Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: New extreme sport
New extreme sport
May 7 2008, 2:34 pm
By: T-MaStAA  

May 8 2008, 10:28 pm Doodle77 Post #21

Quote from name:NerdyTerdy
Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Quote from T-MaStAA
You can't get that sort of flow on a skateboard and what I like the most about freebords is that you can stop on a dime unlike skateboards where if you go downhill it's GG.
Omg! I just put my foot on the ground, and the increase in friction has produced enough force in the opposite direction to cause me to lose velocity! HolyshitIstopped!
... Or you could jump off and chase it. That sounds more entertaining.

And in the process you could destroy your shoes. Nice!
You know that only makes it more awesome.

None.

May 8 2008, 10:47 pm DevliN Post #22

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from name:-_- Kame -_-
Aww...here I was hoping it was something seriously hardcore...like PK. Well, PK isn't a sport per se...but its awesome.
Yeah, I think I prefer Parkour to this. :)

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

May 8 2008, 11:40 pm FatalException Post #23

Quote from name:-_- Kame -_-
Aww...here I was hoping it was something seriously hardcore...like PK. Well, PK isn't a sport per se...but its awesome.

Parkour is pretty sexy, but I think this wins.
That's a lie, and you know it.

None.

May 8 2008, 11:49 pm T-MaStAA Post #24

You look like a huge fag parkouring unless you're really good at it.

None.

May 9 2008, 12:06 am Syphon Post #25

Quote from T-MaStAA

The same thing can be said about ANYTHING.

None.

May 9 2008, 12:16 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #26

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from T-MaStAA
You can't get that sort of flow on a skateboard and what I like the most about freebords is that you can stop on a dime unlike skateboards where if you go downhill it's GG.
Omg! I just put my foot on the ground, and the increase in friction has produced enough force in the opposite direction to cause me to lose velocity! HolyshitIstopped!

What? That isn't why skaters wear such rediculously large shoes?

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

May 9 2008, 12:21 am Jello-Jigglers Post #27

This is old skool it's not that new lol. But it's a party, order your board 2day :)

None.

May 9 2008, 2:05 am T-MaStAA Post #28

Quote from Syphon
Quote from T-MaStAA

No, not at all. There are these 2 guys in my grade who go around climbing fences, jumping over picnic tables and trying to do hand stands all lunch period every day, we all just laugh at them. I don't judge anyone attempting to do any tricks in any extreme sport besides maybe those scooter kids because I know I was once one of those kids. Unless you're urban ninja or the Russian street climber, parkouring is laame.

Quote from T-MaStAA

What? That isn't why skaters wear such rediculously large shoes?

Um ok let me give you a scenario, you're on a skateboard going down a nice steep perfectly paved hill, you start to pick up speed and before you know it, you're going 50mph. You reach a busy intersection with heavy traffic. Putting your foot on the ground = a face plant, blood, intense pain, road rash, hospital, ect. With a freeboard, all you have to do is turn sideways and stop in a matter of seconds.

None.

May 9 2008, 2:25 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #29

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from T-MaStAA
Putting your foot on the ground = a face plant, blood, intense pain, road rash, hospital, ect.
Only if you are an idiot. Imagine running down a hill. You don't just stop moving your feet, you have to keep yourself back so you don't do as you described. It's the same concept, except you only have one foot to do it with.

Humanity.faith--;

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

May 9 2008, 3:12 pm T-MaStAA Post #30

Quote from T-MaStAA
Putting your foot on the ground = a face plant, blood, intense pain, road rash, hospital, ect.
Only if you are an idiot. Imagine running down a hill. You don't just stop moving your feet, you have to keep yourself back so you don't do as you described. It's the same concept, except you only have one foot to do it with.

Humanity.faith--;
I realise that what you are saying works up to a certain speed. Once you start to go too fast your legs won't be able to keep up.
Here I have found perfect examples:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bBWQlM2hVHs&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hr4Wy1Etms0&feature=related
Notice how all of them attempt to run to a stop but fail.

None.

May 9 2008, 8:16 pm Syphon Post #31

Neither of them attempted to stop, they lost control. And good luck getting a skateboard to go 50mph.

None.

May 9 2008, 8:57 pm DevliN Post #32

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from T-MaStAA
Um ok let me give you a scenario, you're on a skateboard going down a nice steep perfectly paved hill, you start to pick up speed and before you know it, you're going 50mph. You reach a busy intersection with heavy traffic. Putting your foot on the ground = a face plant, blood, intense pain, road rash, hospital, ect. With a freeboard, all you have to do is turn sideways and stop in a matter of seconds.
Wouldn't that severely damage the side of your "bord," then? I mean it's concrete we're talking about here, not snow...

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

May 9 2008, 9:22 pm A_of-s_t Post #33

aka idmontie

I totally want to check out this XTREME SPORT, it TOTALLY looks like it KICKS ass. I mean, SERIOUSLY! This is just as cool as this XTREME website.

Anyway. This is lame, just like every "extreme" sport. Get the hell over it -- nothing is "extreme," its just to what degree can you get hurt.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

May 10 2008, 5:51 am FatalException Post #34

Quote from T-MaStAA
Quote from Syphon
Quote from T-MaStAA

No, not at all. There are these 2 guys in my grade who go around climbing fences, jumping over picnic tables and trying to do hand stands all lunch period every day, we all just laugh at them. I don't judge anyone attempting to do any tricks in any extreme sport besides maybe those scooter kids because I know I was once one of those kids. Unless you're urban ninja or the Russian street climber, parkouring is laame.
Hand stands != parkour. This defines parkour quite well. If they call themselves traceurs because the jump over picnic tables and climb fences, I'm going to have to say that's wrong. Even if they aren't phail at that, they're still missing three of the five aspects.

The verb is tracing (or just doing), by the way.

None.

May 10 2008, 7:50 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #35

Quote from Syphon
Neither of them attempted to stop, they lost control. And good luck getting a skateboard to go 50mph.
lol ya that's called a long board, i think he got his boards confused.

And those guys in the vids only fell cause they have loose trucks. THey got hardcore speed wobble :lol:

None.

May 11 2008, 5:06 pm Fire_Kame Post #36

wth is starcraft

ITT we discuss how awesome PK is.

My bf is a traceur. Its pretty hot. ^^

May 11 2008, 7:29 pm Syphon Post #37

Quote from T-MaStAA
Quote from Syphon
Quote from T-MaStAA

There's these 2 kids at my school who go around trying to ollie, and jump down 2 sets of stairs on bear up skateboards all lunch period every day, we all just laugh at them. Unless you're Tony Hawk or Chad Muska skateboarding is laame.

None.

May 11 2008, 7:38 pm FatalException Post #38

Quote from Syphon
Quote from T-MaStAA
Quote from Syphon
Quote from T-MaStAA

There's these 2 kids at my school who go around trying to ollie, and jump down 2 sets of stairs on bear up skateboards all lunch period every day, we all just laugh at them. Unless you're Tony Hawk or Chad Muska skateboarding is laame.
He probably doesn't even know who David Belle is... :|

None.

May 11 2008, 8:26 pm Echo Post #39

There was something similar to this. If anyone is familiar with aggressive skating, it's inline skating but grinding and not gay. Someone made it into something for snow and tried grinding it.

None.

Options
  Back to forum