Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Extended Players
Extended Players
Nov 26 2008, 4:55 am
By: Vi3t-X  

Nov 27 2008, 6:59 pm Falkoner Post #21

You also have to remember though that triggers can't effect players above 12, at all.

None.

Nov 27 2008, 7:09 pm GameLoader1337 Post #22

hey btw, the reason why those players 9-11 act funky and follow you is because they are jammed with the trigger order attack and acting as if that was hyper trigger the unit follows but freezes =p its just odd how they do that

None.

Nov 27 2008, 7:21 pm Falkoner Post #23

Yesterday I saw something really odd, there was a reaver, shooting at a bunch of Player 9's zealots, they surrounded him, not attacking, but after continual attacks, one of them would attack after almost every shot, weird, no?

None.

Nov 27 2008, 7:27 pm GameLoader1337 Post #24

haha probably the number of hits it receives it finally starts to come to its senses and attack lol but idk if that was true, you could use them as a player for some sort

None.

Nov 27 2008, 7:28 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #25

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Falkoner
Yesterday I saw something really odd, there was a reaver, shooting at a bunch of Player 9's zealots, they surrounded him, not attacking, but after continual attacks, one of them would attack after almost every shot, weird, no?
As I said before, SC might draw the little cleared area of fog around an attacking unit (like when a siege tank is attacking you from on top of a cliff, you are able to see it briefly.) I don't know if it is true, but it is the only reasonable thing I can think of. Now, let's abuse it.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Nov 27 2008, 9:23 pm Falkoner Post #26

As I said before, SC might draw the little cleared area of fog around an attacking unit (like when a siege tank is attacking you from on top of a cliff, you are able to see it briefly.) I don't know if it is true, but it is the only reasonable thing I can think of. Now, let's abuse it.

Yeah, I understand that, but why would one unit attack, and not the others? When all of them are getting splashed?

None.

Nov 27 2008, 10:47 pm Riney Post #27

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from Falkoner

This is what Im talking about, they seam to not give a shit unless they ARE right next to them, and its almost like SC IS constantly spamming P9~11 triggers to keep em allied.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Nov 27 2008, 11:08 pm GameLoader1337 Post #28

To check whether if its vision limited that the unit has to be sooo close, maybe you should parasite units from p9-11 in distances to see how much vision they have.

None.

Nov 27 2008, 11:10 pm Falkoner Post #29

Parasite doesn't work like that :P

None.

Nov 27 2008, 11:11 pm GameLoader1337 Post #30

oh it doesn't? well i guess only in the older versions, because i remember when i parasited a science vessel i would see invisible units.

None.

Options
  Back to forum