Staredit Network > Forums > > Topic: Mod Night 3
Mod Night 3
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Oct 26 2008, 3:28 am
By: Excalibur  

Oct 27 2008, 11:09 pm KrayZee Post #21

Balancing is a god damn virtue. The time I established the mod SEN Craft, absolutely nothing was rigged. And the time I kicked people out of the channel was due to the fact that 1. I was waiting for mod night in an awfully long time and 2. Losing over something not knowing how to play just pisses me off. And besides, it's just a channel, in which I don't understand why can't we just use the main channel. All channels are empty but the main and mod night. For the record, I'm not close minded.

If you ever notice, Excalibur, I generally do not complain when I'm not under attack with weak base defenses. Sometimes I do play the mod alone to test it, yet without any opponent but a non-rendered AI does not work well because you can't tell which units are effective against which. I know that there are some mods that have effective AI but playing it on the 'hard' (Brood War) difficulty with enemies attacking me also does not give me a chance to establish an colonies and an attack force. Also humans versus computers plays well, period. Also, the maps that we are required to play on should at least be player friendly.

And thirdly, take criticism for granted. Therefore you know what you did wrong and you will soon fix it. And creating quantity amount of mods just to allow yourself feel like you have done something greatly means nothing. Quality > Quantity.

None.

Oct 27 2008, 11:39 pm Corbo Post #22

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Quote from KrayZee
If you ever notice, Excalibur, I generally do not complain when I'm not under attack with weak base defenses.

So you do complain when you are under attack? :P

fuck you all

Oct 27 2008, 11:44 pm Excalibur Post #23

The sword and the faith

Quote from Corbo
I don't know if you have noticed but ALMOST ALL THE NEWCOMERS ARE MAPPERS.
That's bad enough

Quote from Corbo
Even if they're closed minded noobs or pricks or whatever mod night is to have fun playing mods and the motto has always and will always be EVERYONE IS INVITED.
And that needs to change. Modnight has to have some standard, but I'll get to that later.

Quote from Corbo
That includes fags, real girls, boys, retards, mappers, modders and even emos.
Not funny. How about we stop inviting Hispanics? :P

Quote from Corbo
I can't do nothing about their whinning as much as I can do for yours right now. Be a grown up boy and just ignore the flames and whinnings from these people.
Hilarious. Fuck you.

Quote from Corbo
And honestly I have never seen you coming to a mod night in which any of your mods aren't played.
I've come to almost every SC:FC, and another time when we did BF:T though I think it was both on the same night, and I come to nearly every mod except AA and Fungus. There are times I can't make it however. Mods by me or that me and another person have made have just been played a lot. Can't say much about that.

Quote from Corbo
If they come to mod night they auto-deserve whatever you're asking.
No, they don't.

Quote from Corbo
and eye for an eye, pretty classy, get over medieval ages, plz.
NO U

Quote from Corbo
Yes I am.
And you still expect me to take this post seriously?

Quote from Corbo
If you laugh at me trying to help newbies I'm afraid that this clan is not for you. I mean, MMembers, raise your hand the ones that ARE NOT willing to help new people and bring them to the modding side. The hell, I actually rejected a new member submission cause he didn't proove to be helpful to others.
Modding newbs and mappers who come and ruin our night are two different things. I also have no problem with the fact that I will not help someone if they can't clearly state their problem / question. They need to learn to spell and then come back later.

Quote from Corbo
ATTENTION EVERYONE THAT SHOWS UP TO MOD NIGHTS
BAJA COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT BETTER
Whining is pretty gay tho.

Now, the exception to this rule is Falkoner, I think it was him the one who only went to mod night to insult us right? Mind me if it wasn't him, for I don't remember.
Quote from Corbo
lulwut, can anyone confirm that?
I remember him being very stuck up and an asshole to everyone before he even got into a game.

I'd suggest that Mod Night have some changes made to it, but knowing Corbo, doing anything useful is right out.
Quote from Corbo
I asked for suggestions on september the 18th. Did I miss something you posted in that topic? If you did make any suggestions go ahead and remind them to me. As of no changes happening. People wanted mod night, I could do nothing but give it to them.

Part I've been waiting for.

Mod Night has been a great thing. It's wild, crazy, and fun. Or at least the first two. You see, when Mod Night started, it didn't really have some of the problems it does now, and I believe that although maybe Mod Night's lack of rules has been a staple of it, some need to be imposed now to preserve it's quality.

What I propose is that people who are going to come to the night simply to whine, when unprovoked and given no excuse, are to be treated like what they are: People who are just ruining the night for everyone. Yes, some mods are imbalanced, yes, I totally own people, both noobs and experienced Mod Night players alike, but that's no reason to have people stamping their feet and screaming when we're all trying to have fun. These people should be ignored and we should have the power to expel them from mod nights by force if needed. They should be treated the same as hackers are right now, because both hacks and their constant whining just ruin things, and no one wants them there. We do not need a bunch of mappers who have no respect for the mod they're playing running around crying when they get owned.

Mod Night needs to have standards. Am I saying that the everyone's invited should change? Not completely. I think everyone who can play, stand to both win and lose, and understands that people are here to have fun, not listen to their bitching, should be invited. There are things we assume go without saying, but apparently they don't.

To be fair, if we do do this, (And because it's a good idea I know we won't. :P) everyone should start with a clean slate from past mod nights and such, and it carries on from this time forward.

Quote from KrayZee
And the time I kicked people out of the channel was due to the fact that 1. I was waiting for mod night in an awfully long time and 2. Losing over something not knowing how to play just pisses me off. And besides, it's just a channel, in which I don't understand why can't we just use the main channel. All channels are empty but the main and mod night.
If you can't handle simple waiting and losing, than you need to take some classes or something. I'd hate to see what you'd do if you dropped your ice cream.

Quote from KrayZee
For the record, I'm not close minded.
Who would say that they were? :lol:

Quote from KrayZee
If you ever notice, Excalibur, I generally do not complain when I'm not under attack with weak base defenses.
Then build up your defenses earlier. Rushes aren't too common, especially from me. I prefer brute strength and overwhelming force when I attack. :D

Quote from KrayZee
Sometimes I do play the mod alone to test it, yet without any opponent but a non-rendered AI does not work well because you can't tell which units are effective against which. I know that there are some mods that have effective AI but playing it on the 'hard' (Brood War) difficulty with enemies attacking me also does not give me a chance to establish an colonies and an attack force. Also humans versus computers plays well, period.
Learn 2 melee better then. (Warm up games would really help. I'm always around for early games.) Multiple attackers is a reality of our playing since it's usually FFA or teams who will team.

Quote from KrayZee
Also, the maps that we are required to play on should at least be player friendly.
I know some mods require certain maps, but all my maps and the BWMN maps that I have brought in over time are very user friendly. If you'd like to make suggestions to me for a new 8p map, I'd love to hear them.

Quote from KrayZee
And thirdly, take criticism for granted. Therefore you know what you did wrong and you will soon fix it.
Take your own advice first before you give it.

Quote from KrayZee
And creating quantity amount of mods just to allow yourself feel like you have done something greatly means nothing. Quality > Quantity
I agree, and I've made a few good mods that I love very much. We all like different things in mods, I usually like faster paced ones with a lot of emphasis on economy>tech>investment in expensive unit. I wouldn't make a mod I didn't enjoy, but that doesn't make a mod good or bad because good and bad are perspective. I personally dislike AA but I'm sure a lot of people here like it. Same with fungus.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 27 2008, 11:51 pm by Excalibur.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Oct 27 2008, 11:47 pm Phobos Post #24

Are you sure about that?

Quote from Excalibur
Quote from Corbo
That includes fags, real girls, boys, retards, mappers, modders and even emos.

=(

this is signature

Oct 27 2008, 11:55 pm Corbo Post #25

Quote from Excalibur
That's it! You're banned for racism! :P
NO U
ON U

They need to learn to spell and then come back later.
I agree, but many of the new modders are from other countries and can't manage english well. You can't force them to be smart and learn english as good as Corbo :P

I remember him being very stuck up and an asshole to everyone before he even got into a game.
I'd normally say he's on the "banned from mod night" list but he doesn't come so ya.

I know some mods require certain maps, but all my maps and the BWMN maps that I have brought in over time are very user friendly. If you'd like to make suggestions to me for a new 8p map, I'd love to hear them.
For the record, I have nothing against your maps, map packs. In fact, I don't know if it really happened or it's just my imagination but I remember I asked you for a mod night map pack. I am pretty sure, though, that I was very grateful when you provided the first map pack for mod night.

Take your own advice first before you give it.
Seconded

fuck you all

Oct 27 2008, 11:57 pm Excalibur Post #26

The sword and the faith

And any comment on the rules / standards I am suggesting Corbo?

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Oct 28 2008, 12:01 am Corbo Post #27

Well, you're just pissed off at krazy. There's no one else that comes and whines right now, if I am not mistaken. And I am pretty sure that after this mod night Krazy will hardly show up.

Whinners should just be ignored from now on, banned from games and they'll eventually get bored and leave. But I'll talk to SF to see if she can give my bot some sort of powers to temp ban people or kick from server whenever something like this shows up.

People who just go there and whine are annoying and I couldn't agree more, but right now we cannot control them. How I wish it was me hosting the server I'd have done something years ago.

fuck you all

Oct 28 2008, 12:03 am Excalibur Post #28

The sword and the faith

Quote from Corbo
Well, you're just pissed off at krazy. There's no one else that comes and whines right now, if I am not mistaken. And I am pretty sure that after this mod night Krazy will hardly show up.
I'm sure that there have been other mappers that have come just to whine and bitch but at the moment I can't recall them so yeah. :-_-:

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Oct 28 2008, 12:34 am Symmetry Post #29

Dungeon Master

For the record, Falkoner only ever came to hack and be a douche. That's where that argument's coming from.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Oct 28 2008, 1:19 am Voyager7456 Post #30

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

Excuse me, did I walk into some other clan's forums? Because I sure as hell hope this isn't a thread in my clan forums.

Names. And don't give me a bunch of mapper scumbags who fit into the above description.
We are [MM]. We don't discriminate. Everyone is welcome to attend mod night. And I agree with baja, people shouldn't be forced into FFAs where they get ganged up upon. Modders learn new mods faster, even if they haven't played that particular mod. You have to be understanding of that.

And that needs to change. Modnight has to have some standard, but I'll get to that later.
That runs quite contrary to the spirit of Mod Night. For shame.

This concept of people getting kicked bothers me though. I might have to talk to SF and see if we can get some admin privileges set up. Running a 24/7 ops bot is a pain in the ass. If people are whining and ruining the experience for others, they will be dealt with, but otherwise I don't want to see the kind of squabbling and immaturity that I've been seeing in this thread. (Not just from you Ex, I'm talking to several people here.) What the hell is wrong with you?

Now everyone settle down while I figure out exactly what I'm going to do here.

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Oct 28 2008, 1:43 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #31

Just here for the activity... well not really

There is a way to give permenant Mod/Admin privaliges, Corbo had it once.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Oct 28 2008, 1:59 am Excalibur Post #32

The sword and the faith

Quote from Voyager7456
Excuse me, did I walk into some other clan's forums? Because I sure as hell hope this isn't a thread in my clan forums.
You handed it to Corbo what the hell did you expect? Worst mistake of your life. By far.

Quote from Voyager7456
We are [MM]. We don't discriminate. Everyone is welcome to attend mod night.
But add that is as long as they aren't ruining it for anyone else.

Quote from Voyager7456
And I agree with baja, people shouldn't be forced into FFAs where they get ganged up upon. Modders learn new mods faster, even if they haven't played that particular mod. You have to be understanding of that.
No one is forced into anything. We do our best to help out without making ourselves lose over it. The warm up games and such are there for that. I already explained I'm willing to help anyone that can ask nicely and intelligently.

Quote from Voyager7456
That runs quite contrary to the spirit of Mod Night. For shame.
Mod Night's spirit is being strangled by a bunch of people who are shitting on it. And because I get angry and want to keep them from doing that, I'm wrong? Fuck that.

Quote from Voyager7456
This concept of people getting kicked bothers me though.
What needs to be done needs to be done.

Quote from Voyager7456
I might have to talk to SF and see if we can get some admin privileges set up. Running a 24/7 ops bot is a pain in the ass.
I could run it if needed.

Quote from Voyager7456
If people are whining and ruining the experience for others, they will be dealt with, but otherwise I don't want to see the kind of squabbling and immaturity that I've been seeing in this thread. (Not just from you Ex, I'm talking to several people here.) What the hell is wrong with you?
1. They haven't been so far, which is the point. I hope they will be.
2. All your seeing is what happens when the people we had making this place better disappear. You being one of them.
3. Fuck not just from me. No one else is standing up and saying anything. Either they don't care or they're blind to whats going on. Well I'm not standing for it.
4. Whats wrong? See #2.

Quote from Voyager7456
Now everyone settle down while I figure out exactly what I'm going to do here.
Pfft. Still yours to handle? I didn't think so, but maybe we'll get lucky and you'll give a shit again. ;O

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Oct 28 2008, 2:17 am Corbo Post #33

Quote from l)ark_ssj9kevin
There is a way to give permenant Mod/Admin privaliges, Corbo had it once.
I never had such thing. All I had was megaphone.

Pfft. Still yours to handle? I didn't think so, but maybe we'll get lucky and you'll give a shit again. ;O
Voyager was, is and will be the ultimate leader of the clan, even if he quitted. You're in no place to behave this way at him.

fuck you all

Oct 28 2008, 3:32 am WoAHorde Post #34

Also, Horde needs to grow up.

I don't know how to respond to you Excalibur. I can take your approach to this, and cry, whine, and fight like a baby until someone has to step in, and then risk being called a child(how ironic, coming from you), or take a Voyagerian approach...

There is a reason why I asked Corbo to reset the Mod Night amount. There is a reason why I asked Corbo to tell Clan [MM]ers to encourage the basic mod night values and to not discriminate. I have reached a general consensus with Mod Night Players over the past dozen mod nights, and they point to YOU as the problem. They feel bullied, they feel that they are not learning, they are not having fun.

I, and half of the clan, stopped coming to Mod Night when you tried to force the exact same agenda we thought we had escaped from, and were above such trivial matters. You've proved us wrong. Do you know why people like DoA, Voyager, Killer_Kow, and myself don't come or give a shit? It's people like you that ruin it, for everyone.

On the subject of Corbo not being experienced...

I had my doubts at first, he had been a little cocky, but he was learning to be a leader. Corbo has matured to the point where he can lead this clan effectively, and other than Voyager, is the best man for the job. Voyager knew that Corbo would be and is a great leader, it's a trait of many leaders to be able to recognise the characteristic in others.

On the subject of banning/kicking...

I really hoped we wouldn't have to come to this. In the past, we were able to get people to rowdy down or act mature without resorting to these methods. If anyone is getting the admin rights to the server, it's Corbo or Voyager.

None.

Oct 28 2008, 4:05 am Corbo Post #35

This is a mod night 3 topic and even voyager had to come here and shut our mouths.
I see no further discussion about mod night 3 in this topic nor anything productive other than more wars and attacks on people.
If any one has something to add to the topic PM and I'll open it for you. If anyone has something to say about another person PM it also.

fuck you all

Options
  Back to forum