Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Help Mah Trigs!
Help Mah Trigs!
Feb 19 2009, 1:20 am
By: Syphon  

Feb 21 2009, 8:57 pm poiuy_qwert Post #21

PyMS and ProTRG developer

There seems to be some trigger limitations in melee as far as I can tell, I didn't think it would be so when I released LocUnlock. So far I have yet to be able to give units in melee (with LocUnlock to get locations). If you can't get what you want to work in any reasonable way, then I'll look into this trigger problem again, and at last resort i'd be willing to write you a new plugin since LocUnlock is insufficient.

Feb 22 2009, 5:04 am Syphon Post #22

Alright, give units definitely doesn't work... And I can't create neutral units...

Would you be able to make a plug in that makes geysers minable without making a building on them?

Failing that... Can you make one that spawns random units from a list near geysers and at random spots based on the size of the map?

None.

Feb 22 2009, 7:00 am bajadulce Post #23

Damn.. no give units at all? Bummer. So much for that kakaru idea.

Here's something I don't get tho. When modders make mods that are only playable on special maps such as Ad Astras, Temptation, Orid Obana etc. Why aren't the maps in UMS form?

None.

Feb 22 2009, 6:22 pm Syphon Post #24

Quote from bajadulce

Here's something I don't get tho. When modders make mods that are only playable on special maps such as Ad Astras, Temptation, Orid Obana etc. Why aren't the maps in UMS form?

I've never played Orid Obana or Temptation, but I know in Ad Astras it was just because he didn't change the terrain, and needed everything to be space, and if you played it on normal maps the resources would be too close together. Also, wormholes and stuff were preplaced critters.

None.

Feb 22 2009, 6:27 pm A_of-s_t Post #25

aka idmontie

Quote from name:Richard Nixons Head
Quote from bajadulce

I've never played Orid Obana or Temptation, but I know in Ad Astras it was just because he didn't change the terrain, and needed everything to be space, and if you played it on normal maps the resources would be too close together. Also, wormholes and stuff were preplaced critters.
Wormholes were Science Facilities, weren't they?

I'm sure we can change the ID for all geysers on a map. But I'm not sure if that will reload the grp info. If not, we can try to create a new unit in the location of the geyser via plugin.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Feb 22 2009, 6:36 pm Syphon Post #26

Well changing the ID will be no good if they can't be given, so I'd prefer making them directly minable as if they were a gas building.

None.

Feb 22 2009, 6:37 pm A_of-s_t Post #27

aka idmontie

Well changing the ID will be no good if they can't be given, so I'd prefer making them directly minable as if they were a gas building.
That would be rather tough. I'll try my idea first to just substitute vespene geysers with refineries.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Feb 22 2009, 6:47 pm bajadulce Post #28

I wasn't referring to the "terrain" with Ad astras, temptation, orid orbanna. I was referring to why those maps aren't played in UMS and take advantage of super trigs + leader boards and every other perk that comes with a UMS rather than limited stripped melee.trg ones. If you're going to require users to only play on set maps, why not make these UMS maps?

Adastras wormholes were ScienceFac sprites. Not the actual unit or something like that. I remember rebuilding all of the maps of course for the single player version, but can't remember now exactly what it entailed. old age.

None.

Feb 22 2009, 7:13 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #29

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
-edit-
Nevermind, he isn't making resources.
You could create for like P8... Tohugh if anyone is in that slot they'll see stuff.

As far as I can tell, if a player isn't in game, you can't create things for them ><
Since when? You've always been able to create for any player. You just can't create units for P9-12 (or higher).

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Feb 22 2009, 7:14 pm Syphon Post #30

Because they don't want to make you click UMS? Idunno.

If I'm forced to make the maps premade, I'm definitely doing UMS.

None.

Feb 22 2009, 7:15 pm Syphon Post #31

-edit-
Nevermind, he isn't making resources.
You could create for like P8... Tohugh if anyone is in that slot they'll see stuff.

As far as I can tell, if a player isn't in game, you can't create things for them ><
Since when? You've always been able to create for any player. You just can't create units for P9-12 (or higher).

Not in melee you can't.

None.

Feb 22 2009, 7:15 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #32

👻 👾 👽 💪

How are triggers any different in Melee than in UMS?

EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Feb 22 2009, 7:50 pm Syphon Post #33

How are triggers any different in Melee than in UMS?

Read this thread.

Certain triggers don't work, some work oddly.

None.

Feb 22 2009, 8:10 pm poiuy_qwert Post #34

Would you be able to make a plug in that makes geysers minable without making a building on them?

Failing that... Can you make one that spawns random units from a list near geysers and at random spots based on the size of the map?
I doubt i'll be able to do the first. Anyway, I'll probably just modify locunlock to also "unlock" actions.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 22 2009, 8:19 pm by poiuy_qwert.

Feb 22 2009, 8:58 pm Syphon Post #35

Quote from poiuy_qwert

I doubt i'll be able to do the first. Anyway, I'll probably just modify locunlock to also "unlock" actions.

Godspeed!

None.

Feb 22 2009, 9:06 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #36

👻 👾 👽 💪

Move Unit and stuff works.. I don't remember if I used CreateUnit or what when testing TrigPlug.

Feb 22 2009, 9:55 pm poiuy_qwert Post #37

The actions that I know don't work in melee are GiveUnitsToPlayer, ModifyUnitShieldPoints, and MoveLocation. I'm trying to look into it now but so far I don't see any reason they dont work :/

Feb 22 2009, 10:00 pm bajadulce Post #38

All of that stuff you mentioned works in UMS. and so it in theory should work in melee. I would suggest that you make 2 games with your mod. A melee game and a UMS game where you can go crazy doing all the crazy shit you want to. How many mods have supplied UMS maps with them? ZERO. Make a mod that has some cool and FUN UMS maps = win. Modders suck at melee anyways.

None.

Options
  Back to forum