Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Mini-Game Party
Mini-Game Party
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Sep 2 2007, 7:11 am
By: MillenniumArmy
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 1019 >

May 30 2008, 7:36 pm MillenniumArmy Post #141

I just thought of something

For mini-game #32 Ticking Bomb where one person is the bomb and that he has to stand next to someone to blow him up. Should I make the countdown timer invisible and only have the bomb person be able to see how long till he blows up? The other players will only get a randomly timed warning like "Bomb is gonna blow in XX seconds!" Would that make that particular mini-game better?

None.

May 30 2008, 9:13 pm payne Post #142

:payne:

Zomg! Really good idea!!
But don't even show ANY timer to the non-bomb-players :bleh:
Oh, and try to add an ability to the bomb of when there is only 2 players left, else, it's too hard :(

None.

Jun 1 2008, 1:13 pm MillenniumArmy Post #143

Ok, got three tough and tedious ones done:

#58 Teleport Dodge
A while ago for one of Minimooses monthly mapping contest on the old SEN, i made a map called teleport dodge. This is going to be exactly like it. You have a dark archon and in order to move it, you have to mind control other units. You will be placed in a 8x8 grid, so there will be 64 different units or "spaces" for you to move. Enemy units come flying from all four sides of the arena. The catch to this game is that each space can only be used once, meaning if everyone moves enough times, there will eventually be no more spaces for you to move to. Last man standing wins.

#59 Dog Fighters
Sort of like my old Rocket Launchers map (can be found at my old website). Everyone has a dropship with units inside. Everytime you unload a unit, you will launch a homing missile at a certain player. Remember to read the names of each unit as each one corresponds to a different player. You are placed in an arena with "walls" meaning that your dropship cannot go over them and missiles will blow up on them. So use the terrain to your advantage and last man alive wins.

#60 Nydus Canal Launchers
Everyone has an overlord. You also have a nydus canal to the right of the arena. Place the second part of the nydus canal anywhere in the arena and your overlord will launch a barrage of missiles towards wherever you just placed the nydus. If you are out, you can still launch missiles but you won't shoot out as many. Last man alive wins.

None.

Jun 1 2008, 3:26 pm payne Post #144

Hey, what about implementing that new option:
Letting the players choose if people win a mini-game once it has won it one time, or 3, or 5 or 10?

None.

Jun 1 2008, 5:25 pm fritfrat Post #145

Since your asking for ideas and have already used one of mine, I figure, why not give a few more a shot. Sorry if you've already used any of these.. I didn't look through the list, but instead tried to be creative enough it wouldn't have already been done.

1) Towers of Hanoi, 4 tall (just use buildings/big units/small units, sair to control). First player done wins :)

And then here's a couple big-grid-based games I came up with, if you have one lying around somewhere on your map.
2) Fill it with medics, give all players a DA and goals around the outside. All invincible except the middle medic. If you mind control it, it goes invincible again and one medic diagonally closer to your goal becomes uninvincible (possibly changing colors as well). Kind of goes back and forth in its direction depending on who can mind control it the fastest.. get it to your goal, and you win. If you just have a scourge floating above them and keep them all non-invincible and the same color, you could even time ahead of time with latency where you think it's going to be.

3) Fill it with zerglings, give 1 to each player in a corner. If you burrow, you gain control of all neutral zerglings around you as well as make a random air unit above you. Killed zerglings are replaced with neutral zerglings.. if you can, make burrowed neutral units so people can't just re-possess them right away, but that's not needed if not viable. Kill other air units and other zerglings until you control 3/4 of the board, where you win. Also, re-burrowing supplies you with more air units up to the number of zerglings you control.

None.

Jun 2 2008, 10:47 am MillenniumArmy Post #146

Quote from payne
Hey, what about implementing that new option:
Letting the players choose if people win a mini-game once it has won it one time, or 3, or 5 or 10?
Well there's going to be over 100 mini-games in the final version. That's gonna be alot of mini-games for people to be browsing through and unless you're wellread on the mini-game numbers for each game and are willing to spend the extra effort to search for particular mini-games, I doubt this would be necessary.

But again I won't know yet. And like I said earlier, I would probably implement a feature where you can play mini-games of certain genres or something. None of this will be final until I get the final version out.

Quote from name:fritfrat(U)
Since your asking for ideas and have already used one of mine, I figure, why not give a few more a shot. Sorry if you've already used any of these.. I didn't look through the list, but instead tried to be creative enough it wouldn't have already been done.

1) Towers of Hanoi, 4 tall (just use buildings/big units/small units, sair to control). First player done wins :)

And then here's a couple big-grid-based games I came up with, if you have one lying around somewhere on your map.
2) Fill it with medics, give all players a DA and goals around the outside. All invincible except the middle medic. If you mind control it, it goes invincible again and one medic diagonally closer to your goal becomes uninvincible (possibly changing colors as well). Kind of goes back and forth in its direction depending on who can mind control it the fastest.. get it to your goal, and you win. If you just have a scourge floating above them and keep them all non-invincible and the same color, you could even time ahead of time with latency where you think it's going to be.

3) Fill it with zerglings, give 1 to each player in a corner. If you burrow, you gain control of all neutral zerglings around you as well as make a random air unit above you. Killed zerglings are replaced with neutral zerglings.. if you can, make burrowed neutral units so people can't just re-possess them right away, but that's not needed if not viable. Kill other air units and other zerglings until you control 3/4 of the board, where you win. Also, re-burrowing supplies you with more air units up to the number of zerglings you control.
I'm not sure I understand your first one.

I really like the general concepts of the next two. If I am going to use them, I might have to do it a little differently though because your mom blows LOL. Jk, well its actually because i need to conserve what little resources I have left in my map. Thanks :)

Oh and one more mini-game:

#61: Goliath tracks
Everyone has a goliath. Make your way across to the otherside to score points. However as we all know, goliaths can have pretty bad pathfinding and easily get blocked by other units. So this is a game where you must conquer that shortcoming. The arena will be packed with junkyarded goliaths and if you stray away from a given pathway, you will die and have to restart. First one to make it across 3 times wins.

None.

Jun 2 2008, 1:09 pm MillenniumArmy Post #147

#62 Vulture Tag
Sort of like the map vulture tag, but not really. You have a vulture and have to avoid getting killed. Enemies will come charging at you so you can either run around until you are cornered or use spider mines to slow them down a little. You have three lives to spare. Last man standing wins.

#63 Cage of Ultralisks
You have up to 12 civilians and you must make your way out of here. However, a cage full of ultralisks bars your way. You must take your chances and run through them all hoping at least one of your civilians makes it out alive. Don't worry about your civilians dying because you will constantly be spawning them. This is a race, first person to bring at least ONE civilian to the end wins.

None.

Jun 2 2008, 2:11 pm Falkoner Post #148

I love that cage of ultralisks, it reminds me of some bound maps where you have to dupe the Ultralisk with one bounder and then run the other through.

None.

Jun 2 2008, 5:53 pm payne Post #149

ONE MORE UNTIL NEW DEMO RELEASE!! ^^

None.

Jun 2 2008, 8:33 pm MillenniumArmy Post #150

#64: Move you damn reavers
You have a zealot. Your objective is to make it all the way to the end. However, there are alot of reavers blocking the way. You must navigate through all of them. Or if they're pissing you off that much, you can attack them and clear the way a little. First one to the end wins.

None.

Jun 2 2008, 10:15 pm payne Post #151

Where is the DEMO? O.o

None.

Jun 2 2008, 10:57 pm Falkoner Post #152

I got it :P it's nice to help test :)

None.

Jun 3 2008, 3:51 pm Cammz Post #153

MilleniumArmy always makes the best mini-game maps. Good luck - can't wait to play the finished version! ^^

None.

Jun 3 2008, 9:16 pm MillenniumArmy Post #154

Can't stop now.

#65 Bumper balls
I took out the bumper balls in the first 32 games and replaced it with this. You have command of two units: a civilian inside a small square arena, and a ghost outside of the arena. With your ghost, you can attack the balls to make them move. Try to knock the balls into your opponents civilians. If you lose your civilian, you can still use your ghost. Last civilian standing wins

None.

Jun 4 2008, 3:29 pm Cammz Post #155

I found a bug playing 1 player.

I think the minigame was 'zergling swarm'. The one where you have to shoot the ling(s) first with your ghost. Yeah, well, about that, I couldn't actually kill any lings. They were either too strong, too small time to kill or I was just not hitting them.. :|

None.

Jun 6 2008, 9:39 pm General_Raynor Post #156

Got some suggestions:

- "Jokers" would be cool. For example give player1 3 Jokers and if you get a minigame that nobody likes or nobody is able to do (e.g. bound or wavy treadmile) you can use a joker to skip it. Would be very nice.

- In the arrow game (where you morph hydra to shot horitontaly) maybe give the wraith to a computerplayer fot it is possible by rapid clicking to change its direction...

- the game where you are told what square to go lots of stupid guys dont know that its just about the 8 squares and not all 25... Maybe add a message that reminds them of that if nobody wins the round after a certain amount of time...

- Sometimes ago I made a simple, yet funny map and i think you could easily use it as an idea for a minigame. I attach the map. The Idea is simple: Cast a dark swarm and 4 computer controlled units will appear at the targeted location, each moving in a certain directon (north, south, west, east). Dodge them all or you will die. Last man standing wins :)

greetings

Attachments:
Dynarena095.scx
Hits: 0 Size: 50.05kb

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Jun 6 2008, 9:57 pm by General_Raynor.

None.

Jun 10 2008, 6:09 pm MillenniumArmy Post #157

Alright special thanks to zB-C-yamico96 for sending me a notepad file containing over 37 possible mini-game ideas. Now I have enough ideas to make this map have 112 mini-games :)

None.

Jun 10 2008, 6:53 pm Impeached Post #158

At this rate, you're going to hit the string limit before the ideas limit. :P

None.

Jun 11 2008, 2:04 am 49281358723941702706 Post #159

That is a list of minigames released in the 7 Mario Parties. It might be helpful.

P.S. Your map was well worth playing.

None.

Jun 12 2008, 12:06 am MillenniumArmy Post #160

Wow, never thought the day would come where I'd have 128 mini-game ideas
(which is mostly thanks to yamico and gamma)

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 1019 >
  Back to forum