Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: SEN Mafia XIII: Tough Luck
SEN Mafia XIII: Tough Luck
Jun 29 2009, 2:45 pm
By: JaFF
Pages: < 1 « 22 23 24 25 2637 >

Jul 16 2009, 12:17 am Norm Post #461

Quote from name:Raccoon
I find it interesting that a couple of people are voting for lynching our mayor after him having such a big winning at the elections.

*not enough people are voting to lynch our mayor.

None.

Jul 16 2009, 12:27 am FatalException Post #462

So basically people are just thinking, "Ok, NerdyTerdy is an experienced player, who knows the game, let's make him mayor! And if he is mafia? Then, what the hell, we are all screwed! :cheers: "
Yes, actually, because there IS NO WAY TO TELL IF SOMEONE IS MAFIA OR NOT ON THE FIRST DAY. Really, guys, the mayor is elected, the only people who are still complaining about how he might be mafia are the new players and Shocko, but Shocko always does that. You all need to understand that simple bolded fact above before further posting about your mayor issues.

None.

Jul 16 2009, 12:30 am Bar Refaeli Post #463

True, but he still got a surprisingly large amount of votes compared to the other active and experienced nominees.

None.

Jul 16 2009, 1:25 am Ultraviolet Post #464

True, but he still got a surprisingly large amount of votes compared to the other active and experienced nominees.

Yeah, more votes than there are mafia. Your theory is bunk. If you'll look at past games (like I suggested, you clearly don't actually care enough) then you'll see I'm dreadfully good at getting a large collection of people to vote my way, as I have already stated. God, every game I have to fight against people who are too lazy to read and actually do anything an intelligent person would be expected to do.

Jul 16 2009, 1:37 am Bar Refaeli Post #465

I disagree with that. Just because you accomplished things in past games, it does not mean that you can accomplish things in every game. Stop trying to connect the past to the present please. And 1) I never said that because you got so many votes, you are mafia and 2) Just because you got more votes than there are mafia, doesn't mean all the mafia voted for you, then people band-wagon'ed.

I believe that the mafia are smarter than to all vote for the same person for mayor. It would connect them right away once we figured out a couple of JaFF's clues.

And I don't planning on voting to lynch you, NerdyTerdy, because you are getting pretty defensive, I just don't trust you as much as I trust others, yet.

None.

Jul 16 2009, 1:51 am Vi3t-X Post #466

So. What do we do if we lynch Vrael and he turns out to be Town Alligned?

None.

Jul 16 2009, 1:53 am Ashamed Post #467

Hear me Raor!!

I disagree with that. Just because you accomplished things in past games, it does not mean that you can accomplish things in every game. Stop trying to connect the past to the present please. And 1) I never said that because you got so many votes, you are mafia and 2) Just because you got more votes than there are mafia, doesn't mean all the mafia voted for you, then people band-wagon'ed.

I believe that the mafia are smarter than to all vote for the same person for mayor. It would connect them right away once we figured out a couple of JaFF's clues.

And I don't planning on voting to lynch you, NerdyTerdy, because you are getting pretty defensive, I just don't trust you as much as I trust others, yet.

I do agree with him talking about how this is a differnt game, being good in another game means jack, this is a new game nerdy please stop trying to bring old games up, we know you are a good player, thats all the other games can tell us not if you are mafia or not. This is not helping us be persuaded in thinking you are on the towns side,

On the other side we have no proof that nerdy is mafia or town, As of now we are jummping to conclusions, He was taking a leap of faith killing payne, now payne did turn out to be on our side, Mby he should of kill vrael, but i don't think we should kill him lets not make the same mistake he did and kill someone before clues point at him.

None.

Jul 16 2009, 2:28 am Chubacca Post #468

So basically people are just thinking, "Ok, NerdyTerdy is an experienced player, who knows the game, let's make him mayor! And if he is mafia? Then, what the hell, we are all screwed!

Yes, then if he is mafia we are screwed. But you cant assume he is mafia after trying to defend himself countless of times against you guys. It is like you guys are striving to tear him apart, and hes not falling, so you try even more by saying "retarded" things to him as if you know he would do those kind of things as mafia. If he wasn't the mayor, I believe you guys wouldn't interrogate and tear all what he says apart.

Nerdy, saying both you and Vrael running would be stupid IS mafia talk. You are creating a void of connection.

You, Vrael and DTBK are fucking stirring this hard.
I disagree with what NerdyTerdy said, this brings me closer to think he is working with Vrael. Though I'm not convinced enough.

I find that NerdyTerdy is fairly experienced, and he was active the most out of all the nominees.

In terms of Mafia games, if you let him survive, he can accomplish what he did in the past games. and the whole vote thing, how many mafia are there, 5 I believe right? Vrael got 5 votes for being mayor right away before NerdyTerdy had a chance to run for mayor.

So. What do we do if we lynch Vrael and he turns out to be Town Alligned?

Then we look in the next set of clues and start over

On the other side we have no proof that nerdy is mafia or town, As of now we are jummping to conclusions, He was taking a leap of faith killing payne, now payne did turn out to be on our side, Mby he should of kill vrael, but i don't think we should kill him lets not make the same mistake he did and kill someone before clues point at him.
Haven't you seen the clues that were pointed to Vrael. They seem pretty convincing to me that he is mafia. At least the closest one.

Well this is my final post until next week. If the lynching has past, count my vote in.

Chubacca: Vrael

None.

Jul 16 2009, 2:29 am EzDay281 Post #469

being good in another game means jack,
I see.
So, we have one player who we can state has a better chance than someone else of winning.
And we have someone else.
And they are both of equal value?
Wuuut.

None.

Jul 16 2009, 2:31 am Chubacca Post #470

Quote from EzDay281
being good in another game means jack,
I see.
So, we have one player who we can state has a better chance than someone else of winning.
And we have someone else.
And they are both of equal value?
Wuuut.
what? I have no idea what your saying hahaha

None.

Jul 16 2009, 2:35 am Bar Refaeli Post #471

Quote from Chubacca
[quote]I disagree with that. Just because you accomplished things in past games, it does not mean that you can accomplish things in every game. Stop trying to connect the past to the present please. And 1) I never said that because you got so many votes, you are mafia and 2) Just because you got more votes than there are mafia, doesn't mean all the mafia voted for you, then people band-wagon'ed.

In terms of Mafia games, if you let him survive, he can accomplish what he did in the past games. and the whole vote thing, how many mafia are there, 5 I believe right? Vrael got 5 votes for being mayor right away before NerdyTerdy had a chance to run for mayor.

We should wait until the next day's clues before voting

None.

Jul 16 2009, 2:37 am Chubacca Post #472

Quote from Chubacca
[quote]I disagree with that. Just because you accomplished things in past games, it does not mean that you can accomplish things in every game. Stop trying to connect the past to the present please. And 1) I never said that because you got so many votes, you are mafia and 2) Just because you got more votes than there are mafia, doesn't mean all the mafia voted for you, then people band-wagon'ed.

We should wait until the next day's clues before voting
That, I totally agree on. I think that is the best thing to do so far. Everyone has their minds fixed of who they are going to vote. Why discuss anymore

None.

Jul 16 2009, 2:39 am Ultraviolet Post #473

Okay.. let me see your logic here: If a politician is good at persuading people to vote for him one election, he's not necessarily going to be next election? The same goes for a detective investigating a crime scene. You make the connection to this game, it shouldn't be too difficult. Humans always connect the past to the present, that's how we learn. You're using a lot of faulty logic in your arguments against me.

As far as all the mafia not voting for one person because they're too smart, I'd say where's your evidence for that? This isn't the real life mafia. The mafia members are other players just like you. They may or may not be smart, just as some of the townies may or may not be smart. Unless you have some evidence to indicate that they are smart?

Quote from Ashamed

I do agree with him talking about how this is a differnt game, being good in another game means jack, this is a new game nerdy please stop trying to bring old games up, we know you are a good player, thats all the other games can tell us not if you are mafia or not. This is not helping us be persuaded in thinking you are on the towns side,

You should refer to my previous statement about learning from experience. I'm not saying I'm not mafia because I'm a good player and I wasn't mafia in other games, I'm only saying I'm good at the game, especially aspects like swaying votes, as can be seen in past games. That skill isn't going to magically disappear.

And as far as taking a leap of faith lynching payne, you act as if I wouldn't have been taking a leap of faith (a bigger gamble at that) lynching Vrael. I made the smart choice based on the information at hand. I believe any other good player in my position would have made the same move. Multiple other good players suggested that move. I don't know why I'm taking all the heat for it.

Jul 16 2009, 2:41 am Chubacca Post #474

Because your mayor, everyone will want to bash you if your mayor. That is what it seems like so far, because I suggested the same thing, and I'm not getting bashed. Oh if Vrael is mafia, we should track down to see who voted him

None.

Jul 16 2009, 2:46 am Bar Refaeli Post #475

Quote from name:NerdyTerdy

Okay.. let me see your logic here: If a politician is good at persuading people to vote for him one election, he's not necessarily going to be next election? The same goes for a detective investigating a crime scene. You make the connection to this game, it shouldn't be too difficult. Humans always connect the past to the present, that's how we learn. You're using a lot of faulty logic in your arguments against me.

As far as all the mafia not voting for one person because they're too smart, I'd say where's your evidence for that? This isn't the real life mafia. The mafia members are other players just like you. They may or may not be smart, just as some of the townies may or may not be smart. Unless you have some evidence to indicate that they are smart?

Elections and investigations aren't mafia games... In those, if you are the detective, you are most likely gonna' stay the detective. In mafia, you can switch roles a lot.

And my evidence for the mafia members voting for different people is as good as your evidence that you aren't mafia-aligned.

And once again I say, we should all wait 'till tomorrow morning to decide who to lynch and kill and argue about.

None.

Jul 16 2009, 2:48 am Ultraviolet Post #476

I know why, I was just venting honestly. I get frustrated. Anyway, I really should cool down. Can't be reacting this way under stress :P

To everyone: I'm disappointed in the lack of people taking advantage of out of game communication. To be successful as a town we have to act as a town, not as individuals. I would again like to encourage everyone to come to me, but special roles most of all. By pooling our abilities we can be stronger than the mafia. As cliché as it sounds: united we stand, divided we fall. As mayor my job is to organize the town, but I can't do that without your cooperation. If we are to have any hope of survival, it is dependent on each of you as much as it is on me. The burden just doesn't seem as heavy on you because you are not in the spotlight. I assure you, if we fail without the town coming together, it is as much your fault as my own. With that, I will repeat: Come to me. Talk about your ideas, concerns, suspicions. The pooled ideas together will help. And for any of you who fear becoming a target by being too loud with your ideas, you can feed them to me, and I will relay them to the town anonymously. The majority of the times the town has fallen in the past have been due to the town's failure to work together. Don't let that happen this time.

Jul 16 2009, 2:51 am Bar Refaeli Post #477

I'll trust you for now :D

None.

Jul 16 2009, 3:00 am Ultraviolet Post #478

One additional note: All of those saying "I don't trust anyone so I'm not grouping," should take the advice of the experienced and use grouping to your advantage. Even if a mafia infiltrates your group, it should be fairly obvious that this occurred due to the death without a hit being soaked up. Keep this in mind (this goes to you too JaFF):

[quote:The Rules]Any player that survived an attack by any means gets notified about it when day begins, but is not told who protected him (if he was protected) and who hit him.[/quote]

Choosing to neglect the gift of grouping is silly and will ultimately probably lead to our demise. Once tomorrow starts I suggest we start a group effort to get everyone in a group. This will provide 6 extra 'lives' (assuming 6 people die tonight, we'll be left with 27 people, so 6 complete groups). So, even if a mafia member infiltrates EVERY group, we will still break even with extra lives. And we will gain valuable statistics that can be used when people do start dying. We have to work together to win. This is not a single player game.

Jul 16 2009, 3:08 am Chubacca Post #479

oh I had a misunderstanding with groups then. I thought you could only have 2 at max. I don't know know why.

None.

Jul 16 2009, 9:38 am JaFF Post #480

Guys, remember: it's not possible to form a group during the night.

Day will start within two hours.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 22 23 24 25 2637 >
  Back to forum