Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Moar emotes/smileys for the community
Moar emotes/smileys for the community
Mar 2 2009, 1:49 am
By: MadZombie
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Mar 6 2009, 3:55 pm JaFF Post #21

Quote from MadZombie
Quote from JaFF
There are about 10 smilies that are used most of the time, while the rest are almost useless, if not totally useless. NO MORE PLIZ.

FGDSDFDS. I hate you. So much.

One day, :hurr: was introduced. See how :hurr: took over the threads and the shoutbox?

The point of this thread was to come up with useful smilies not stupid centreri smilies. Cent gtfo.
It's not useful, most people just slap it at the end of their posts because they don't know what else to put there. A post without a :hurr: at the end is just as effective. I agree that in some cases, it does fit the situation, but those are in the minority.

None.

Mar 9 2009, 12:06 am A_of-s_t Post #22

aka idmontie

Quote from JaFF
I agree that in some cases, it does fit the situation, but those are in the minority.
An example being?... :hurr:

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Mar 9 2009, 12:24 am JaFF Post #23

Quote from A_of-s_t
Quote from JaFF
I agree that in some cases, it does fit the situation, but those are in the minority.
An example being?... :hurr:
Gahahahahaha. xD

...those posts are mostly in null, thus too hard to find. Maybe one day I'll send you a PM saying "HEY CHECK OUT THAT POST, THAT's WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT". :hurr:

None.

Mar 9 2009, 1:33 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #24

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Centreri
And maybe a green cloud to resemble Farty? :bleh:
I made one to go along with :voy:.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Mar 9 2009, 2:29 am Centreri Post #25

Relatively ancient and inactive

SHOW MEH.

None.

Mar 9 2009, 4:14 am Pyro682 Post #26

I think a smilie showing great thought is in order. .... Like : Ponder :
I find myself looking for that one often, and I'm often depressed (not suicidally) to find that I'm limited to a simple "Hmmm..."

And yes, I love the Hurr Smilie!

None.

Mar 9 2009, 4:38 am A_of-s_t Post #27

aka idmontie

:angel: :notangel: >:( :argue: :ban: :bang: :bash: :D :bleh: :0_o: :blush: :bored: :boxed: :bye2: :bye3 :x

Is that really not enough?

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Mar 9 2009, 11:11 pm Centreri Post #28

Relatively ancient and inactive

:O

No.

None.

Mar 10 2009, 1:37 am Demented Shaman Post #29

Quote from JaFF
Quote from MadZombie
Quote from JaFF
There are about 10 smilies that are used most of the time, while the rest are almost useless, if not totally useless. NO MORE PLIZ.

FGDSDFDS. I hate you. So much.

One day, :hurr: was introduced. See how :hurr: took over the threads and the shoutbox?

The point of this thread was to come up with useful smilies not stupid centreri smilies. Cent gtfo.
It's not useful, most people just slap it at the end of their posts because they don't know what else to put there. A post without a :hurr: at the end is just as effective. I agree that in some cases, it does fit the situation, but those are in the minority.
I love :hurr: and I don't need a fucking reason to use it! :hurr:

None.

Mar 10 2009, 3:21 am Norm Post #30

Hurr is possibly the greatest smiley ever invented.

I would love to see more like it.

None.

Mar 10 2009, 3:42 am A_of-s_t Post #31

aka idmontie

Quote from Norm
Hurr is possibly the greatest smiley ever invented.

I would love to see more like it.
:mudkip: :rip: :lightbulb: :$:
There, now spread these like wildfire.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Mar 10 2009, 4:18 am Norm Post #32

I am dissatisfied with your offer, well, i like the lightbulb and the mudkip ><

None.

Mar 10 2009, 5:39 am EzDay281 Post #33

I don't mind the prospect of new smilies... as long as they're good ones.
I C WAT U DID THAR + SLOWPOKE = I THINK I C WAT U DID THAR
Resized large images = fuckugly. No.
We need (user posted image) and (user posted image)
Text-displaying emoticons = redundant. Plus, the font on "YeaH... THAT" looks gay as crap. The style on the first just sucks.
We need
(user posted image)
and
(user posted image)
and
(user posted image)
Only if they're adjusted to fit the style of current ones. ;o
Lets add LOADS MORE!
CHUI FOAR PERSIDENT!
How about (user posted image)?
Generic, overused, useless emoticons representing weapons: I seem to only have seen them at shitty messageboards like BattleForums with any kind of significant frequency. Plus, they're mostly useless.

If I could conveniantly use my own emoticons, I'd just go with them. ;o Self-made stuff ftw!

None.

Mar 10 2009, 1:51 pm Devourer Post #34

Hello

In my opinion the smilie-count is ok.
We don't really need additional smilies, also, if you really want more go to a smilie-page and import it in the post as an image.
The only thing which should be increased is the max-smilie amount in a post.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Mar 10 2009, 11:13 pm Pyro682 Post #35

Guys, I really don't think its about the number of smilies, I think the problem is WHICH smilies are here.

When people spam every smiley in a post, they make a point : There are a lot of them.
But, when people suggest the introduction for some new smilies, they make some very good suggestions.

I vote for 2 things to happen- To appease both sides.
1) Put a reasonable cap on the smilies availible on SEN. (Not too big, not too small, I'm thinking 40-50.)
2) Put a cap on the amount of smilies being used in a post. (Though, I will admit, it is very easy to demonstrate mobile grids using different colored smilies as a visual aid!)
3) Have a counter that keeps track of what smilies are being used, and how frequently that is. If the time exceeds over 2 Months or so, I think it's time we give that one a kick, and throw in a new one.
I mean, Cmon, Who uses these????
:drunk: Heh, Funny, But I've never seen it used.
:spam1: :spam2: We need two emoticons to demonstrate the same thing??? Please...
:lock: Wtf is this? We can't just say "Lock this topic please"???
:bang: :bash: .... once again, duplicates. We don't need copies, we can use this space to put in better ones.
:bye1: :bye2: :bye3: Cmon, THREE!?!?!? Use one, And use the room to put more useful ones.
:D Great smilie, used it and seen it used all the time.
:P Same story as adjacently above one.
:angel: ... Why do we need this?
:hurr: My favorite. It's funny, can be used to display a wide range of emotions, and it looks good.

The point is, Get rid of the ones we don't need, and put in the ones that people really would use. That way we don't have too many, and we get the ones we use and want.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 10 2009, 11:19 pm by Pyro682.

None.

Mar 10 2009, 11:21 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #36

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Pyro682
:drunk: Heh, Funny, But I've never seen it used.
;o it's the party smilie.
Quote from Pyro682
:lock: Wtf is this?
The sexiest lock ever.
Quote from Pyro682
:bye1: :bye2: :bye3: Cmon, THREE!?!?!? Use one, And use the room to put more useful ones.
I like having at least 2... 2 and 3. One is a happy wave, the other is sad. ;o

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Mar 10 2009, 11:25 pm Pyro682 Post #37

For one, they all mean "Goodbye". Who the frig says "Bye" on a forum?

"Ok guys, Bye, I'm signing off now!!!! :bye2: " ----Yea, that post would be deleted instantly.

One "goodbye" is enough. Any positive departure expression (meaning a "bye" that doesn't involve a "Fuck you") means that one is saddend (even if only slightly) that the conversation must end. So, you need 3. Or 2. Not both, they both mean goodbye.

None.

Mar 12 2009, 10:50 pm Doodle77 Post #38

We need .

None.

Mar 12 2009, 11:02 pm Moose Post #39

We live in a society.

Doodle's is the first one I can actually agree with.

Mar 13 2009, 2:19 am Syphon Post #40

Quote from Doodle77
We need .

>

Also,

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum