Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Moderators need markings
Moderators need markings
Jun 28 2008, 4:22 am
By: Hercanic
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Jul 17 2008, 10:46 pm Vi3t-X Post #41

The previous Name Glows were always something I liked.

On a sidenote, can we bring back Kiwis? KEHWEH!

None.

Jul 17 2008, 11:34 pm Doodle77 Post #42

Quote from WoAHorde
Remove name colour and set it apart for groups/staff/etc. Re add nameglow, etc.
Nameglow didn't work except in IE anyway.

None.

Jul 17 2008, 11:57 pm Dapperdan Post #43

Markings are completely unnecessary. But it's not a big deal. If it's done it won't make an inch of difference but it'll at least make a couple of people happy. Hercanic you need to calm down about simple issues.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 18 2008, 12:05 am by Mini Moose 2707. Reason: Testing

None.

Jul 17 2008, 11:59 pm WoAHorde Post #44

Hercanic is simply trying to make SEN more user friendly, more features, and more fun. Sure, he may go a bit overboard, but he has many ideas. :P

None.

Jul 18 2008, 12:19 am Hercanic Post #45

STF mod creator, Modcrafters.com admin, CampaignCreations.org staff

Dear Dapperdan:
Calm down from what?

Dear WoAHorde:
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing thoroughly. =oP

Jul 18 2008, 12:20 am Moose Post #46

We live in a society.

Quote from Hercanic
The Staff list is also flawed, as it isn't updated. Voyager left, for instance.
The moderators on the Staff page is correct. It is automated and does not need to be "updated" because it draws directly from the forums themselves. Voyager may have resigned from his job (previously moderating some other forums), but not from his clan or the moderation over the [MM] forum granted to him by virtue of the clan. If anything, the problem is that it lists Clan forum moderators along with the SEN forum moderators. I will try to find a way to code around this.

Unless you are referring to the actual list of staff and not the people listed under the "Moderators" spot. That is another matter entirely. :P Regardless, all global moderators are listed there.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 18 2008, 12:27 am by Mini Moose 2707.

Jul 18 2008, 12:30 am Hercanic Post #47

Then those who have resigned should probably no longer have moderation power attached to their account. =oP

According to the Staff page, apparently Yoshi is the Supreme Commander of Lulz. Cute, but if the Staff list is to be practical, such jokes only distract. There is no mention of him being an Administrator. Luckily he is an Admin, so it's plain what his position is on the forum thanks to his globe icon. That's the kind of clarity I'm aiming for with moderators, both global and specific, being marked.

A staff list is always good to have, but it is not enough. As I illustrated: "I was having posts edited for a warning that I did not even realize was a real warning."

Jul 18 2008, 12:34 am InsolubleFluff Post #48

There's no need for markings, unless you're acting like a muppet, you wont ever need to find out. Also, the only reason Devilesk is saying get to know the moderators / admins is because he's pretty much famous amongst all the staff (in non positive ways :D!)

None.

Jul 18 2008, 12:35 am Moose Post #49

We live in a society.

Quote from Hercanic
Then those who have resigned should probably no longer have moderation power attached to their account. =oP
Perhaps you misunderstood me. The moderation power attached to his account over the clan forum is given to him by the clan. Voyager did not resign from his clan. Voyager is clearly still in Clan [MM], therefore it is perfectly valid for him to moderate the Clan [MM] forum.
EDIT: Clan moderators are no longer displayed as moderators on the Staff page.

For the record, Yoshi added himself to the staff page when he received his position.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Jul 18 2008, 12:52 am by Mini Moose 2707. Reason: Moving my edit to another post.

Jul 18 2008, 12:39 am Corbo Post #50

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Quote from Hercanic
No.

Even when Voyager left, he was, is and will always be a huge part of our clan. And I've been backed up by all of the members to leave him as a leader in our clan member list.
You want to start telling me how to run a clan now?
Clan leaders on sen get to moderate their own clan forum that's why he's still on the list and in my opinion if he has left, is inactive and has never bothered you and since he's inactive he never will why would you even care about it? I know I don't.

fuck you all

Jul 18 2008, 12:50 am Hercanic Post #51

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Quote from Hercanic
Perhaps you misunderstood me. The moderation power attached to his account over the clan forum is given to him by the clan.

For the record, Yoshi added himself to the staff page when he received his position.
That's still not clear, Moose. Are you talking mechanically, as in by being the head of the clan he automatically receives moderation powers because of how the system is set up? Or is it up to the clan to give or remove moderating status, and out of democratic respect the administration does not intervene?

Either way, when someone officially resigns and leaves, it's usually a good idea to remove moderation rights, at the very least so unaware people don't PM him asking for moderation when he isn't around to even read the message. Are there no other moderators for the [MM] forum?

(EDIT: I added in a quote of the original message I responded to, since Moose subsequently updated it after I posted)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 18 2008, 2:11 am by Hercanic.

Jul 18 2008, 12:52 am Moose Post #52

We live in a society.

Quote from Hercanic
Or is it up to the clan to give or remove moderating status, and out of democratic respect the administration does not intervene?
This one. As much as the administration runs SEN, the administration does not run the individual clans. While SEN rules continue to apply in clan forums, their moderators are not selected or removed by administration (other than the clan leader) unless circumstance warrants it. IE, clan forum moderators are not "staff" moderators.
You are out of place to suggest how Clan [MM] should run their clan and select their moderators.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Voyager having moderation powers for the Clan [MM] forum. If I am unaware of a bug that causes the clan forum moderation to confer to him additional power that extends outside of the Clan [MM] forum, please inform me. Otherwise, I will assume that the code grants him power to moderate where he has rights to and that the system is working as intended.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Jul 18 2008, 1:05 am by Mini Moose 2707.

Jul 18 2008, 1:23 am Symmetry Post #53

Dungeon Master

all global moderators are listed there.

And me :P

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jul 18 2008, 2:00 am Hercanic Post #54

Dear Corbo:
This is the second time you've come out swinging at me. The first was with the whole Karma misunderstanding. Do you really see me as that antagonistic to project such negative intentions into my words?

Quote from Hercanic
Quote from Mini Moose
The moderators on the Staff page is correct. It is automated
Quote from Hercanic
I was being general. My meaning was that the automation is made inaccurate when people who've resigned are still left as moderators.

Quote from Corbo
You want to start telling me how to run a clan now?
I have done no such thing.

Quote from Corbo
Clan leaders on sen get to moderate their own clan forum that's why he's still on the list and in my opinion if he has left, is inactive and has never bothered you and since he's inactive he never will why would you even care about it? I know I don't.
I consider Voyager to be a friend of mine, and respect him as a fellow modder. This is not an attack against him in any way, professionally or personally. I know his leaving was hard, he is a great guy. Maybe he might return one day, and if he does his spot is preserved, right? That's fine. Again, I was being general, and was not aware of how the clan/moderation connection worked. Voyager was just an example, not the point of contention.

As for any reason why it would matter: "...at the very least so unaware people don't PM him asking for moderation when he isn't around to even read the message."

Dear Mini Moose:
Quote from Mini Moose
You are out of place to suggest how Clan [MM] should run their clan and select their moderators.
Aside from this being a misunderstanding, you are out of place to deny me the ability to even suggest. Yes, you are an Administrator, and ultimately what you say goes. I am at your mercy in that regard. But if I disagree with you on a fundamental level, I will speak my mind. All you can do is ban me.

Oh, you edited the heck out of your post while I was replying to it. I'm going to add in a quote of what it was when I was writing. You have access to an edit history, correct? If I am inaccurate, feel free to correct the quote using that history.

Quote from Hercanic
Perhaps you misunderstood me. The moderation power attached to his account over the clan forum is given to him by the clan. Voyager did not resign from his clan. Voyager is clearly still in Clan [MM], therefore it is perfectly valid for him to moderate the Clan [MM] forum.
EDIT: Clan moderators are no longer displayed as moderators on the Staff page.

The green is all new stuff that wasn't there when I started replying.

You also changed the previous one too. Argh!
Quote from Hercanic
The moderators on the Staff page is correct. It is automated and does not need to be "updated" because it draws directly from the forums themselves. Voyager may have resigned from his job (previously moderating some other forums), but not from his clan or the moderation over the [MM] forum granted to him by virtue of the clan. If anything, the problem is that it lists Clan forum moderators along with the SEN forum moderators. I will try to find a way to code around this.

Unless you are referring to the actual list of staff and not the people listed under the "Moderators" spot. That is another matter entirely. :P Regardless, all global moderators are listed there.
I don't remember as clearly what was originally in this message, so I can't highlight the changes. =o\

The main problem with the edits is I reply to the original message, you edit it clarifying yourself more, then I post and any confusion expressed in my reply makes me look retarded (because your updated message is now more clear). Or it makes the conversation seem more focused on Voyager when it originally wasn't, reinforcing Corbo's accusations.

Quote from Hercanic
Or is it up to the clan to give or remove moderating status, and out of democratic respect the administration does not intervene?
This one. As much as the administration runs SEN, the administration does not run the individual clans. While SEN rules continue to apply in clan forums, their moderators are not selected or removed by administration (other than the clan leader) unless circumstance warrants it. IE, clan forum moderators are not "staff" moderators.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Voyager having moderation powers for the Clan [MM] forum. If I am unaware of a bug that causes the clan forum moderation to confer to him additional power that extends outside of the Clan [MM] forum, please inform me. Otherwise, I will assume that the code grants him power to moderate where he has rights to and that the system is working as intended.
Blargh again.

Jul 18 2008, 2:26 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #55

👻 👾 👽 💪

I don't think Corbo is necessarily accusing, he acts like that intentionally. Lighten what he says by like 100% and that is generally what he actually means :P (He is usually joking trying to give people a hard time.)

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jul 18 2008, 2:27 am Moose Post #56

We live in a society.

Quote from Hercanic
I was being general. My meaning was that the automation is made inaccurate when people who've resigned are still left as moderators.
The list of moderators accurately reports the forums that each person is moderating. Voyager was removed from all of the forums that he was supposed to be removed from and remained on the forums where he was supposed to remain. The same has been done for every other moderator that has ever quit.
Though I suppose if you had the clarification granted to you by my edits when you were writing this, you would not have made this point.

Quote from Hercanic
As for any reason why it would matter: "...at the very least so unaware people don't PM him asking for moderation when he isn't around to even read the message."
Two points here. One is that anyone can check the date the moderator was last active when it seems they aren't getting a PM. The other is that using the report function instead of PMs will put someone in contact with all the moderators for the forum (most likely including active ones), as well as GMs and Admins.

Quote from Hercanic
The main problem with the edits is I reply to the original message, you edit it clarifying yourself more, then I post and any confusion expressed in my reply makes me look retarded (because your updated message is now more clear).
You can reload the topic before posting. You can edit your posts after you post that account for my changes. I do not edit with malicious intent - but rather for clarity and in the interest of not prolonging discussion superfluously. I will confess that I sometimes I type faster than I think. Though the message telling the reader that a post has been edited tells them something is up.
Regardless, you have not made any points dependent on my unedited posts, so I see this as rather insignificant. I also do not see any reason to have them included your post at all.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Jul 18 2008, 2:56 am by Mini Moose 2707.

Jul 21 2008, 12:12 am WoAHorde Post #57

Quote from Doodle77
Quote from WoAHorde

So you're admitting IE is superior? ;p

None.

Jul 21 2008, 12:14 am Falkoner Post #58

Nope, Farty made it work in Fx a while back :P

None.

Jul 21 2008, 1:15 am Symmetry Post #59

Dungeon Master

Quote from WoAHorde
Quote from Doodle77
Quote from WoAHorde

So you're admitting IE is superior? ;p

No, it just means that a lot of idiots made browser-specific features because they were close-minded, ignorant fools.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jul 21 2008, 2:05 am Corbo Post #60

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

LOL, You just called SeN v4 administration idiots for implementing it :P

And how is bringing new features and opposing to standard boring crap "closed minded"?

fuck you all

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum