Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: SEN Mafia XIII: Tough Luck
SEN Mafia XIII: Tough Luck
Jun 29 2009, 2:45 pm
By: JaFF
Pages: < 1 « 35 36 37

Aug 5 2009, 7:16 pm Ashamed Post #721

Hear me Raor!!

Kaias i like that role. It would be a fun one!

None.

Aug 5 2009, 9:25 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #722

The Don is a public role. You know that, right?

I'm thinking we probably won't add any more roles to next game, but keep the suggestions for future games. If you changed Jack Bauer a little bit, he might be very interesting.. perhaps take away the night hit ability for balance. I like the double-edged part where the mafia learns his role. I'm waiting for Jaff to make the topic.. hopefully it will be soon.

Slightly modified role set (nearing completion):

** ROLES **

TOWNSPERSON - The average, ordinary townsperson. Their limited powers include the power of persuasion, power of intellect (clue interpretation), and the one-time dodge/save ability.
Power: Dodge - Allows the Townsperson to dodge one night hit placed on them that night. May only be used once per game, if and only if Save has not been used previously and is not being used the same night.
Power: Save - Allows the Townsperson to prevent one night hit placed on the target of their choice. May only be used once per game, if and only if Dodge has not been used previously and is not being used the same night.

MAFIA DON - The Mafia Don is the leader of the mafia. His role is public, and he may not be the target of any abilities, day or night, as long as at least one other mafia is alive*. He and he alone knows the identity of the mafia and the mole, though he does not know which of his minions is the Mole. The Mafia Don has one hit per night of his own. Don immunity protects him from being injured should he hit a Psycho. The Don may not cast a vote in town proceedings during the day.

*Exception: If the Mole is the only surviving mafia, then he and he alone may hit the Don at night, resulting in a town victory.

MAFIA - They've invaded the town, and they each kill someone every night. Each individual mafia member has one hit per night, and knows only the identity of the Don. He may use his hit however he chooses, although the Don may wish to direct all of the mafia hits to avoid mafia killing each other.

MOLE - The Mole is a town-aligned spy who works for the mafia. Like the real mafia members, he knows only the identity of the Don. The Mole has one hit per night which he may use if he wishes; note that the Mole choosing not to hit may give away his identity to a shrewd Don. The Mole is indistinguishable from a real mafia when killed either at night or during the day. If the Detective investigates the Mole, he learns the Mole's identity (not just that he is a mafia).

The Mole and the Sheriff know each other's identities.

SHERIFF - The head of local law enforcement, the Sheriff has two powers. He may use both in the same day/night cycle, if he chooses.
Power: Jail - Locks up a player for the night. A player in jail cannot use his night abilities, and cannot be the target of any night abilities. Jailed players will be told that they are jailed, but the fact will not be made public. May be used once per night.
Power: Indict - Steps forward and accuses a player of crimes. During the day, the Sheriff reveals his role and accuses one player of mafia alignment. That player's role is also revealed to the town. If the target player is mafia, he is sentenced immediately to death. Otherwise, nothing happens. The Sheriff may continue to use this power once per day until he is wrong (targets a non-mafia), at which point he may not use it again.

Clarifications: Indictments are carried out in the end-of-day post. If the lynch victim is also the target of Indict, there is no lynch that day. Otherwise, the lynch occurs in addition to the indictment. If the Sheriff should choose to indict the Mole, the Mole is convicted and everything proceeds as if he were a real mafia.

The Mole and the Sheriff know each other's identities.

DETECTIVE - The Detective is a private investigator who works on behalf of the town, sniffing out the mafia. He may use each of his powers once per day/night cycle.
Power: Sleuth - The Detective learns one person's role and alignment at night. May be used twice per game.
Power: Examine Votes - The Detective learns how many mafia voted for a given lynch candidate. This count includes the Mole, if applicable. May be used twice per game.

DOCTOR - Each and every night, the doctor may save one person from death. Should someone attack that person, the doctor will keep them alive. Doctors may protect each other, but may not protect themselves. The mafia may target the same person multiple times to get a kill regardless of a Doctor's protection (ie, kill, save, kill).

ANGEL OF MERCY - The Angel of Mercy has the ability to cast a protective enchantment around a select group of people. Each night, the Angel may choose to target himself and three other people to form a shielded group. Hits upon any member of the group are processed as listed below. If the Angel chooses not to use his power, he has one night life like a normal townsperson.
Power: Enchanted Shield - Protects the Angel and three other people from hits as follows:
1st hit: Absorbed by charm
2nd hit: Kills Angel of Mercy
3rd and subsequent hits: Affect targets as normal

Clarifications: If there are doctors protecting an Angel using his power, two hits on the group will kill the Angel regardless. If there are multiple Angels (there probably won't be), hits on shields hit the last-cast shield first until the caster is dead. (Ex: Player A is shielded by two Angels and the mafia place 2 hits upon him. Whichever Angel used his ability last dies and anyone else in that group are open to attack.)

VETERAN - The Veteran has been around mafia a lot. He knows how to survive, and gains three night lives. These lives are over the span of the entire game (i.e. not three lives each night). If the Veteran is going to be lynched or is attacked by a lynched Psycho, he loses one life and his role is revealed. If he has only one remaining life, he dies like a normal person.

PSYCHO - If the Psycho is lynched by the town, he gets to take a player of his choice with him to the grave. If the Psycho is killed at night, the Psycho dies but also "injures" his killer, who will be unable to attack the next night. This is signified by reducing the mafia's killing power by 1 for that night. If attacked by a Boondock Saint, no effect unless it is the only remaining Saint (see Saint description).

SHAPESHIFTER - At the start of each day, the Shapeshifter is assigned one random role and uses their powers as applicable during that day or during the following night. Restrictions, if any are applicable to the role he accquires still. (ex, he cannot save himself if he gets Doctor.) If the Shapeshifter is shifted into a role that requires revealing (such as Veteran or Regenerator), he is revealed as a Shapeshifter.

Powers that Shapeshifters will be able to obtain this game are: Detective, Doctor, Veteran, Psycho, Sponge, Zombie, or Shifter's Choice (of the powers on this list).

SPONGE - When this person is killed, he "soaks up" all the hits for that night. That is, every hit placed is automatically redirected to him and he is the only person killed that night. This includes Boondock Saint hits. Does not affect other roles.

ZOMBIE - The night after a Zombie dies (by any method), he may rise from the grave and kill a person of his choice. He may ONLY use this power the night after he dies and may only use it once. The zombie will not be revealed as a zombie until AFTER he uses (or chooses not to use) his power.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Aug 6 2009, 3:35 am by DT_Battlekruser.

None.

Aug 6 2009, 3:28 am DT_Battlekruser Post #723

Added a new role for consideration - Angel of Mercy (see above). We may or may not use it, but feel free to provide comments.

None.

Aug 6 2009, 11:52 am JaFF Post #724

DTBK, I thought his protection is for 4 people excluding himself. But w/e.

None.

Aug 6 2009, 3:28 pm payne Post #725

:payne:

That Angel of Mercy seems rigged to me :O

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 35 36 37
  Back to forum