Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Mini-Game Party
Mini-Game Party
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Sep 2 2007, 7:11 am
By: MillenniumArmy
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 819 >

Mar 23 2008, 6:53 am MillenniumArmy Post #101

- Orbital shit (the one where you have a zergling with a crystal that orbits around it... it's really rigged!)
done
- The one where you get ghosts to kill lings that appears randomly... please, reduce the total number of kills to 8 maybe?
done
- Lurker sniper (the one with lurker that have to kills a cloaked ling)
I am not entirely sure about this one though. I did however, make the terrain brighter so that it is easier to see the lings. We'll c though
- The one where you can MC gols to create a killer BC that destroy nearby DA... make it 3 rounds maybe?
Well first of all I need to make the explanation for this game much clearer because it seems like nobody knows how to play (all they do is just mc random DAs until they just happen to MC a DA right next to their opponent). The 3 rounds thing might be a good idea though, I'll look into it if I can.
Btw, when is gonna come the next demo?
when I complete 64 mini-games. The exact date of its release is still unknown.
1- It would be like a dodge game: you have a zergling and you dodge reavers BUT, what's unexpected is that you have 3 different areas to watch for not being tuched by reavers and all your opponents are with you so they can kinda trap you and everything!
2- Again, a dodge idea: this time, in one area, but every time you get tuched, the unit that tuched you becomes yours so you now have to take care of not being tuched on any of these 2 units :D it would end when all units are controlled by players and the player that has the least wins!
1 - I have an idea almost just like that :P
2 - Interesting idea, I may consider this, thanks :)

None.

Mar 23 2008, 4:36 pm payne Post #102

:payne:

Np! :P
If ever you need any other thing (including in AG or Rush2), just ask me! :D

None.

Mar 25 2008, 3:44 am labdishwasher Post #103

Quote from MillenniumArmy
A) When I was brainstorming this map, spin the bottle was one of the first few ideas that popped up. However, I've decided to use two minigames which featured some elements of spin the bottle. Actually, if you noticed, the game #32 Ticking bomb i sort of tried to add that element in the sense that one person has to chase someone down.
B)Yea some people get confused by #9 Blown Away but again what can I do about it :P
C)Yea i realized that huge flaw to spin the bottle. I never bothered fixing it though because that map was made mainly for laughs. After that map was released i started working on mini-game party
A) About ticking bomb - when you know who the bomb is, it seems to me to be very easy to dodge the bomb. This in essence sets up "the bomb" as being extremely undesirable and any other person as being great. The timer at the top of the screen means that all you need to do is make sure you're not standing next to the bomb *when the time runs out*. I've had great success just standing next to the bomb guy and then running away right before the timer goes off. If you think about that situation octagonally, "the bomb" has 1 correct direction to move and 7 incorrect directions to move. He has to predict which way the person is going to run, somehow. The other person has 7 correct directions to move, and 1 incorrect direction to move (towards/adjacent to the bomb). To my knowledge, whoever happens to be the bomb on the last, 1vs1, round, loses. The odds are against him. I think that game would be better if the bomb had some form of attack, like in spin the bottle. Or, if all the players were bigger and faster, the bomb would be harder to get away from. (if everyone was, say, an ultralisk with speed, the bomb and the non-bomb would have a greater chance of colliding and exploding.) Hiding the timer and/or making it random, a la Hot Potato, could also help.
B) I, and some others that I know, followed the instructions for Blown Away just fine. I think the ADD masses who play Starcraft in general, always spamming "gogogo oogoogog", skipping mission briefings, etc, are the problem here. Careful, analytical reading of the instructions works every time. Well, almost. I have to admit that in the infested terran mini-game, I never got a single kill the first couple times I played it. I was unaware that infested terrans could attack the ground like siege tanks or nukes can!
C) If you have paypal, I will donate you a buck if you could put a time limit on spin the bottle! It is very popular with some of my friends. On that note, I'll donate two bucks if/when you finish mini-game party! :D

Thanks for all the great maps! I keep coming across new ones - volleyball was quite fun today. :)
PS - do you have them all archived somewhere?

None.

Mar 25 2008, 2:58 pm TheKeyToKilling Post #104

It would be cool if you had a function where you could do a vote on which mini-game you want to play... and then have a place where u can do a random 1... instead of just random all the time.

None.

Mar 25 2008, 8:33 pm payne Post #105

That has even been discussed: his answer was something like "I'll probably make one, but it'll be a closed version only for the SEN'ers".

None.

Mar 25 2008, 9:22 pm FooFighters Post #106

He'll have to make more locations, which he cant do, b/c of the limit, come on SCMDraft, give more locations

None.

Mar 25 2008, 10:10 pm MillenniumArmy Post #107

Locations aren't my biggest issue. Right now, i have 7 left over locations. I plan to save them just in case one of my future mini-games is gonna need one. If i were to implement a system in choosing mini-games to play, the real problem would be terrain space. As you can see from my avatar, that is how my final map is going to look. The only space left is the bottom right corner but that place is designated for reading mini-game instructions. But before I analyze the situation any further I have to think of an efficent user friendly method of choosing one of 96 different mini-games...

As for Ticking Bomb, I also came to realize that flaw. What I did in hopes of making it better is to make the exploding radius of the bomb bigger (and I'll use a bc explosion as opposed to a dropship one). And, I've shortened the timer to like 20 seconds so that people won't just sit around most of the time.

None.

Mar 25 2008, 10:17 pm payne Post #108

Well, you could use the huge terrain of the mini game that you get scv, marines, firebats and ghosts and you gotta survive?
... that would work! :D

None.

Mar 26 2008, 1:45 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #109

👻 👾 👽 💪

You could put it in one of the ovals, or find a square that best fits the screen... It isn't that hard to decide where to put it. :P
Hell, you could make it so that it is in the bottom right corner on walkable nulls so it stays black/starry... unless you don't want it to be starry.

Quote from FooFighters
He'll have to make more locations, which he cant do, b/c of the limit, come on SCMDraft, give more locations
...What? And SCMDraft can magically expand the limits on units, sprites, and locations? I don't even see why it allows you to go past SC's internal limits.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Mar 26 2008, 1:49 am MillenniumArmy Post #110

Actually, I just thought of a way. I'll organize them like folders. You first pick either mini-games: 1-24, 25-48, 49-72, or 73-96. Then you pick either mini-games: 1-6, 7-12, 13-18, or 19-24 and so on. Finally you'll see the names of all 6 mini-games and you select one (remember you can only play each mini-game once). OR if you don't want to go through all this trouble, there will always be an option where you can just pick a random mini-game. How does that sound

None.

Mar 26 2008, 2:12 am UNORiGiNAL Post #111

That sounds delicious.

None.

Mar 26 2008, 5:23 am TheKeyToKilling Post #112

Quote from MillenniumArmy
Actually, I just thought of a way. I'll organize them like folders. You first pick either mini-games: 1-24, 25-48, 49-72, or 73-96. Then you pick either mini-games: 1-6, 7-12, 13-18, or 19-24 and so on. Finally you'll see the names of all 6 mini-games and you select one (remember you can only play each mini-game once). OR if you don't want to go through all this trouble, there will always be an option where you can just pick a random mini-game. How does that sound

Actually I had thought of that too... but I didn't know if you'd have room on your map or enough units to use for that... My idea involved mind controlling a unit... and the unit u mind controlled wuz ur selection and I also had the idea of doing that folder thing too.

None.

Mar 26 2008, 9:41 pm payne Post #113

I have a better idea! :D
It's kinda unprofessionnal but I think it would really rocks:
Each player has a burrowed unit into each terrain and you simply make those "vote" by unburrowing (since people will more remember of the terrain then the name of the mini-game).

None.

Mar 27 2008, 4:00 am -BW-Map_God Post #114

Quote from payne
I have a better idea! :D
It's kinda unprofessionnal but I think it would really rocks:
Each player has a burrowed unit into each terrain and you simply make those "vote" by unburrowing (since people will more remember of the terrain then the name of the mini-game).

Except for the fact the Millennium is re-using a lot of the terrain and some of the games don't have terrain that would support burrowed units.

None.

Apr 17 2008, 5:07 am KrayZee Post #115

MillenniumArmy, have you ever encountered where playing one game screws up the other?

None.

Apr 17 2008, 6:07 am MillenniumArmy Post #116

Quote from name:KrAzY
MillenniumArmy, have you ever encountered where playing one game screws up the other?
In the demo if you play Musical chairs right before you play hot potato, it'll mess up hot potato.

None.

Apr 17 2008, 11:19 am FooFighters Post #117

Millenium, did you fix that?
and how many games do you have done now?
b/c i want to play your map so badly when it is finished, hopefully, you'll come back in SC2 and make better maps

None.

Apr 19 2008, 9:01 pm General_Raynor Post #118

I havent read the whole thread, but played Demo2.

- Game doesnt continue in rare cases when 2 players for example shoot each other at exactly the same time ( so no winner). e.g. In the duell game.
- Why dont you use air units for "orbital blast" to avoid the errors at map edges?

greetings

None.

Apr 19 2008, 9:19 pm Vi3t-X Post #119

DEMO2 ERROR:

Yesterday durring mapnight, the one where you must kill as many ghosts as possible, there is a glitch where "double finals" (the act of two ghosts slaying each other simultaniously) nothing will happen and the game will freeze.

Reccommendation: DRAW ROUND, nothing happens.

None.

Apr 20 2008, 6:09 pm payne Post #120

Lol, Vi3t-X, that's been mentionned many times in the topic :P

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 819 >
  Back to forum