Esponeo
Jun 27 2008, 2:23 pm
By: KrayZee
Pages: < 1 « 13 14 15

Jul 7 2008, 11:15 pm Esponeo Post #281

The people making the "it's good" posts are the spammers. The thread creator has not done anything wrong. Locking the topic does not punish the right people or teach the offenders anything. Other posters have raised this point several times.
Except there are correct and incorrect ways to do this.
I would not have locked the topic if I thought it was hurting the creator for me to do so. I have already stated that I was not intending to teach the offenders anything. Believe it or not I did take the things people said into account. If you wanted the topic reopened you should have said so. As you can see I did not lock any future topics, although as I already stated I never actually intended to do so. Again, locking the topic was intended as a way to throw out the trash without hurting anyone and create a fresh start. I'm rambling now. I don't really know how I can make myself any more clear.

That is a problem.
Don't misquote me please. I specifically stated that I was unaware that the rules no longer existed. Perhaps it was wrong of me to assume that rules in place since the last time I moderated would still be around. I was never informed of any changes.

None.

Jul 7 2008, 11:18 pm Moose Post #282

We live in a society.

Quote from Esponeo
I specifically stated that I was unaware that the rules no longer existed. Perhaps it was wrong of me to assume that rules in place since the last time I moderated would still be around. I was never informed of any changes.
Such rules never existed on v5. You know that no such topics were carried over from v4. Futhermore, your rules topic for Terrain was beyond the scope of time covered in v4's last backup. I have no idea why you would assume such rules somehow survived an electronic equivalent of a small apocalypse.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jul 7 2008, 11:25 pm by Mini Moose 2707.

Jul 7 2008, 11:29 pm Esponeo Post #283

Such rules never existed on v5. You know that no such topics were carried over from v4. Futhermore, your rules topic for Terrain was beyond the scope of time covered in v4's last backup.
I did not know that. I was completely oblivious to how much had changed. Trying to moderate ended up requiring a lot of learning about what was going on. I tried to make up for any mistakes I may have made. As soon as it became clear that no such rules existed and that it would be impossible to justify moderating without them, I brought it up to you. You yourself mentioned the idea of creating rules several times as well. As it turns out, you did agree to create them. Now thanks to my pushing and your diligence they exist.

I did everything you asked and more. Any suggestions you gave me, I took to heart. Why are you now treating me like I failed at everything?

None.

Jul 7 2008, 11:42 pm Pyro682 Post #284

Because there obviously was a problem. Now that it is solved doesn't change the past. The people on this forum apparently have a high disliking to the idea of you being a Global Moderator. You screwed up, bud. Don't Worry though, I'm almost positive your time will come again. ^^b

None.

Jul 7 2008, 11:46 pm Moose Post #285

We live in a society.

Quote from Esponeo
As soon as it became clear that no such rules existed and that it would be impossible to justify moderating without them, I brought it up to you.
Though you still moderated anyway. :P

Quote from Esponeo
Why are you now treating me like I failed at everything?
Are you expecting sympathy? If this were true, you would find yourself unable to reply. I don't know what you're expecting.

Quote from Esponeo
You yourself mentioned the idea of creating rules several times as well. As it turns out, you did agree to create them. Now thanks to my pushing and your diligence they exist.
Yes, some good has come out of this in the form of more defined rules. Nobody is debating that point.

Jul 8 2008, 12:16 am Esponeo Post #286

Though you still moderated anyway.
Meh, not really. For the most part I stopped a lot of moderating after that. It's very hard to moderate topics when you don't have the rules to back you up. It isn't right.

Are you expecting sympathy? If this were true, you would find yourself unable to reply. I don't know what you're expecting.
Maybe instead of insulting me you should try answering what was a genuine question. There was a time when you were deathly afraid of having people think anything bad about you. Now you're purposefully being an asshole and reveling in it. What the fuck?

None.

Jul 8 2008, 12:45 am Brontobyte Post #287

Nobody is perfect:

[08:02 pm]Mini Moose 2707 -- Yes, my claim of BS is unjustified. I checked the logs.
[07:55 pm]Brontobyte -- Well, I use that term loosely. What I meant is, it shouldn't have been done by me. He/She should have provided the information upon uploading the files on SeN.
[07:54 pm]Brontobyte -- I simply made an educated guess on what the game was based on the title.
[07:54 pm]Mini Moose 2707 -- Oh wait, I forgot that you could edit them yourself.
[07:53 pm]Killer_Kow[MM] -- Hmm, he might be calling it on your use of the word 'precious'.
[07:53 pm]Brontobyte -- I fixed them as best I could, without downloading them/playing them and figuring out what they actually were.
[07:53 pm]Brontobyte -- :???:
[07:52 pm]Mini Moose 2707 -- I call bullshit.
[07:49 pm]Brontobyte -- Thanks to you MorroWMB I had to take precious time away from my life to fix your maps you uploaded and didn't tag/name... >:(
[07:46 pm]MorroWMB -- hi im new to this site ^^

Private Messages:

Title: LAME
Sender: Moose
Do you care enough that I have to go into the DB and remove it or can you wait the hour? :P

Title: RE: LAME
Sender: Brontobyte
Message: What are you talking about? Remove what? I did what I asked from you, quite some time ago. I just took it upon myself to tag/name the files, and I get kicked in the teeth by Administration. I don't understand why I am suspended from the shoutbox of all things... :-(

Title: RE: LAME
Sender: Moose

Mini Moose 2707 -- Oh wait, I forgot that you could edit them (meaning, the files) yourself.

As in, my suspension for such a thing is completely unjustified.

I clearly did nothing wrong, but misconceptions lead to scary things. I was lucky he didn't ban me. :few:

I here by call the action to which someone acts before they understand a situation completely and throughly, "Pulling an Esponeo".

Not only was this act committed by Moose, an Administrator (Nothing going to change what happened. :-() but this is the second time someone from SeN's Administration has done me wrong by not looking before they leap.

As of now, I am stuck outside of the shoutbox, I have negative minerals, NO APOLOGY was given. :-(

I would like it if this act took care of my little mishap that happened the other day while in the SeN Mafia 7 forum, you know what I'm talking about...(/me hopes Moose knows what shes talking about) :D

Its sort of too late now to unban me from the shoutbox. :-(

EDIT: Unbaned from the shoutbox at 8:53pm EST (GMT-5)
Lesson Learned: DON'T EDIT ANY FILE IN THE DATABASE! :)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 8 2008, 1:07 am by Brontobyte.

None.

Jul 8 2008, 1:57 am Moose Post #288

We live in a society.

Quote from Esponeo
Though you still moderated anyway.
Meh, not really. For the most part I stopped a lot of moderating after that. It's very hard to moderate topics when you don't have the rules to back you up. It isn't right.
I was only talking about the specific case of the "so good" terrain topic.

Brontobyte:
Quote from Brontobyte
I have negative minerals
This is a potentially demonizing ambiguity because nobody can tell if you were fined 2 or 2000. For the record, the fine was FIVE minerals. I have since sent you double the money you were fined, further negating this point. I would prefer that you phrase future complaints with words that keep things in perspective.

Next, I have clearly admitted that I was wrong in suspending you for your actions in the DLDB. You have posted the PM and shoutbox logs yourself. Unless you want me to be a jerk, there is no need to be sarcastic with your "DON'T EDIT ANY FILE IN THE DATABASE!". If you prefer a blunt translation there: quit while you're ahead.

Last, I straightforwardsly asked you, and you have posted the PM containing this yourself:
Do you care enough that I have to go into the DB and remove it or can you wait the hour? :P
It is troublesome to go into the database and remove suspensions. Because of that fact, I asked you if you really cared or didn't mind waiting out the hour suspension (one whole hour, hardcore shit right). I had to go out. Your response to my PM did not answer this question. Therefore, I left you suspended. I have to redo the suspensions so these things are less of a hassle.

[09:19 pm] Brontobyte -- http://www.uploadyourimages.com/ wtf is this? O_O'
Nice hack and popup site.
I guess I'm justified now. :ermm:

Post has been edited 9 time(s), last time on Jul 8 2008, 2:29 am by Mini Moose 2707.

Jul 8 2008, 2:43 am Esponeo Post #289

I was only talking about the specific case of the "so good" terrain topic.
Which was long, long before I knew that all the rule topics were missing.

None.

Jul 8 2008, 3:18 am Pyro682 Post #290

Quote from Esponeo
Maybe instead of insulting me you should try answering what was a genuine question. There was a time when you were deathly afraid of having people think anything bad about you. Now you're purposefully being an asshole and reveling in it. What the fuck?

Just wanna ask... Are you mad, or just "Laughing your ass off" here? :lol: :D ^^

None.

Jul 8 2008, 7:10 pm Brontobyte Post #291

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
[09:19 pm] Brontobyte -- http://www.uploadyourimages.com/ wtf is this? O_O'
Nice hack and popup site.
I guess I'm justified now. :ermm:

Yeah I was a little stupid in my wording. Thanks for the extra minerals!

The hack was not mine. When I was searching SeN's settings -> sig image this is one of the sites someone from SeN has provided as a place to upload the images to. I have tried it a bunch of times, and nothing worked. So do I get more minerals?

About the part with you asking me if you wanted to remove it. I thought I sent you a PM asking you to remove it, but I must have not hit the send button or my internet was going through the gay call box thingy that people have with dial up. I don't know which one was it, but I thought I did.

Problem solved, I'm over it. :)

None.

Jul 16 2008, 9:01 am Sael Post #292

Now you're purposefully being an asshole and reveling in it.
What a joke coming from Esponeo. Say what you want to about him, he can't actually be serious about that point.

None.

Jul 18 2008, 8:15 pm Esponeo Post #293

What a joke coming from Esponeo. Say what you want to about him, he can't actually be serious about that point.
Me or him?

None.

Jul 18 2008, 10:05 pm InsolubleFluff Post #294

I think this topic's quite long, are you guys still debating about it or not. In My Opinion, he deserves (deserved?) to lose his powers, he's a jurk D:

None.

Jul 18 2008, 10:07 pm Falkoner Post #295

He already lost his powers... Even more reason for this topic to end..

None.

Jul 18 2008, 10:10 pm InsolubleFluff Post #296

Yeah I figured he did.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 13 14 15
  Back to forum