Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: SEN Mafia XIII: Tough Luck
SEN Mafia XIII: Tough Luck
Jun 29 2009, 2:45 pm
By: JaFF
Pages: < 1 « 20 21 22 23 2437 >

Jul 13 2009, 2:48 am ForTheSwarm Post #421

No, since you still have the extra night life.

None.

Jul 13 2009, 2:54 am Neki Post #422

I suppose, but then if they really wanted to kill you, they'd use two hits. I guess you're making them waste a hit, but you're still dieing no matter what. I don't know, the slight chance of surviving because they only hit one person in your group seems so cool though. :P

None.

Jul 13 2009, 5:26 am DT_Battlekruser Post #423

Quote from name:Ultimo
If you form a group publicly, wouldn't that like, defeat the purpose of the group though?

Not at all. If the mafia ever decides to exercise the option to hit a townie in a group, some quick statistical analysis should be able to sniff them out. Otherwise, it's a free night life, forcing the mafia to expend two hits to kill you.

If you form groups in the dark, you might absorb a few mafia hits, but if a mafia infiltrates a secret group, the group can get raped without anyone knowing who the mafia are (the way I read the rules, mafia gets a non-shielded hit in the group AND a bonus group hit, so 1 mafia can take out 2 groupies).

That being said, if anyone wants in a group with me, I'm happy to join.

None.

Jul 13 2009, 8:23 am InsolubleFluff Post #424

I formed a group with three others. I won't specify names, but atleast one of them I'm sure is a townie. They agreed to unveil remaining members pending any of us die.

None.

Jul 13 2009, 11:01 am Vrael Post #425

Quote from name:Shocko
My eggs are on NerdyTerdy and Vrael working together.

May a detective investigate Vrael and let me know? You'll have to just trust me again and work with me.
In the interest of preserving our detective investigations, I encourage the detective not to investigate me, for two reasons. One, it seems likely I am going to die anyway tomorrow day, and two, it would waste the investigation even if I don't die. Of course I realize that you guys have no way of knowing that I'm a townie, so even if I say I'm a townie I could still be a mafia trying to escape detection... but I suppose it's better to just say it. As for me and nerdy rocking the same boat, I don't know. I have my suspicions and I'm sure he has his suspicions, but I don't really have anything to go on yet as to whether or not he's mafia.

Quote from Ashamed
Ultimo it wasn't the point of him posses a more threat it was the point of the majority of us said that the vrael clue was more of a clue then the payne/ and vrael is being very silent and not really defending him self or anything. acting like mafia.
I am currently in Beijing, China. I am a citizen of the United States, so I hope you can see how this would affect my activity. Also as I said before, I don't feel the necessity of blurting out every half-assed theory that comes to mind. I forget who said that these half-assed theories help, but a half-assed theory just got payne killed so... I think I'm in the right.

DTBK is actually on the right track too I think, we should rely on analysis, grouping, ect, to figure out who is mafia. I'm not inactive, I've been reading and keeping up with what everyone says.

As for defending myself, I am largely of the opinion that it's useless. If I defend myself, you guys are probably just going to think I'm a mafia who doesn't want to die. However, if you want to hear my defense I'll say it.

None.

Jul 13 2009, 11:31 am JaFF Post #426

SOME ADVICE

Grouping was incorporated into the game, which means it is there to be used. If you guys don't use it, the balance of the game will shift to the mafia side and the town will get killed for sure. Just like dodge in the previous games (I know it saved me once), it is an important part of the game.

Same goes for the mafia medic. If you think that someone of your teammates is likely to be hit by a boondock saint, use your protection ability. Alternatively, that player should try and find himself a group.

None.

Jul 13 2009, 3:14 pm Hug A Zergling Post #427

If you're in a group, and a member is killed, can someone replace that member?

None.

Jul 13 2009, 3:25 pm Neki Post #428

I assume only after the night is done.

None.

Jul 13 2009, 3:44 pm JaFF Post #429

Quote from Hug A Zergling
Once a group is formed and night has begun, nothing can be changed. Form a new group next night if you wish.

None.

Jul 13 2009, 6:23 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #430

Quote from name:Shocko
I formed a group with three others. I won't specify names, but atleast one of them I'm sure is a townie. They agreed to unveil remaining members pending any of us die.

This is not helpful. Hypothetically, we could wake up tomorrow and you and 5 other people could be dead. Then what?

None.

Jul 13 2009, 8:19 pm InsolubleFluff Post #431

Then it doesn't matter :S?

None.

Jul 14 2009, 6:32 am Chubacca Post #432

ultimo I really like your posts and everything, I agree with u all the way

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Jul 14 2009, 7:54 am by JaFF.

None.

Jul 14 2009, 7:15 am Kaias Post #433

Quote from Chubacca
You could just go to jaff and say u made a group with 3 other people even though you never asked them. so two mafia members can make 2 groups sneakily without consent of others and just cheat off that special role. unless mafia aren't allowed to make groups.
Quote from Grouping Description
A group is formed for one night if and only if all the future group members PM me the list of all the members of the group (including themselves) before night begins.

None.

Jul 14 2009, 8:07 am JaFF Post #434

Chubacca, this is not the first time you show lack of respect to the players and me in this thread. From failing to spell NerdyTerdy's name even after being corrected, using bad grammar and spelling, to failing to read the rules of the game. Please either leave the game or pay attention to it.

From now on, if a player has signed up for a mafia game, he confirms that he has read and understood the first post containing the rules of the game. You also agree to put effort into the part of the game that you play, whatever it may be. Failing to memorize or wrte down a player's name (and even failing to notice that you've been corrected) and failing to read the rules should not occur.

NOTE TO ALL SPECIAL ROLES

If you wish to use your night actions, you must send them to me within 23 hours. I cannot guarantee that anything will be accepted after that (depends on how soon will the new day post be made).

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jul 14 2009, 11:02 am by JaFF.

None.

Jul 14 2009, 12:55 pm Hug A Zergling Post #435

Quote from JaFF
Quote from Hug A Zergling
Once a group is formed and night has begun, nothing can be changed. Form a new group next night if you wish.
My mistake, I didn't completely understand grouping when I first read it (I guess I was rushing). I understand it now.

None.

Jul 15 2009, 5:11 am Ultraviolet Post #436

I've got a couple things to say:

Firstly, I'm likely going to be gone Friday through Sunday and will be back Monday afternoon, or maybe late Sunday night. So, for that time someone else will have to take the wheel for a bit.

Secondly, it has come to my attention that Norm intends to try to have me lynched because I didn't lynch his choice and happened to be wrong about payne. I'd like to say that this type of behavior is unproductive. It's distracting from the actual goal of finding the mafia, and will require me and the rest of the town to spread our focus in different directions. Please be reasonable and wait until there's some actual evidence against me to try to start an insurgence. It's the first night for god's sake.

Jul 15 2009, 6:35 am Norm Post #437

Quote from name:NerdyTerdy
I've got a couple things to say:

Firstly, I'm likely going to be gone Friday through Sunday and will be back Monday afternoon, or maybe late Sunday night. So, for that time someone else will have to take the wheel for a bit.

Secondly, it has come to my attention that Norm intends to try to have me lynched because I didn't lynch his choice and happened to be wrong about payne. I'd like to say that this type of behavior is unproductive. It's distracting from the actual goal of finding the mafia, and will require me and the rest of the town to spread our focus in different directions. Please be reasonable and wait until there's some actual evidence against me to try to start an insurgence. It's the first night for god's sake.

It's in the town's best interest to have your removed from mayoral position by whatever means possible. It's not only about my choice, but your failure to recognize a greater threat to the town when you had the power to eliminate it. Besides that, I've had suspicions from Day 1 that you may be aligned with the mafia.

I implore my fellow townies to recognize the suspicions around our Mayor and follow me on the path to removing him from power by whatever means are necessary. Even if I die tonight, I want my allies to take this warning and act on it. Nerdy may or may not be mafia, but whatever he is, he is definitely unfit to be in power of our town. I hope to see you all in the morning.

None.

Jul 15 2009, 6:38 am DT_Battlekruser Post #438

I expect to be dead tomorrow.

(Hopefully saying this will make the mafia spare me and try to lynch me instead).

None.

Jul 15 2009, 6:44 am Kaias Post #439

Quote from DT_Battlekruser
I expect to be dead tomorrow.
Get a group going.

Fortunately for Nerdy, days and nights are extremely long.

None.

Jul 15 2009, 6:45 am DT_Battlekruser Post #440

Care to join? I don't have the time to launch a mass PM campaign to try to get a group. I offered to be in a group with people, and nobody has taken me up on my offer.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 20 21 22 23 2437 >
  Back to forum