By: TiKels
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Jul 22 2012, 3:18 am Fire_Kame Post #21

wth is starcraft

Way to believe in me Jack. :-(

Jul 22 2012, 3:35 am TiKels Post #22

Quote from name:I Iz LEET
A melody to myself? Oh boy, this should be bad. :awesome:
Oh shoot, I actually meant to write that you AND jack would have the melody. Are you alright with that?

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Jul 22 2012, 3:51 am Dem0n Post #23

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Yeah, that's fine. I currently am not in a position where I should be soloing melodies anyways. I haven't touched my clarinet in over 2 months.

Jul 22 2012, 3:52 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #24

👻 👾 👽 💪

um. So am I supposed to just kind of come up with something from just that music?

What is that music even? Am I supposed to just be looking at the chord names scrawled around on it?

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jul 22 2012, 4:13 am TiKels Post #25

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
um. So am I supposed to just kind of come up with something from just that music?

What is that music even? Am I supposed to just be looking at the chord names scrawled around on it?
The key is E minor. You're lucky I play guitar so I know how to put things in terms you can mess with. Memorize this shape.

Put the first note on the 12th fret of the lowest string (or start on the open string) when you're doing your solo for this piece. The lowest string (the E string) plays an E. The key is E minor. The shape I showed you is the natural minor/aeolian mode (equivalent names). Are you putting 2 and 2 together yet?

If you want some practice look up a backing track online (there are tons on youtube). Pay attention to the key (it should be in the title or the description of the song) and adjust where you put the scale depending on the note. A good one for you is this one. Play it on your computer and play your guitar with it, with the shape I gave you starting on the 5th fret. Oh, and one other thing... you can also do pentatonic shapes, such as for E minor, you can do a pentatonic shape on the 12th fret and the 5th fret. When I started I sounded like shit. Absolute shit. You might, you might not: practice is the only way to get better so keep doing it. You have a solo, after all.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 22 2012, 4:20 am by TiKels.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Jul 22 2012, 4:19 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #26

👻 👾 👽 💪

I already knew it was in Em, and I know what an E is. I just don't really understand what the music is trying to tell me. ;o Am I just trying to play along with those chords or something?

Also I see like D7 and Gmaj7, is that saying like D F# A C and G B D F#, respectively (D-major 7 and G 7-major)? I don't know chords, so I had to do my best to make sense of this.

EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jul 22 2012, 4:22 am TiKels Post #27

Ignore the music for now, it's not what you need. Yes, you just play along with the chords. I gave you the scale you need to solo over this song. There are more advanced methods as well, mind you, but playing the original scale is the first thing you learn to do.

Yes and no, those chords are correct except the D7 is D dominant 7, not D major 7. I don't want you just playing the notes in the chords as the respective chords pass by, if that's what you're implying. That's boring.

Are you jamming over the backing track yet? I hope so. I have to sleep now.

-NudeRaider

Jul 22 2012, 4:26 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #28

👻 👾 👽 💪

I'm not saying following notes in a chord, but you still have to follow what it sounds like even just a little ... I don't imagine that you can just play something totally random and throw it over something else and expect it to sound good. ;o

And no, I just barely saw the post when I shouted in the shoutbox. And I have work for the next two days.

Jul 22 2012, 4:30 am TiKels Post #29

Unless you work for 12 hours a day you have no excuse for not jamming. And throwing something "totally random" is how you learn what sounds good. Start now.

-NudeRaider

Jul 22 2012, 6:56 am Fire_Kame Post #30

wth is starcraft

Wait...I thought you just wanted people to respond to the thread within forty eight hours....you want a final take? Or am I reading your response to Farty wrong? Forty Eight hours is asking a lot of a group that apparently won't play together ever and won't hear each other until the final cut is completed...you're not giving each other enough time to get the flow. In my opinion the best way would be to provide a track of the guitars or piano playing the chords or basic rhythm, providing it to your winds, winds post their pieces, and then pianos and guitars can if they choose go back rerecord their part and then its done...

I know jazz isn't rigid but there is a conversation that should be happening between two pieces of the same group. Which is easier to accomplish obviously by playing with peopel in the same room as you. That's just my two cents.

Jul 22 2012, 9:28 am RIVE Post #31

Just Here For The Pie

Quote from TiKels
I don't want you just playing the notes in the chords as the respective chords pass by, if that's what you're implying.

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
I don't imagine that you can just play something totally random and throw it over something else and expect it to sound good.

Up the chroma 100%! Fully chromatic piece engaged.
Laugh in the face of diatonic!

None.

Jul 22 2012, 10:09 am TiKels Post #32

Quote from Fire_Kame
Wait...I thought you just wanted people to respond to the thread within forty eight hours....you want a final take? Or am I reading your response to Farty wrong?
You were right the first time, I just want an activity check. But farty doesn't know how to solo yet (unless he has more ability than he let on), so he should practice for his solo while he waits for everything to start coagulating.

-NudeRaider

Jul 22 2012, 1:01 pm Sacrieur Post #33

Still Napping

I want my sheet music!

PLS :P

None.

Jul 22 2012, 11:40 pm TiKels Post #34

Eb Sheet Music
Bb Sheet Music

All good, yaes? If anyone has the means to get it, I'd recommend getting a program called Band In A Box. You can find it all over the seven seas. You input chord progressions and pick a style, and it generates a midi backing track based upon what you put in. It comes with tons of jazz standards and such, and I'd be able to give you the style sheet for autumn leaves.

Jack, how cometh your introduction? Any work yet?

-NudeRaider

Jul 23 2012, 2:29 am Jack Post #35

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Haven't done any work yet other than listen to some youtube of Autumn Leaves. Got a vague idea what I want to do but I'm not much of a jazz player so any help given in the form of example sheet music to modify and learn from would be appreciated.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jul 23 2012, 6:38 pm TiKels Post #36

Got an AIM or MSN? Would be easier to shoot ideas back and forth and not spam the topic.

-NudeRaider

Jul 23 2012, 6:48 pm Pr0nogo Post #37

hi guise are my skills good nuff
obv not jazz, but w/e

Jul 23 2012, 7:11 pm TiKels Post #38

Quote from Pr0nogo
hi guise are my skills good nuff
obv not jazz, but w/e
Do you actually play an instrument? Or are you just plugging your music in my thread?

-NudeRaider

Jul 23 2012, 7:25 pm Pr0nogo Post #39

I play all those instruments

Jul 23 2012, 7:34 pm Fire_Kame Post #40

wth is starcraft

you should play the drums.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum