Esponeo
Jun 27 2008, 2:23 pm
By: KrayZee
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 815 >

Jun 30 2008, 1:12 pm Moose Post #101

We live in a society.

Quote from Hug A Zergling
I've had other members delete posts/threads of mine without reason, and I always ask why.
Are you referring to the post deletion where I entered a reason of "a valid point - but spam" when you suggest someone test their own answer in Mapping Assistance (ie, not helping them)?
Or do you refer to the time that Merrell deleted one of your posts and told you that you cannot request torrents?
Or do you refer to..... oh wait, nobody else has ever deleted any of your posts. Are you kidding me? You're nowhere near being the victim of rampant overmoderation which you claim to be. Quit trying to demonize the staff for no good reason. Come on.

Jun 30 2008, 1:15 pm Hug A Zergling Post #102

Did I say delete? I meant locks too. Other members locking. I didnt really mean deletes :blush:

None.

Jun 30 2008, 1:16 pm Moose Post #103

We live in a society.

Did I say delete? I meant locks too. Other members locking. I didnt really mean deletes :blush:
You're still lying because two post deletions are the only actions against you in the moderation logs.

Jun 30 2008, 1:20 pm Hug A Zergling Post #104

Ip deleted one of my posts without a reason. And i thought moar bad stuff happened too me. My bad, all in all SEN's been good to me :P

EDIT: I could of been thinking of ML, but I can't remember what happened there, so im probably wrong again :><:

None.

Jun 30 2008, 1:25 pm Moose Post #105

We live in a society.

I'm not stupid. Quit lying. Especially when you can go into your profile and view your own logs in the admin tab. You deserve no sympathy from me (even less after these bogus claims).

Jun 30 2008, 1:28 pm Gigins Post #106

Harsh but true Moosey. :crazy:

None.

Jun 30 2008, 1:39 pm Hug A Zergling Post #107

I made a mistake, but I'm not lying. What would I gain from that?

None.

Jun 30 2008, 3:32 pm Clokr_ Post #108

Esponeo deleted some of my posts and yet my member log is empty :???:

?????

Jun 30 2008, 5:55 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #109

Quote from Clokr_
Esponeo deleted some of my posts and yet my member log is empty :???:

You can delete posts without it going to a member's log.

Oh please. You preach like no other moderator has ever acted in a way that was demeaning to a member. I remember more then a few times when you yourself acted in a way that could be considered snobbish at best.

I never implied no Staff member have ever acted such. But if memory serves, such action was almost overwhelmingly dealt with through speedy termination of employment. Look at the most recent example of Syphon. I think if nothing else is a more powerful argument, Syphon did far, far less wrong and has been a perfectly respectable and polite member of the community for much longer. Look what happened to Syphon: rapidly fired and now he decided to quit SEN.

Indecent behavior by other Staff members has no doubt occurred in the past, but it has also been almost uniformly punished.

Oh, and note that I'm talking about in an official capacity - Staff members should never be anything less than polite when taking action against a member or defending their decisions. The comments above still stand.

None.

Jun 30 2008, 7:08 pm Falkoner Post #110

The majority of the community does not like him, not because he's a global mod, but because he's being childish about how he is moderating, we don't have problems with the other moderators, because they are doing their job properly and not being dumb about it. Make him moderator of Null, Serious Discussion, and all those other little forums that aren't SC related, that's all he's really useful in anyway, he shouldn't be locking topics and messing up our ability to help solve other people's problems.

None.

Jun 30 2008, 7:21 pm Demented Shaman Post #111

The OSMAP topic was locked a while ago when he deleted the most recent protection debate topic.

Session Start (devilesk:esponeovendago): Mon Jun 23 17:35:13 2008
[17:35] esponeovendago: I also closed the OSMAP topic.

It was to prevent a resurrection of the topic after it was already brought to the top of the forum after that spammer guy was spamming in old topics.

As for all of his other actions stop whining. Those topics deserved to be locked and his reasons for locking them are perfectly valid.

None.

Jun 30 2008, 7:33 pm Clokr_ Post #112

Quote from MindArchon
Quote from DT_Battlekruser
This, I think, is the problem. No Staff member should be an asshole to any member, for any reason. There is no circumstance in which you cannot deal in a polite and professional manner.

Oh please. You preach like no other moderator has ever acted in a way that was demeaning to a member. I remember more then a few times when you yourself acted in a way that could be considered snobbish at best.

In the end you can fill pages and pages with your complaints and how you think Esponeo should be doing things, but in the end this is not a democracy. If Esponeo remains a moderator it is because Moose thinks he is doing his job well enough to retain that privilege. You can cover this entire thread with as much tears as you want, but in the end this is not your site.

If you have so much of a problem with Esponeo, then leave. Someone new will eventually fill your niche.

Quote from MindArchon
Quote from Hercanic
Quote from MindArchon
Oh please. You preach like no other moderator has ever acted in a way that was demeaning to a member.
So as long as other moderators have done it in the past, then it's okay? If we lived in your logic circle, everyone would be dead.
There is no logic circle here. I am simply pointing out that hypocrisy is rampant in DTBK's statement.

There's a very very big difference between being hypocrital and changing your behaviour over time. And I think that DT_BK is now way more responsible and respected by the comunity that how he was when he joined.

EDIT: lol devilesk. I was already missing your trolling skills :P

?????

Jun 30 2008, 7:44 pm Moose Post #113

We live in a society.

I made a mistake, but I'm not lying. What would I gain from that?
They are the same moderation actions.

EDIT: I do see IP's action at the bottom of your image. What is that?
We might have a logging problem.

Jun 30 2008, 8:18 pm Ultraviolet Post #114

Quote from Excalibur
Quite frankly Moose, i'm very unpleasantly surprised with you. The way long time contributors as well as generally decent members have been judged and treated by Esponeo is absolutely inexcusable. Your lax attitude towards his elitist/high-horse attitude is disgusting, and i don't know how in the hell you plan to keep anyone here with such decisions.

Yoshi is exactly right. Voy and Syphon already left, and as for me, well even Warboards is looking nice right about now. Because SEN is already slowly becoming what most other SC forums have, brainless, and here due to the administrations inability to make this a good place for the members.

Hehas an elitist attitude? Have you seen the way you post in melee production? Your hypocrisy is annoying. I'm all for you leaving and going to Warboards.

Quote from Clokr_

I love his trolling lol.

Jun 30 2008, 8:47 pm Sael Post #115

Be like me and change your name every three months for four long years. That way, nobody remembers who you were when you first joined.

There's too much in this "long term member" business. As long as there are people willing to discuss things intelligently, I don't see why they ought to be treated any differently, which is why perhaps Esponeo ought to do a better job at explaining his actions to members. I haven't had a problem with his moderating, really, but I think we could use explanations from him and all other moderators as to why they deleted certain posts, especially when you're unsure of why a post was deleted to begin with. To be honest, it sounds like Esponeo treated everyone fairly well. We know that he can be less... polite to members than some might expect at times, but that's just his humor and sensibility. It doesn't make him a bad moderator, and if his actions do offend you, then you need to take a deep breath and relax. I haven't seen him playing favorites with any members, and if he is doing at least a fair job, then we should just leave it at that. Now I have to go back and make sure that my other post doesn't make this one sound hypocritical.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 30 2008, 8:52 pm by Sael.

None.

Jun 30 2008, 8:54 pm Demented Shaman Post #116

Quote from name:NerdyTerdy
Quote from Excalibur
Quite frankly Moose, i'm very unpleasantly surprised with you. The way long time contributors as well as generally decent members have been judged and treated by Esponeo is absolutely inexcusable. Your lax attitude towards his elitist/high-horse attitude is disgusting, and i don't know how in the hell you plan to keep anyone here with such decisions.

Yoshi is exactly right. Voy and Syphon already left, and as for me, well even Warboards is looking nice right about now. Because SEN is already slowly becoming what most other SC forums have, brainless, and here due to the administrations inability to make this a good place for the members.

Hehas an elitist attitude? Have you seen the way you post in melee production? Your hypocrisy is annoying. I'm all for you leaving and going to Warboards.

Quote from Clokr_

I love his trolling lol.

Quote from Sael
Be like me and change your name every three months for four long years. That way, nobody remembers who you were when you first joined.
Who are you?

Anyway I hope Moose isn't letting the stupid opinions of a vocal minority influence him too much and cause him to make unnecessary changes.

None.

Jun 30 2008, 9:02 pm Falkoner Post #117

Esponeo doesn't take shit from anyone. This thread will have no effect. =|

I think that's the majority of the problem.

None.

Jun 30 2008, 9:04 pm Hug A Zergling Post #118

The point of that was to show there was more then two post deletes, and that I wasn't lying. There more then whats shown there. My notices are:

Sender: Merrell
Time: May 25 2008, 11:26 am
Type: Moderation Action
Fine: 2 minerals
A post (#61428) of yours in this topic has been deleted. Soon you will be able to see such a post.
Sender: Mini Moose 2707
Time: Apr 28 2008, 6:39 pm
Fine: 10 minerals
A post (#53226) of yours in this topic has been deleted. Soon you will be able to see such a post.
Sender: Vrael
Time: Apr 12 2008, 6:37 pm
Type: Recieved minerals
I sent you 10 minerals.
Attached message:
Sender: isolatedpurity
Time: Mar 30 2008, 5:00 pm
Fine: 25 minerals
A post (#43790) of yours in this topic has been deleted. Soon you will be able to see such a post.
Sender: Dapperdan
Time: Mar 28 2008, 11:56 am
Fine: 5 minerals
Your topic The picture game finished product has been closed.
Reason given: Topic served its purpose
Sender: Dapperdan
Time: Mar 24 2008, 2:05 pm
Fine: 1 minerals
Your topic "Dog Go Home" has been closed.
Reason given: Topic already exists
Sender: Mini Moose 2707
Time: Mar 23 2008, 3:01 pm
Fine: 50 minerals
Your topic Maplantis...gone!?! has been deleted.
Reason given: Don't post this as news.

See? I do not shit you, mini moose.

None.

Jun 30 2008, 9:06 pm Moose Post #119

We live in a society.

I believe you now. Next time, please do that at my first doubt to save time.

Jun 30 2008, 9:06 pm Excalibur Post #120

The sword and the faith

Quote from name:NerdyTerdy

I try to help others improve in that section. Any advice i give is taken from people far better than I that i get over at BWMN. Most people are too lazy to go there to get the best advice theyre going to get because SEN lacks experienced melee mappers. Time and again people have said 'Well Ex is good at melee mapping' and i tell them the same as i will here, i simply act on advice given from the experienced. I have never claimed to be an expert or professional when it comes to melee mapping, but i do know more about it than your average SENner. And quite frankly Nerdy, i've done more for that section than most, regardless of what manner i did it in. If you dont like how i do it, why dont you?

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 815 >
  Back to forum