this is a big leap of faith, but assuming I am mafia, the town is probably screwed anyway, so you should take the leap.

Jul 15 2009, 5:56 pm Chubacca Post #448

oh man, he lynched Payne, and now we are going to lynch Vrael in the day that is about to come up. Like FatalException said, you guys need to move on, I am pretty sure that NerdyTerdy wants both Vrael and Payne dead. But he killed the guy that has less skill of debating then the other. Vrael seems to be more of a rabblerouser (A Rabblerouser is a skill to influence those of lesser minds with just words) then Payne, according to this game.

Payne has had all his chances to defend himself, and he couldn't quite do it, making his case even worse everytime time he posted. But Vrael, hes going to die soon enough, and hes yet to take action to any of these discussions. Instead of pounding on Nerdyterdy, I suggest we kill the one that the clues point to.

Lynching Nerdyterdy over this small lynching action is sort of ridiculous. I say move on like FatalException said, and just wait for the next set of clues to come.

EDIT: I'm going to be gone from Thursday to Monday. Possibly Sunday, I'm going to Washington D.C. with my girlfriend :inlove:
EDIT2: switching Fatal name to FatalException

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jul 15 2009, 6:06 pm by Chubacca.

None.

Jul 15 2009, 7:29 pm Norm Post #449

I'm not going to sit here and continue to argue (I'll probably be hit tonight anyway). I'm just pointing out some things that I think my fellow townies can use to improve their chance of winning. Whatever happens happens, though, so we'll see what the playing field is like when we get to the next day.

None.

Jul 15 2009, 8:04 pm Bar Refaeli Post #450

Quote from Norm
Nerdy may or may not be mafia, but whatever he is, he is definitely unfit to be in power of our town.
So why did so many people end up voting for him if he is so unfit? I didn't vote for him, though, and I don't trust him, but I would like to know why everyone else does trust him.

I think the idea of groups is extremely risky, because if you have a mafia in your group, then you are pretty pwned already.

None.

Jul 15 2009, 8:11 pm Chubacca Post #451

Quote from name:Raccoon
Quote from Norm
Nerdy may or may not be mafia, but whatever he is, he is definitely unfit to be in power of our town.
So why did so many people end up voting for him if he is so unfit? I didn't vote for him, though, and I don't trust him, but I would like to know why everyone else does trust him.

I think the idea of groups is extremely risky, because if you have a mafia in your group, then you are pretty pwned already.
He seems to know what he is doing. Its only day 1, yeah a lot has happened, but I believe it is too early in the game to get rid of a quality person.

And for the groups, I agree with you, though I have never played with the groups, it seems very risky to make a group, as you could appear in clues if you hit someone as well. For this game, I am going to refrain from being in any groups, and see how it turns out for those in groups.

None.

Jul 15 2009, 8:23 pm Bar Refaeli Post #452

Quote from Chubacca
He seems to know what he is doing.
Why do you think this?

None.

Jul 15 2009, 8:37 pm Kaias Post #453

If a mafia kills a group member he risks exposing himself. Either way it benefits the town.

Quote from DT_Battlekruser
Care to join? I don't have the time to launch a mass PM campaign to try to get a group. I offered to be in a group with people, and nobody has taken me up on my offer.
I'll take you up on that. Anyone else? We need two more people.

None.

Jul 15 2009, 8:45 pm Chubacca Post #454

Quote from Chubacca
Why do you think this?
I feel NerdyTerdy should respond to this question. Ill speak why I think he is doing the right things so far. A few posts above, NerdyTerdy was talking about whether to lynch Payne or Vrael. The people who sided with keeping Vrael, in his opinion were veterans or proven good mafia players, which I agree with. and the people who sided with lynching Vrael only looked at one side of the game, the clues, and not the behaviors in my opinion.

Both Vrael and Payne would die soon due to the clues pointing at them. He chose Payne to die first. Vrael will die next. The only thing NerdyTerdy did so far since his nomination were choosing the order of who will die first and defending himself to people like Norm and I.

None.

Jul 15 2009, 8:51 pm Hug A Zergling Post #455

Quote from Chubacca
Quote from Chubacca
Why do you think this?
I feel NerdyTerdy should respond to this question. Ill speak why I think he is doing the right things so far. A few posts above, NerdyTerdy was talking about whether to lynch Payne or Vrael. The people who sided with keeping Vrael, in his opinion were veterans or proven good mafia players, which I agree with. and the people who sided with lynching Vrael only looked at one side of the game, the clues, and not the behaviors in my opinion.

Both Vrael and Payne would die soon due to the clues pointing at them. He chose Payne to die first. Vrael will die next. The only thing NerdyTerdy did so far since his nomination were choosing the order of who will die first and defending himself to people like Norm and I.
I think we should lynch Chubacca because he seems to be annoying a lot of people.

None.

Jul 15 2009, 8:56 pm FatalException Post #456

Quote from Norm

Well, there's a reason that most of the people who have played the game before voted for either Nerdy or Vrael: They both know what they're doing and they're active, as we've seen in past games.

None.

Jul 15 2009, 9:10 pm Ultraviolet Post #457

Quote from Chubacca
Quote from Chubacca
Why do you think this?
I feel NerdyTerdy should respond to this question.

I'm fit to run the town because I'm good at organizing groups, I view things from multiple angles and encourage the input of others (even though they rarely give it), and don't go randomly lynching useful players on a whim. I have the experience needed to know the ins and outs of the game, and will use that to our advantage. Look at some previous mayoral elections and lynch votes, you'll notice that I was almost always a driving force in them, and generally won it for my side. This is important when voting against the mafia, because they could easily swing the vote their way without the capability to steer the voters.

And, if you look at SEN Mafia #4: PARTY HARD you'll notice that I did indeed party hard, and managed to lead the town to victory with very little help. Most of the good players died early, so all I had to rely on some weaker players input and go from there with my own interpretations. There I combined behavioral analysis (including voting patterns), town opinions, and my own interpretations to achieve the level of success that I did. Nearly 40% of the town survived, which is astoundingly high, especially considering a 14:3 townie to mafia ratio.

Jul 16 2009, 12:02 am Bar Refaeli Post #458

So basically people are just thinking, "Ok, NerdyTerdy is an experienced player, who knows the game, let's make him mayor! And if he is mafia? Then, what the hell, we are all screwed! :cheers: "

None.

Jul 16 2009, 12:05 am InsolubleFluff Post #459

Nerdy, saying both you and vrael running would be stupid IS mafia talk. You are creating a void of connection.

You, Vrael and DTBK are fucking stirring this hard.

My vote is on you come day break. You are just mind fucking the newbies.

None.

Jul 16 2009, 12:09 am Bar Refaeli Post #460

I find it interesting that a couple of people are voting for lynching our mayor after him having such a big winning at the elections.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 21 22 23 24 2537 >
  Back to forum